Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

amysiobhan84

My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. 😄 If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.

I one passed Princess Margaret on an escalator at The Ideal Home Exhibition. My mum totally missed who it was as she was struck by her hands. She leaned back to say "I bet she doesn't do any housework with those nails". Then we nearly got crushed trying to get off said escalator because crowds went nutso.

I also got into a lift at work one day and these two blokes told me to get out of the lift. I was about to give them some mouth but then Princess Anne rushed in with another bloke and said "thank you" and smiled. She was barely recognizable in civvy clothes which I've always like about her.
how do I message you?!

Disgruntled

My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. 😄 If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.

I one passed Princess Margaret on an escalator at The Ideal Home Exhibition. My mum totally missed who it was as she was struck by her hands. She leaned back to say "I bet she doesn't do any housework with those nails". Then we nearly got crushed trying to get off said escalator because crowds went nutso.

I also got into a lift at work one day and these two blokes told me to get out of the lift. I was about to give them some mouth but then Princess Anne rushed in with another bloke and said "thank you" and smiled. She was barely recognizable in civvy clothes which I've always like about her.
Maybe I’m mistaken, I’m 5’8 and he was shorter than me... but this was only a few years ago and it may be that he’s hunched up with age?! I just remember being surprised he wasn’t taller!

My daughter about 10 years ago was going out with an officer in the army stationed in N Ireland. She went with him to some fancy dinner at the barracks that Prince Edward was attending. He went round chatting and after noting she was English said - 'ah so you are not one of THEM'. She didn't really know what to say to that.
She should have said " that's what they ask about you"

I served him donkeys years ago, he wa very shy and furtive.

Blackbird

I've met William and Harry (at separate times). Harry was extremely charming (he really was something special); William was bit awkward. Kate was with him and seemed nervous - I wondered if they'd had a fight or something.

A relative met Camilla at an event and couldn't stop singing her praises - she said she was extremely witty and just a really great conversationalist.

I've heard Zara is incredibly normal and down to earth, which doesn't surprise me one bit.

I've also meet Zara's half-sister (the unacknowledged one) - she's a vet who works in the Southern Hemisphere - but she doesn't really count as royalty as she's not recognised by the royals.

petitspois

VIP Member
Respectfully, you are wrong. I am not referring to the child resulting from the remarriage (whose name is Stephanie).

It is more salacious - her name is Felicity - it's NOT the one that resulted from the remarriage.
But unless it’s Anne’s child then it’s not gossip is it?

Meringue22

VIP Member
One of my kids text me earlier to say ‘The queens daughter has just landed in a helicopter on the school field’. How random 🤣 I have no further info

Horatio

VIP Member
My daughter about 10 years ago was going out with an officer in the army stationed in N Ireland. She went with him to some fancy dinner at the barracks that Prince Edward was attending. He went round chatting and after noting she was English said - 'ah so you are not one of THEM'. She didn't really know what to say to that.
Wow and he always seemed kind of like the youngest child open minded ‘cool’ one with his attempt at a media career and no concern for the throne....

MaryMary

I’ve met Prince Phillip on a walkabout. He was pleasant enough. Brief glimpse of the Queen.

Re his height. If you look at old pictures of the royal family both he and Charles seem to have lost a few inches over the years. Age gets us all, even when you have access to the best health care imaginable.

Falkor

VIP Member
Her name's Felicity Tonkin and she's four years younger than Zara. Her mum was an art teacher in New Zealand. Mark Phillips acknowledged he was her father in 1991 and he and Anne divorced the following year.

Mycuppatea

A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5’4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds 😂); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected 😂) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).
Poor Prince Philip used to be so tall - he used to be around six foot.

Lilooooo

Dad was in the Welsh Guards and was stationed outside Buckingham Palace, he said the Queen Mother was absolutely lovely