Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if being anxious can cause a fever/shivers? My hands are freezing but body is hot to touch (been like this since Monday) and I can’t seem to regulate my temperature. I open the window and I get freezing cold, so I shut the window and get too hot. I’ve also got a really upset tummy but I’ve been on antibiotics. Trying to figure out if they could be causing these symptoms or if I’m just stressed/anxious. Also wondered if the change in weather might be causing my symptoms, is it just me or is it absolutely freezing this week??
I would check with a GP as it sounds like you might have an infection. Are you shivering?

I get cold and shivery after a really bad anxiety attack but it only lasts an hour or so.

Reactions: 1
Yes I get this! When you’re anxious your body reroutes the blood to your vital organs to keep them going at the expense of your fingers/extremities!

But…Don’t want to be that person but could you have covid? My temp went haywire when I had it..
well I actually thought the same and I’m going away Saturday and need to PCR to travel, I was so worried I paid for another one yesterday that’s came back negative and hoping my actual fit to fly one tomorrow does the same 🤞🏼 (I think this might be why I’m anxious) waited 3 years for this holiday and it means so much to me

I would check with a GP as it sounds like you might have an infection. Are you shivering?

I get cold and shivery after a really bad anxiety attack but it only lasts an hour or so.
I’ve been on antibiotics Tuesday-Tuesday because of tooth ache and possible need for a root canal. I can’t find anything online about that causing a fever though. Whenever I take my temperature the highest it’s been is 37 which isn’t even high it’s more the feeling of a fever if that makes sense?

well I actually thought the same and I’m going away Saturday and need to PCR to travel, I was so worried I paid for another one yesterday that’s came back negative and hoping my actual fit to fly one tomorrow does the same 🤞🏼 (I think this might be why I’m anxious) waited 3 years for this holiday and it means so much to me

I’ve been on antibiotics Tuesday-Tuesday because of tooth ache and possible need for a root canal. I can’t find anything online about that causing a fever though. Whenever I take my temperature the highest it’s been is 37 which isn’t even high it’s more the feeling of a fever if that makes sense?
No I completely understand, I was the same a few weeks ago before my holiday! All my aches and pains were sooo much worse! Now I’m back, I have literally none of them. I hope you have a lovely time!

It sounds like anxiety then. Try and relax and start to look forward to your holiday.

This is wayyyy TMI I’m going to sound even crazier than normal, the other day I was constipated after my second thyroid op and was checking in my vag and felt a hard lump that I think was me feeling my 💩 that was causing the constipation. Checked again today a few times because my mind is running away with me and although couldn’t really feel a lump, after a few occasions of checking when I went to the toilet I had slightly brown/red discharge ☹ it defo only happens when I’ve been feeling around in there, but I’m worried 😪 isn’t this like the definition of ‘bleeding after sex‘? my next smear test is in Jan, they won’t bring it forward will they? Does anyone else get a tiny bit of bleeding after something being up there? My nail isn’t exactly short and not sharp either…I knew it was too long when I put my finger up there ☹
hope everyone is doing okay ❤
You absolutely can feel stool through the vagina wall. It will feel like a hard lump. That's what you are feeling.

Yes when I used to poke around in there I would sometimes get brown discharge. Especially if I had just finished my period. Cervixs etc arnt made to be prodded and felt all the time so any slight disturbance can cause old blood to dislodge. That's what my gp told me.

Bleeding after sex usually happens straight away. Sorry tmi but once you go to the toilet after sex and wipe you would see blood/tinge of pink on the paper. That's what most bleeding after sex would look like. Not after you are poking around.

Xx

Reactions: 2
You absolutely can feel stool through the vagina wall. It will feel like a hard lump. That's what you are feeling.

Yes when I used to poke around in there I would sometimes get brown discharge. Especially if I had just finished my period. Cervixs etc arnt made to be prodded and felt all the time so any slight disturbance can cause old blood to dislodge. That's what my gp told me.

Bleeding after sex usually happens straight away. Sorry tmi but once you go to the toilet after sex and wipe you would see blood/tinge of pink on the paper. That's what most bleeding after sex would look like. Not after you are poking around.

Xx
I read something that said if you put your finger in your mouth and run your nail around your cheek, if it sctratches then it’s definitely too long/sharp for your vag…it made my cheek bleed 🙃

Hi everyone
So I’m going through a bit of a tit time at the moment. I just had a meltdown at work over it. Ive had really bad dizzy spells recently like the point where I feel like I have to stop myself from passing out. It happens when I move in a certain way or get up too quick or if I bend my head down or up. For many years I’ve had what they call ‘silent migraines’ where I don’t get the head pain but it get the visual disturbance, my vision goes completely for about 30 mins. Yesterday I had an awful episode of that and afterwards I felt in such a daze and head fog. Also took my blood pressure and that was higher than it should be
my doctor just called and she was a bit concerned about the dizziness so wants me to get a blood test done to rule out things like anaemia. I am now terrified that they’re going to find something like cancer on my blood test. I’m actually sat at work again crying about it..this has set my anxiety off massive time I feel sick 😩

Hi everyone
So I’m going through a bit of a tit time at the moment. I just had a meltdown at work over it. Ive had really bad dizzy spells recently like the point where I feel like I have to stop myself from passing out. It happens when I move in a certain way or get up too quick or if I bend my head down or up. For many years I’ve had what they call ‘silent migraines’ where I don’t get the head pain but it get the visual disturbance, my vision goes completely for about 30 mins. Yesterday I had an awful episode of that and afterwards I felt in such a daze and head fog. Also took my blood pressure and that was higher than it should be
my doctor just called and she was a bit concerned about the dizziness so wants me to get a blood test done to rule out things like anaemia. I am now terrified that they’re going to find something like cancer on my blood test. I’m actually sat at work again crying about it..this has set my anxiety off massive time I feel sick 😩
It sounds like you have vertigo.

Hi everyone
It’s very likely that you are just deficient in something like your iron for example that is contributing or like above, vertigo. I had similar symptoms and was told I’m anaemic and vitamin D deficient too. Your blood pressure could well be higher just from getting to/from the check or your body being a bit anxious about it all - it’s happened to me when I go the doctors or hospital and then it’s normal again.

• Heart
Hi everyone
Have you ever heard of ear crystals? If they come out of your middle ear they can cause dizziness and vertigo, below is a link to a simple reset to move them back into the inner ear, see if that helps!

• Heart
@noseybirdxo @ChampagneBox

thank you both. You’ve made me feel a bit better and lighter
I just always assume the worst in every health scenario it’s cancer. I do really think it might be an inner ear problem as I’ve always suffered with ENT issues ever since I was a baby.

@noseybirdxo @ChampagneBox

thank you both. You’ve made me feel a bit better and lighter
I just always assume the worst in every health scenario it’s cancer. I do really think it might be an inner ear problem as I’ve always suffered with ENT issues ever since I was a baby.
Honestly try the link I shared! I woke up dizzy a few weeks ago during the heatwave, whether it was my being dehydrated or hot or Ill I don’t know but I was panicking, crying, I followed that Epley manoeuvre and it hasn’t happened since And my dizziness did improve instantly

Hi everyone
Just wanted to add I was feeling very dizzy all the time and I started taking an iron supplement and it barely happens since.

I have a dermo appt in a few weeks to get a freckle that's changed looked at. I'm coping much better than I would in the past but still a bit panicky when I think about it. Has anyone had a freckle or mole change and have it be completely nothing?

I have a dermo appt in a few weeks to get a freckle that's changed looked at. I'm coping much better than I would in the past but still a bit panicky when I think about it. Has anyone had a freckle or mole change and have it be completely nothing?
Meeee I’ve got one that’s defo got a lot darker since I had a spot next to it and picked it, it has a slight halo around it according to the derm but he isn’t worried! And I have some super dark ones but again he’s not worried! Well done for getting the courage to go, I know how hard it is ❤ and if I go by the ridgid internet definition of dodgy moles, i think every mole I have looks dodgy in some way! Two shades of brown, irregular shape, extremely dark, but I’ve been twice now privately to the derm dr and he has no concerns!

Yeah I think maybe I’m lacking in something. I always feel tired and like I just have no energy with a constant headache that feels like someone is trying to crush my skull. Sick of it

Yeah I think maybe I’m lacking in something. I always feel tired and like I just have no energy with a constant headache that feels like someone is trying to crush my skull. Sick of it
Might be worth getting in touch with ENT, you might have inner ear/jaw problems!

• Heart
I had a small flat freckle on my shoulder almost triple in size, and become raised and a different colour. It was removed but turned out to be completely benign!

So many! I’ve had two removed that both ticked the boxes, changed colour, got bigger, became raised, itchy etc. Both were absolutely nothing. Most of the time even the nastiest looking aren’t! ❤

Yes mine looked like it was splitting in half and growing in both directions as well as very discoloured. Consultant took one look at it and said its nothing to worry about, but he said he would remove it if I wanted anyways and it was fine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.