Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No need for the sarcasm. My question was actually legitimate. I was wondering if the OP was concerned that there would still be issues off the back of it/why.
I think the problem is you’re clearly not an anxiety sufferer, so sometimes your responses come across as a bit blunt/harsh but I’m sure you don’t mean it that way but it’s hard to understand anxiety if you don’t suffer from it yourself. ✌

Reactions: 8
Why are you continuing to worry about something that you’ve been told isn’t an issue?
I haven't been told it isn't an issue. I was told not to dwell over it over the weekend and we would pick it up next week. When it was first flagged I was told it was a concern as to why figures were different. I then look at it, saw my mistake and went back to my boss to explain why there was a mistake and that it was my error. My boss said they appreciated the email explanation and said don't dwell over the weekend we will pick it up next week.

It's not the fact I'm worrying about it. It's if me worrying about it led to the reaction I had last night or if that was something else.

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure if this helps, but say the absolute worst-case scenario was that you had cervical cancer, you're far better getting pre-cancerous cells checked now and getting the right course of treatment (it's extremely treatable if found early), than leaving it dormant because of nerves over a smear test.

I put my smear test off for a few years because I was so anxious. I promise you they're fine and you'll feel so pleased with yourself for doing it afterwards. There's so many things we can't control about our bodies, but this is one thing we can. For a few minutes of embarrassment, you'll have peace of mind knowing you've gotten it taken care of.
I’ve got my first smear test later and I’m shitting it 😩 although I’m telling myself you’ve literally had a baby so you cope with any discomfort 🤣

• Heart
I’ve got my first smear test later and I’m shitting it 😩 although I’m telling myself you’ve literally had a baby so you cope with any discomfort 🤣
I know it's different for everyone but I've honestly had tampons that are more uncomfortable than a smear! You've got this 👏👏

I worried so much about my first smear - I have a low pain threshold and get really stressed about these things and things feeling uncomfortable. Honestly, my experience is that it’s not scary and doesn’t hurt. The only bit that felt more weird than uncomfortable is when they open up the thing they put in and it’s a little bit cold but that’s it. And as you say, you’ve had a baby - you’ll be okay 😉 💙

Reactions: 1
The worst part about the smear is always getting off the table and picking up your knickers from the floor and trying to put them on while the nurse shuffles over to her desk, it’s like your fingers turn into ten thumbs 🤣

Honestly I’ve dreaded them in the past but they have seen one million vaginas and they do not care. Once you’re lying back legs akimbo you’ll wonder what all the fuss and worry was about. I remember thinking to myself this is actually fine. And if you ever want to have kids it’s likely you’ll have all sorts of things put up you, waters broken and sweeps and the whole lot that it makes having a smear a walk in the park

Reactions: 3
The worst part about the smear is always getting off the table and picking up your knickers from the floor and trying to put them on while the nurse shuffles over to her desk, it’s like your fingers turn into ten thumbs 🤣

Honestly I’ve dreaded them in the past but they have seen one million vaginas and they do not care. Once you’re lying back legs akimbo you’ll wonder what all the fuss and worry was about. I remember thinking to myself this is actually fine. And if you ever want to have kids it’s likely you’ll have all sorts of things put up you, waters broken and sweeps and the whole lot that it makes having a smear a walk in the park
All done 😊 the worst bit was the blood afterward but I think I bleed easily anyway!
Yes when I was induced the midwife couldn’t get my waters so was prodding with the hook for ages, had to get another one to help in the end 😩😩

I’ll be honest it does hurt for me but I have problems with penetration anyway, but I’ll still go because it is sooo important!

Hey this is totally random and may not be the right thread but I’ve been put on antibiotics and as soon as I started taking them (after four doses so one day) I had a huge panic attack an my anxiety hasn’t calmed down since it’s been worse than I’ve had for a while has anyone else felt more anxious on antibiotics?? I know it can mess with your gut and your chemical balance or whatever and on google I see a few people have felt the same symptoms ? I was very poorly with tonsilitis and then took the antibiotics and bam huge panic! I’ve got three days left to go and am hoping once I’ve stopped them my anxiety goes back to a normal Level …. I suffer with anxiety anyway so am prone to it but yeah sorry it’s so random but has anyone else noticed anything like this ?? Doctor said it could be as our body’s react differently to things. Guess I’m just trying to explain away my symptoms to reassure myself…..

Last edited:
Hey this is totally random and may not be the right thread but I’ve been put on antibiotics and as soon as I started taking them (after four doses so one day) I had a huge panic attack an my anxiety hasn’t calmed down since it’s been worse than I’ve had for a while has anyone else felt more anxious on antibiotics?? I know it can mess with your gut and your chemical balance or whatever and on google I see a few people have felt the same symptoms ? I was very poorly with tonsilitis and then took the antibiotics and bam huge panic! I’ve got three days left to go and am hoping once I’ve stopped them my anxiety goes back to a normal Level …. I suffer with anxiety anyway so am prone to it but yeah sorry it’s so random but has anyone else noticed anything like this ?? Doctor said it could be as our body’s react differently to things. Guess I’m just trying to explain away my symptoms to reassure myself…..
Maybe try eating some live yoghurt? That might help restore the balance of gut bacteria

Went to a bbq yesterday and had some drinks and burgers sausages etc now I’m worrying about the impact alcohol and red meat will have on my bowel and bladder and liver ☹ and I feel like tit and super depressed today

I’ve already eaten more red meat this year than all of last year (I didn’t eat any last year so the bar is low lol)

Went to a bbq yesterday and had some drinks and burgers sausages etc now I’m worrying about the impact alcohol and red meat will have on my bowel and bladder and liver ☹ and I feel like tit and super depressed today

I’ve already eaten more red meat this year than all of last year (I didn’t eat any last year so the bar is low lol)
Alcohol is likely to heighten any feelings of anxiety you have, especially the day after having a drink.

All of these things youve named are fine in moderation. And yes moderation sometimes means a bit more than usual one week and it will likely get evened out by some other time when you consume very little

Went to a bbq yesterday and had some drinks and burgers sausages etc now I’m worrying about the impact alcohol and red meat will have on my bowel and bladder and liver ☹
Alcohol heightens your anxieties. It’s the Easter bank holiday weekend, allow yourself to indulge and eat nice food and drink alcohol. Life’s too short to not have the burger!!!! Everything in moderation is fine 💙

I don't know if anyone can help but im freaking out right now I was cooking up some vegtables and I was cooking courgette and they tasted so bitter I ate about 3 slices and then googles it then realised it was off and it says it can Gove me this poisoning and potentially kill me! I'm now shaking like an absolute leaf and feel like im doomed. this is part of my anxiety and why I never try new foods now im scared ill be seriously ill .

I don't know if anyone can help but im freaking out right now I was cooking up some vegtables and I was cooking courgette and they tasted so bitter I ate about 3 slices and then googles it then realised it was off and it says it can Gove me this poisoning and potentially kill me! I'm now shaking like an absolute leaf and feel like im doomed. this is part of my anxiety and why I never try new foods now im scared ill be seriously ill .
You need to chill out. If it was palatable enough that you ate 3 slices, it’s not going to do you any harm!!!!

You’ll be absolutely fine.

Hi all, I have posted this as a thread but I thought this may be quicker (an anxious mess right now trying to calm myself down)

Before I fell pregnant with my third I suffered from severe health anxiety about myself, however once I got pregnant it seemed to vanish, however now I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy (due next week) I'm finding the health anxiety is creeping back in and now it's all about worrying about my little boys health.

I have a 2 year old who always has had prominent lymph nodes in his neck, however more recently I've started to become anxious about them. I'm on Mat leave now but I was working full time so he was in nursery 5 days a week and he was always catching bugs|colds etc. So I just put it down to that. I felt them this morning and he has quite a few on the right side of his neck - he had a slight temp Sat|Sun so it could have just flared up again due to his illness, but I'm panicking it's something sinister.

I've rang the doctors and I'm just waiting for a call back but has anybody experienced the same with persistent lymph nodes in a toddler? My anxiety is sky high. He seems fine in himself, still drinking, eating and running around etc. My partner just doesn't get it and I wasn't really sure where to turn to for advice while I wait for the doctor to ring back.

Hi all, I have posted this as a thread but I thought this may be quicker (an anxious mess right now trying to calm myself down)

Before I fell pregnant with my third I suffered from severe health anxiety about myself, however once I got pregnant it seemed to vanish, however now I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy (due next week) I'm finding the health anxiety is creeping back in and now it's all about worrying about my little boys health.

I have a 2 year old who always has had prominent lymph nodes in his neck, however more recently I've started to become anxious about them. I'm on Mat leave now but I was working full time so he was in nursery 5 days a week and he was always catching bugs|colds etc. So I just put it down to that. I felt them this morning and he has quite a few on the right side of his neck - he had a slight temp Sat|Sun so it could have just flared up again due to his illness, but I'm panicking it's something sinister.

I've rang the doctors and I'm just waiting for a call back but has anybody experienced the same with persistent lymph nodes in a toddler? My anxiety is sky high. He seems fine in himself, still drinking, eating and running around etc. My partner just doesn't get it and I wasn't really sure where to turn to for advice while I wait for the doctor to ring back.
Try not to panic. Lymph nodes can swell up for so so many reasons! I personally have a few lymph nodes which are very reactive i.e. it doesn't take much to get them to flare up (bad acne has done it in the past!). Its good that you are taking him to see the doctor but I'm sure its all absolutely fine.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.