Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a bit of a wobble today, healing fine, no pain or anything but got really upset, sometimes it hits me that it could be cancer and I’ll find out either way soon 😪 I don’t want another op, I don’t want to take medication forever, but also what if it’s spread or they can’t cure it?

Had a bit of a wobble today, healing fine, no pain or anything but got really upset, sometimes it hits me that it could be cancer and I’ll find out either way soon 😪 I don’t want another op, I don’t want to take medication forever, but also what if it’s spread or they can’t cure it?
Have you got a follow up appointment booked?

Try to think positive but also remember that if it is cancer, it’s a very treatable type. Did they say how long you would have to wait for the results?

Reactions: 1
Try to think positive but also remember that if it is cancer, it’s a very treatable type. Did they say how long you would have to wait for the results?
I think it takes 2 weeks for the results to come back, so it’s already been almost a week

Reactions: 2
Todays been a week since my operation and yesterday and today I’ve just been feeling really emotional 😪 is it normal for sadness to kick in a week after an op? I think I need to remind myself that it was actually quite a big operation I had…maybe I’m a bit anaemic after it? I had my period the week before as well. Doesn’t help my bf is back to working away so I’m alone most of the time until Thursday, I have been trying to get out for walks, saw my mum yesterday and bfs mum is taking me out for a bit today

Todays been a week since my operation and yesterday and today I’ve just been feeling really emotional 😪 is it normal for sadness to kick in a week after an op? I think I need to remind myself that it was actually quite a big operation I had…maybe I’m a bit anaemic after it? I had my period the week before as well. Doesn’t help my bf is back to working away so I’m alone most of the time until Thursday, I have been trying to get out for walks, saw my mum yesterday and bfs mum is taking me out for a bit today
I’d doubt that you are anemic. You won’t have lost much, if any, blood during the procedure(unless there were complications and you would have been told about this) and unless you have abnormally heavy periods you won’t have lost anything that way.

i think you are just worrying about everything.

make sure you are drinking plenty of water, eating well and getting some fresh air but also resting.

• Heart
hope you guys don't mind me joining on this thread good to see people know the kind of things I go through daily.
lately ive been under so much stress stress like ive never had before in my life and it's basically forced me to do things I don't want to do/ struggle due to mental health.
does anyone else constantly check their body to see if its normal, I have this habit lately where I constantly check my heart to make sure its beating at a normal rate and see if there is palpitation I don't even know why its exhausting as I used to be bad for checking my body for lumps and my breathing and I got to a place where it was ok but since going though alot lately its all come back and I just feel a nervous wreck.

I also always feel on edge my anxiety and fight or flight is so high my body is always tingling like something bad is going to happen. I don't know how to overcome this again I feel so alone with it all... :(

hope you guys don't mind me joining on this thread good to see people know the kind of things I go through daily.
lately ive been under so much stress stress like ive never had before in my life and it's basically forced me to do things I don't want to do/ struggle due to mental health.
does anyone else constantly check their body to see if its normal, I have this habit lately where I constantly check my heart to make sure its beating at a normal rate and see if there is palpitation I don't even know why its exhausting as I used to be bad for checking my body for lumps and my breathing and I got to a place where it was ok but since going though alot lately its all come back and I just feel a nervous wreck.

I also always feel on edge my anxiety and fight or flight is so high my body is always tingling like something bad is going to happen. I don't know how to overcome this again I feel so alone with it all... :(
Oh my goodness I feel like I’d read about myself! During really stressful times I also do the same, check pulse, check for heart palpitations, constantly checking body etc

I am medicated for anxiety, I find speaking to someone when I’m feeling overwhelmed/anxious really helps I normally just tell my mum I feel overwhelmed, or going somewhere that I feel comfortable or have a comfort zone, also going for walks with someone, keeping myself busy, I do yoga breathing exercises, I cross stitch aswell and keep off social media and I find all of this helps, I’m also a single parent and find that when I find something to worry about or think I’m dying it makes me worry more because if something happened to me my son won’t have any parents, and I just remember it’s all irrational fears taking over my mind and it’s myself that’s making me ill not an actual illness as such

it is totally exhausting and I hope you find ways to help you through anxious times, you are definitely not alone in this! X

I won’t have a smear test because I worry it will come back and say I have cancer 😶 I know it’s so stupid, I have made several appointments and cancelled but I am going to finally make one for next week.

And I constantly worry about ovarian cancer even though nobody in my family has ever had it. it’s so draining sometimes and I feel selfish because people have genuine health problems.

Reactions: 3
I won’t have a smear test because I worry it will come back and say I have cancer 😶 I know it’s so stupid, I have made several appointments and cancelled but I am going to finally make one for next week.

And I constantly worry about ovarian cancer even though nobody in my family has ever had it. it’s so draining sometimes and I feel selfish because people have genuine health problems.
Smear testing is NOT a test to see if you have cancer. It is a screening test to check the health of the cells on the cervix. You would never go for a smear and then get a letter saying “you have cancer” - ever.

Reactions: 6

Smear tests check for HPV and abnormal cells. If they find the abnormal cells they can remove them and stop them from ever becoming cancerous. As bettycrockerr ^^ said, the direct outcome of a smear test is not going to be "cancer"

Reactions: 2
Hi I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while. I suffer very badly with health anxiety and experience many of the feelings you’ve all been sharing. I was just wondering, as I’m yet to see it mentioned, do any of you suffer with psychogenic pain of any kind as a result of your health anxiety? I get it very badly with bone and muscle pain. I only realised recently that many of my pains had no true physical cause, and they were caused by my anxiety catastophising things.
9DB9CF4F-D9BA-431B-A06F-977B740A5377.jpeg
59687F4D-C4EA-4FBE-9853-2D092B31DB44.jpeg

Smear testing is NOT a test to see if you have cancer. It is a screening test to check the health of the cells on the cervix. You would never go for a smear and then get a letter saying “you have cancer” - ever.
Of course I’m aware of this, but the thread is ‘health anxiety’ which can sometimes be irrational fears. My fear is that a smear will tell me it’s cancer. I know it’s to check for abnormal cells and HPV but I obviously think the worst outcome will happen. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Of course I’m aware of this, but the thread is ‘health anxiety’ which can sometimes be irrational fears. My fear is that a smear will tell me it’s cancer. I know it’s to check for abnormal cells and HPV but I obviously think the worst outcome will happen. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I'm not sure if this helps, but say the absolute worst-case scenario was that you had cervical cancer, you're far better getting pre-cancerous cells checked now and getting the right course of treatment (it's extremely treatable if found early), than leaving it dormant because of nerves over a smear test.

I put my smear test off for a few years because I was so anxious. I promise you they're fine and you'll feel so pleased with yourself for doing it afterwards. There's so many things we can't control about our bodies, but this is one thing we can. For a few minutes of embarrassment, you'll have peace of mind knowing you've gotten it taken care of.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm not sure if this helps, but say the absolute worst-case scenario was that you had cervical cancer, you're far better getting pre-cancerous cells checked now and getting the right course of treatment (it's extremely treatable if found early), than leaving it dormant because of nerves over a smear test.

I put my smear test off for a few years because I was so anxious. I promise you they're fine and you'll feel so pleased with yourself for doing it afterwards. There's so many things we can't control about our bodies, but this is one thing we can. For a few minutes of embarrassment, you'll have peace of mind knowing you've gotten it taken care of.
Great advice
I always tell myself that having cancer will be worse than going for the smear, and it helps if it’s caught early

Is this a panic attack?

Iv been worrying over a work mistake I made. Iv told my boss and highlighted why it was made and is an error on my part. He told me not to dwell on it over the holiday weekend but I can't help myself. I have been catastrophising ... Thinking I'm going to get fired or something!

Anyway last night I woke up around 4am and instantly felt really sick. Tried to get to the bathroom but felt so so feint and kind of... Couldn't feel my body.. like my arms felt so light and weak. Ended up laying on the cold floor and trying to focus on breathing. Thought I would throw up at some point but didn't. Remembered my doctor told me if you feel feint best thing to do is to get your legs higher than your head so I did that and started feeling better. I'm tired this morning and have a headache but no feeling sick. Keep going hot and cold though.

Has anyone experience similar of having anxiety about something? Obviously now I'm wondering if it's anxiety or something else..

• Heart
Is this a panic attack?

Iv been worrying over a work mistake I made. Iv told my boss and highlighted why it was made and is an error on my part. He told me not to dwell on it over the holiday weekend but I can't help myself. I have been catastrophising ... Thinking I'm going to get fired or something!

Anyway last night I woke up around 4am and instantly felt really sick. Tried to get to the bathroom but felt so so feint and kind of... Couldn't feel my body.. like my arms felt so light and weak. Ended up laying on the cold floor and trying to focus on breathing. Thought I would throw up at some point but didn't. Remembered my doctor told me if you feel feint best thing to do is to get your legs higher than your head so I did that and started feeling better. I'm tired this morning and have a headache but no feeling sick. Keep going hot and cold though.

Has anyone experience similar of having anxiety about something? Obviously now I'm wondering if it's anxiety or something else..
Why are you continuing to worry about something that you’ve been told isn’t an issue?

• Angry
Is this a panic attack?

Oh I sympathise completely. It does sound like physical symptoms of anxiety to me. If your work thing just happened recently then the anxiety of whats happened is still very fresh but just give it time and you will feel better about it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.