Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dannie

Chatty Member
My husband is ex forces and has met Princess Anne, Charles and Prince Phillip. Prince Phillip is hilarious and there’s no filter with him- If he wants to say it he’ll say it. He has a cracking sense of humour. Princess Anne is especially lovely and she does many events with the forces.

Reactions: 1

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Not myself, but my husband tried to escape from Princess Anne!

He was in the army (early 80s), and she was head of his regiment. Being a bit of an idiot 🙄 he quite often did 28 days, where as part of the punishment they shave your head. He was however someone they used for regimental events as part of the service crew. He was a bit mortified at the idea of being introduced with his head shaved,so tried to escape under the tent, only to be pulled back out by his ankles. She made a particular point of talking to him - to ask about his lack of hair, so he had to tell her! He did say she was a wonderful woman though.

cosmo girl

VIP Member
I met Princess Diana. She was very friendly (tall). I use to work in South Kensington.. She use to shop there quite a lot. Only use to see her with an older lady. Never saw any security with her. This was after her she split with Prince Charles. I also met Fergie in Harrods. She looked so different in person. I was struck by how lovely she looked in person. She was really lovely.

• Heart

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

@TheMotherHen-Kathryn not sure if you know this but if you write a letter to Buckingham palace you always get a reply, obv put your address on the letter so they know where to send it. Just send anything something like "I'm a huge fan of the queen" and you get sent some pics and a wee letter in an envelope stamped from the palace.
OH MY WORD! Amazing 🙌🏻

So going to do this with my little one! A letter from the palace, how exciting!!
Such a brilliant thing!! Thanks so much for sharing 🙌🏻

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I've met Andy. None of the news surprises me. My brother has met Charles and really liked him. One grandad worked for Queen, said she was strict. Other met Diana on a visit and she changed his (previously negative) view on them.

It may have been? Or it might have been for a formal dinner held in my honour, when I made it quite clear after a weeks stay that I hate the enabler, pedalo, friend, host? I was staying with? If I have a fault, I'm just too honourable.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
My daughter about 10 years ago was going out with an officer in the army stationed in N Ireland. She went with him to some fancy dinner at the barracks that Prince Edward was attending. He went round chatting and after noting she was English said - 'ah so you are not one of THEM'. She didn't really know what to say to that.

Blackbird

But unless it’s Anne’s child then it’s not gossip is it?
Wrong thread, hun - this is, "have you met a member of the royal family" - not gossip about them.

Although, Felicity is not really Royal though, anyway ... more Royal by association.

Calabria

VIP Member
My brother played cricket with William and Harry on several occasions so I met them a number of times, as well as Prince Charles on a couple of occasions. I’ve also met the Duchess of York and Bea and Eugenie a lot as they were friends of the family when I was growing up.

Al26

I met Prince Charles when I was about 10yrs old, he was very polite and friendly and commented on a picture I'd drawn

BeckyTheMaid

Not me, but my aunt used to teach Wills and Harry piano when they were at Ludgrove, and also Beatrice and Eugenie.

Blackbird

Her dad remarried and had a child

no hidden love child!
Respectfully, you are wrong. I am not referring to the child resulting from the remarriage (whose name is Stephanie).

Oh ok. Gotcha. The way it was phrased was more salacious than it needed it be! 😂
It is more salacious - her name is Felicity - it's NOT the one that resulted from the remarriage.

Last edited:

DozyCowSleepySheepy

My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. 😄 If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.
Tell me! Tell me! I just want to know if my guess is right! 😂