Have you got any holidays planned for this year?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We went to Venice in May 2016 and absolutely loved it. It gets really busy in the height of summer so i’d definitely go outside of those dates.
I went to Venice in August this past summer, it wasn’t a great day weather wise and still, it was HEAVING! I can’t explain how busy it was. The city itself was beautiful although we only visited for a day and that was for us more than enough.

Reactions: 1
Venice is incredible, like a film set but yes, stupidly busy. And don't eat/drink about St Mark's Square unless you fancy paying megabucks.

We have a few things booked. Ibiza with the kids in late May, Seville just us 2 in July and Amsterdam, again just us 2, in October. We have a few festivals booked in and I'm hoping a couple of UK weekend breaks too. I cannot wait for Spring/Summer.

Reactions: 2
Wanting to book for May! Recommendations for a holiday with an 11month old?

Love holiday chat!!!

We got a puppy last year so didn't go anywhere, this year we're going to Florida for two weeks! I'm so excited, not been to America before, although we are not doing the Disney parks, just Universal/Sea World and exploring. Worried about leaving pup but our dog walker house sits so he'll have a familiar face in his own home

Also going to Amsterdam for Halloween with our friends :D Just two nights
Love Amsterdam!! It’s not sleezy druggy like everyone makes out. Will they have Halloweeny stuff on?

Last edited:
Wow, loads of responses here. Glad i’m Not the only holiday lover😄 Going to read through them all properly now with a cuppa.

Aww love this!!! We haven’t been on holiday for 5 years but we are thinking of going on our first holiday with the kids now they are a little older.

We are thinking Amsterdam. I’ve been before before kids but it’s such an incredible city and not a long flight. Lovely and warm in the summer. Thinking of air bnb

Last edited:
Sigh, I used to live in Australia so my life was a holiday for a good few years! Miss it so much.

• Heart
Sigh, I used to live in Australia so my life was a holiday for a good few years! Miss it so much.
Where abouts did you live? I have family in Townsville, Queensland and when we visited I fell in love with the life style, we visited Whitsunday Islands too and it was amazing! I couldn't believe about 5 minutes from their house was an outdoor swimming pool to use for free and it was in immaculate condition looking over a river. Ugh I need to go back!

I went to Venice in August this past summer, it wasn’t a great day weather wise and still, it was HEAVING! I can’t explain how busy it was. The city itself was beautiful although we only visited for a day and that was for us more than enough.
We went on a day trip to Venice when we were on holiday in Porec, Croatia. It was start of October a few years ago and it was heaving then, I can't imagine what it must be like in August.

It was a lovely place and I'm glad I've been but I wouldn't go back. I didn't really enjoy it because of the crowds, beggers and people selling tatt on every bridge and corner.
I kept saying it's nice but it's a shame that it's been ruined by tourists (fully self aware that I was there as a tourist!)

Where abouts did you live? I have family in Townsville, Queensland and when we visited I fell in love with the life style, we visited Whitsunday Islands too and it was amazing! I couldn't believe about 5 minutes from their house was an outdoor swimming pool to use for free and it was in immaculate condition looking over a river. Ugh I need to go back!
Oh wow so lucky, I've been to Townsville! I was mainly living in Coogee, Sydney but did a stint on a farm in Western Australia and spent a year in Melbourne too!
Whitsundays is unreal isnt it, also Magnetic Island just off Townsville was so much fun.
If I had the oppotunuity for my partner, me and my child to relocate there i'd do it in a heartbeat!

Getting lots of ideas on here. We will have normally booked all our holidays for the year by March time, but for one reason and another haven’t got very far this year.

We tend to do a mixture of city breaks in Europe and sun/ beach type holidays. Currently narrowing down city break for March to krakow, Prague and Amsterdam. Been to all of these before, but would happily go back again.

Strangely, we know where we’re going for holidays in 2021, as we have special birthdays/ anniversary then.

We’re currently in Dominican Republic for 11 days🌞
We have a few breaks booked in England with our dog and my family- we’re off to pagham for a weekend in March, and to Cornwall (st ives) for a week in May.
We’d like to go to Kraków this year and visit the concentration camps (morbid I know!!)
We’d also like to book a holiday for our 1st wedding anniversary in June but no idea where to go! We’re also going to Glastonbury in June💃🏽
And I’m off on a hen do to Prague in April.
We live for holidays - putting off kids until we’ve ticked some off our bucket list!

We went on a day trip to Venice when we were on holiday in Porec, Croatia. It was start of October a few years ago and it was heaving then, I can't imagine what it must be like in August.

It was a lovely place and I'm glad I've been but I wouldn't go back. I didn't really enjoy it because of the crowds, beggers and people selling tatt on every bridge and corner.
I kept saying it's nice but it's a shame that it's been ruined by tourists (fully self aware that I was there as a tourist!)
Snap! i also did it as a day trip from Croatia 😂

This sounds like a good idea actually. How did you book that?
We booked a ferry crossing from Trieste over to Venice, it was crazy cheap and was just under two hours on a catamaran. We left early in the morning (8ish) and then had the day in Venice and left at around 4pm back to Trieste. It was really easy and cheap and I promise you it was enough time to see Venice. I loved visiting the place but I don’t see how people could make a weekend trip out of it.

Also looking at Amsterdam for July, we will probably do 3 nights and go on the Eurostar and Air bnb it as close to the centre as possible. We are looking at the Canaries for June, probably Lanzarote, I am craving sunshine and finally get to take advantage of off peak prices as youngest finishes her GCSE's. Always do an annual Vegas trip before Christmas.

We are heading to NYC next week to look at a few properties and whilst we’re there we’re going to head up to Canada go visit some of my family then go across to California to see some of my husbands family.

We’ve then got Bali planned in June and we want to book Somewhere for skiing later in the year.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
We are planning a holiday in October, we normally go in September but my son is starting school this year so now need to fit around that! Would anyone be able to recommend a good warm location in October? We have done Egypt & turkey so would like to look at other places that I might not have thought of?

This sounds like a good idea actually. How did you book that?
We used this company and just booked it when we got there.

I agree with the person above, a day was plenty of time there.
It can be a bit of a rough boat ride though, it was very choppy on the way back. People were throwing up all over the place!

Loved staying in Porec, we also did a day trip to Lake Bled which was absolutely stunning and I enjoyed that much more than Venice.

We are planning a holiday in October, we normally go in September but my son is starting school this year so now need to fit around that! Would anyone be able to recommend a good warm location in October? We have done Egypt & turkey so would like to look at other places that I might not have thought of?
If you didn't want to go too far, the Canary islands are usually still warm in October, and only 4 hours on the plane! There is also Cyprus, Greece (Kos is so nice)