Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys thanks for the replies. Those comments are all very reassuring regarding the mole/freckle changes! Unfortunately when it comes to skincancer and what to watch for the Internet is more a curse than a blessing. My last dermatology appointment the Dr mentioned that two colour moles and freckles are most of the time completely normal but the Internet says otherwise.

Im going to try my best to completely put my appt out of my mind

Reactions: 1
Guys thanks for the replies. Those comments are all very reassuring regarding the mole/freckle changes! Unfortunately when it comes to skincancer and what to watch for the Internet is more a curse than a blessing. My last dermatology appointment the Dr mentioned that two colour moles and freckles are most of the time completely normal but the Internet says otherwise.

Im going to try my best to completely put my appt out of my mind
Melanoma is my biggest trigger and I’ve ruined so many years of my life worrying over it. Your doc is absolutely right, the internet will have you believe every tiny change is a death sentence but in the very vast majority of cases even the most extreme changes are nothing. It’s just a tool to make sure people get all changes checked to catch the very few that are a problem (and even then, the very vast majority are cured).

• Heart
Hi everyone
So I’m going through a bit of a tit time at the moment. I just had a meltdown at work over it. Ive had really bad dizzy spells recently like the point where I feel like I have to stop myself from passing out. It happens when I move in a certain way or get up too quick or if I bend my head down or up. For many years I’ve had what they call ‘silent migraines’ where I don’t get the head pain but it get the visual disturbance, my vision goes completely for about 30 mins. Yesterday I had an awful episode of that and afterwards I felt in such a daze and head fog. Also took my blood pressure and that was higher than it should be
my doctor just called and she was a bit concerned about the dizziness so wants me to get a blood test done to rule out things like anaemia. I am now terrified that they’re going to find something like cancer on my blood test. I’m actually sat at work again crying about it..this has set my anxiety off massive time I feel sick 😩
Honestly, so many things can make you feel that way that aren't serious. Being low in iron, certain vitamins, ear problems, anxiety, blood pressure, stress.

• Heart
Talking of mole removal, I had mine done around 4 months ago now but I'm a bit worried about the scar. Feels like it hasn't healed the whole time.
scar.jpg
Do you think its worth seeing the doctor about, I'd feel bad if I waste their time 😭

Talking of mole removal, I had mine done around 4 months ago now but I'm a bit worried about the scar. Feels like it hasn't healed the whole time.
Do you think its worth seeing the doctor about, I'd feel bad if I waste their time 😭
It looks like a keloid, mine looked like this for over a year, even the redness.

Honestly, so many things can make you feel that way that aren't serious. Being low in iron, certain vitamins, ear problems, anxiety, blood pressure, stress.
You’re probably right and everything you’ve listed is probably what i have lol 😂 my anxiety has been so bad today it’s given me the worst tension headache known to (wo)man. I’m so over it!!

Hi everyone
So I’m going through a bit of a tit time at the moment. I just had a meltdown at work over it. Ive had really bad dizzy spells recently like the point where I feel like I have to stop myself from passing out. It happens when I move in a certain way or get up too quick or if I bend my head down or up. For many years I’ve had what they call ‘silent migraines’ where I don’t get the head pain but it get the visual disturbance, my vision goes completely for about 30 mins. Yesterday I had an awful episode of that and afterwards I felt in such a daze and head fog. Also took my blood pressure and that was higher than it should be
my doctor just called and she was a bit concerned about the dizziness so wants me to get a blood test done to rule out things like anaemia. I am now terrified that they’re going to find something like cancer on my blood test. I’m actually sat at work again crying about it..this has set my anxiety off massive time I feel sick 😩
My friend who is in her 70’s was having terrible dizziness (even while sitting down) and even being sick with it and it turned out she had very high blood pressure so the GP said that’s what’s causing the dizziness and she’s on tablets now to control her blood pressure. What was your blood pressure reading?

Yeah I think maybe I’m lacking in something. I always feel tired and like I just have no energy with a constant headache that feels like someone is trying to crush my skull. Sick of it
High blood pressure also causes headaches.

My friend who is in her 70’s was having terrible dizziness (even while sitting down) and even being sick with it and it turned out she had very high blood pressure so the GP said that’s what’s causing the dizziness and she’s on tablets now to control her blood pressure. What was your blood pressure reading?

High blood pressure also causes headaches.
My blood pressure was 138 over 98 (elevated) and then yesterday morning it was 144 over 98 which was also high. I work in radiology so I took a blood pressure machine home (I did ask before taking) my radiographer colleague told me that that isn’t much to worry about it’s slightly high but no cause for concern. But It’s high for me. I know my body. Also I am
On the contraceptive pill. I am coming off it now because I think it’s another factor in the high bp. My doctor said the pill I’m on isn’t likely to cause high bp as a side affect but I’m not sure. Before I took it I always had perfect bp. Once I’ve been on it it’s always been elevated!
I’ve woken up this morning feeling good…. My head feels clearer and I don’t feel as foggy and spaced out as I have done the last few days.

I don’t have a bad diet and I regularly exercise. I drink within the units each week and I don’t smoke so I have no idea what else could be causing the bp.

My blood pressure was 138 over 98 (elevated) and then yesterday morning it was 144 over 98 which was also high. I work in radiology so I took a blood pressure machine home (I did ask before taking) my radiographer colleague told me that that isn’t much to worry about it’s slightly high but no cause for concern. But It’s high for me. I know my body. Also I am
On the contraceptive pill. I am coming off it now because I think it’s another factor in the high bp. My doctor said the pill I’m on isn’t likely to cause high bp as a side affect but I’m not sure. Before I took it I always had perfect bp. Once I’ve been on it it’s always been elevated!
I’ve woken up this morning feeling good…. My head feels clearer and I don’t feel as foggy and spaced out as I have done the last few days.

I don’t have a bad diet and I regularly exercise. I drink within the units each week and I don’t smoke so I have no idea what else could be causing the bp.
Please see your GP, that radiographer is talking tit. I had severe preeclampsia earlier this year and while yes your top number is slightly raised, your lower number (98) is definitely something to look at. I don't mean to alarm you, but that is considered Stage 2 hypertension and I had to remain on drugs when mine was at that level. Things can't get nasty very quickly if you let it get higher than that. Headaches being one of the signs for sure.

Please see your GP, that radiographer is talking tit. I had severe preeclampsia earlier this year and while yes your top number is slightly raised, your lower number (98) is definitely something to look at. I don't mean to alarm you, but that is considered Stage 2 hypertension and I had to remain on drugs when mine was at that level. Things can't get nasty very quickly if you let it get higher than that. Headaches being one of the signs for sure.
Yeah I’m seeing my GP on Friday. That was the earliest they could see me 🙄 I told her my bp was high on the phone yesterday and she didn’t seem concerned at all. I was starting to think I was the only one getting concerned about it and it was driving me mad. Like you say it could lead to severe problems and that’s what’s really making me worry.

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses I do really appreciate it all. ❤I will get this sorted

Last edited:
  • Heart
I have a dermo appt in a few weeks to get a freckle that's changed looked at. I'm coping much better than I would in the past but still a bit panicky when I think about it. Has anyone had a freckle or mole change and have it be completely nothing?
I have one that changed shape slightly and a part of it got darker, I paid to get it checked through Boots mole checking service and they said it was fine.

Hey 👋
So update- went to have a blood test yesterday.
i have stopped taking my contraceptive pill and for 4 days now I haven’t had a dizzy spell. My bp dropped significantly but now has gone back up 😔
I’m seeing my doctor on Friday for the results of the blood test. Let’s see what she says.

Just had a letter from the hospital…no cancer found in the other half of my thyroid!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just had a letter from the hospital…no cancer found in the other half of my thyroid!
Congrats champagnebox! You must feel so relieved. I'm guessing you probably won't even need thyroxine medication or anything now since you still have part of your thyroid?

• Heart
Congrats champagnebox! You must feel so relieved. I'm guessing you probably won't even need thyroxine medication or anything now since you still have part of your thyroid?
No I had a second op to have the rest out, so I’m now thyroidless! And yeah taking medication for the rest of my life x

I've had a rash on my chest/breast area since last night. It's not massive. Little red spots. I still feel worried because I hate not knowing what something is. My eye's been itching so I'm thinking maybe it's an allergy to something, but basically my mind keeps going to all the worst possbilities.

I've had a rash on my chest/breast area since last night. It's not massive. Little red spots. I still feel worried because I hate not knowing what something is. My eye's been itching so I'm thinking maybe it's an allergy to something, but basically my mind keeps going to all the worst possbilities.
Sounds like an allergy or potential heat rash x

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.