Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

i used to work for them,so yes!!
Oh wow!!! That’s amazing 🙌🏻

A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5’4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds 😂); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected 😂) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).
Oh my goodness!! Incredible! I can’t believe Prince Phillip is so small!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
I "met" Princess Anne a few years back at the Skills Show at the NEC in Birmingham. Had no idea she was going there and was on a school trip. Me and my friend were busy looking at this stall and then I turn around and there she is, 5 feet away from me! Of course me being me shouts "OMG its Princess Anne!!" And everyone turns around and surrounds her! She had security with her but she gave me the dirtiest look ever, never felt more guilty in my life :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
Maybe I’m mistaken, I’m 5’8 and he was shorter than me... but this was only a few years ago and it may be that he’s hunched up with age?! I just remember being surprised he wasn’t taller!
Yeh, I guess he could have easily lost a few inches with age. He's probably also used to hunching down on command. :ROFLMAO:

Corky

Yeah,andrew seems like a right oul bell end. Looking forward to hearing the shite spill outta his snooty mouth during the upcoming interview.

Reactions: 2

Impleo

VIP Member
Oh gosh Andrew is my least favourite royal.... dreadful man! He’s doing an interview about Epstein at the weekend... keep an eye out for it

Yes! I think it's on at 9pm on Saturday.

I've honestly been saying this way before the Epstein scandal. There is a sense of entitlement about him (and his daughters) that makes him very unappealing. Halloween one year, walking through the centre of town with my daughter and he had all of the rush hour traffic blocked to get to wherever he was going. I felt bad for everyone trying to get home. I checked and it was a private event, if it was official business it's maybe slightly more acceptable.

LauLee

I met the Queen and Megan Markle during their first joint engagement in Chester, they both stopped to speak with our group.

The Queen was lovely, she is so small in real life. I remember so vividly how great she looked for a lady over 90 years of age, her skin regime clearly works wonders as her complextion was glowing. She has a great sense of humour too and took the time to speak with everyone.

Megan is very beautiful, taller than I expected too. She said hello, shook hands and had a brief chat about our group. She is very softly spoken and has a very gentle manner. I thought she was lovely.

Then theres the huge encourage! Which was another experience in itself!

I could tell you all so much more but I'd need a good hour at least!

Then when both the Queen and Megan had left we done interviews with the press/radio which just added another layer of craziness!!

Horatio

VIP Member
Used to see RF quite bit at posh events for work.
Royal Protection officer said Andrew "was a rude, ignorant, arrogant, bad-the,Peres bastard'.
Maragaret was annoyed when I had to ask her something about how she wanted her food, me being a peasant, so after that I was very familiar just to piss her off.
At least I was earning my own money.

Another time, Charles hid spirits from his staff at their Xmas party, and was annoyed when he wanted whisky that it would take 30 seconds to retrieve.
One of his flunkies wanted a time scale from me of how long it would take.
Which I did in a very sarcastic way.

Charles also got out of a charity do by claiming illness, then was later photographed at a polo do.

Also, I can see why Armstrong-Jones got a lot of action, very charismatic with a sexy smile.
Wow love all these stories, much juicer and more detailed than the average.
More if you have them, please.
I loved your line about “at least I’m earning my own money.” Damn right ! I love the royals but as a bit of fun and in full awareness of how ludicrous and unfair the whole thing truly is...

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5’4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds 😂); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected 😂) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).
Prince Philip is easily 5’10, and was 6’ as a younger man. Now he’s rather stooped. I met him and The Queen at Ascot several times. I’m 5’4 and he was easily 6” taller than me. The Queen is tiny though.

Mustard

VIP Member
Yes, I've met Princess Anne. She came to my place of work and I shook her hand. I have a picture of me with her that someone took. She was very pleasant.

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
My partner has met princess anne and said he wasn’t impressed (he says he gave her the finger from behind a bush)
I saw Prince Charles across the road from me in town
He’s really tall but was walks like he’s been cut in half
He also looked bored shitless

• Haha

pinkrobot

VIP Member
My mother met Princess Margaret and Lord Snowden (in the 60s). Margaret was aloof and ahem very princessy 😆 but Lord Snowden was utterly charming and just absolutely lovely to everyone whatever their job/rank.
A musician friend of mine met Princess Diana in the mid 90s and was utterly dazzled by her. This friend prior to that was totally cynical and unimpressed by royals but said Diana just had an incredible presence, was simply stunning and completely genuine and interested in all the people she met.
I saw Princess Beatrice at the tennis a few years back and she was absolutely tiny and very pretty in the flesh. Genuinely the camera doesn’t do her justice. She was with dodgy Dave who was loving the attention whereas she was trying to keep a low profile.

Riggs

This just had to be a topic, surely everyone in the UK knows the Queen (common USA stereotype of course). :LOL:

newtoyou

VIP Member
Didn’t speak to, but last summer we were at a wildlife/bird sanctuary and who should we come across in the gift shop? Catherine, George and Charlotte. Tbh they were all acting like any other person there and I didn’t even realise who they were until it was pointed out to me. I almost collided with George as he very enthusiastically ran past clutching some junky gift shop toy, begging to have it! Heard them all talking as they sorted out ice creams at the freezer, and was all so wonderfully normal.
Did he get the toy, that's the real question!

Sandra_1984

At the Suffolk show I met princess Ann and she was a delight. She took time to speak with me and was just a gorgeous, understated person. She could have left earlier than she did, but she wanted to spend time learning about things and speaking with people. Honestly, such a delight.

Prince Harry at the Norfolk show and most recently in Australia. At the Norfolk show I offered him a Mr Kipling French fancy cake. He declined. He was shy and giggly but friendly. Most recently here in oz, he seemed so much more aloof and confident (maybe arrogant?). Megan was really down to earth and lovely. And absolutely tiny.

OMG would love to meet Camila for a drinkie poo! Bet she's amazing!