Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KateESJ

VIP Member
No, can’t afford anything.

We did have a week booked in a cheap caravan in Dorset in March but since my husband and I are divorcing we cancelled. I’m hoping if I get a better job soon I can save and at least take my kids to somewhere fun for a weekend. They deserve it.

Reactions: 7

Gellymaccy

Going to Thailand in June for our honeymoon - first time flying first class and first time to Thailand too ! Can’t wait

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Web30

VIP Member
Spain in the summer. We did have Egypt booked but the thought of 5 and a half hours flight with our LO and as few other reasons made us change.

Reactions: 3

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
NYC next week, Suffolk for Easter, currently unbooked break in July but likely Spain, Canaries in Sep and somewhere hot for Christmas 👍🏻

We’re currently in Dominican Republic for 11 days🌞
We have a few breaks booked in England with our dog and my family- we’re off to pagham for a weekend in March, and to Cornwall (st ives) for a week in May.
We’d like to go to Kraków this year and visit the concentration camps (morbid I know!!)
We’d also like to book a holiday for our 1st wedding anniversary in June but no idea where to go! We’re also going to Glastonbury in June💃🏽
And I’m off on a hen do to Prague in April.
We live for holidays - putting off kids until we’ve ticked some off our bucket list!
I felt honoured to have visited Auschwitz a few years ago and it somewhere that stays with you forever but is slowly being forgotten by many and that’s sad. It’s a powerful place, eerie and quiet. Didn’t hear any birds. Monday was 75 years since it’s liberation and not one of myconnections on FB & Insta acknowledged it 😓 Saw plenty of shit memes and posts about shit island though 🙄

Tree_

VIP Member
Off to a haven in May as a group of 23 kids and adults. Go every year on a caravan holiday and have a fab time. Then off to Minorca in June for a week just the 4 of us. Hoping to go away in my parents caravan in July and maybe on a cottage holiday with my partners family

Fin

Chatty Member
Just back from a month long jolly and swore I'm never flying long haul again. I give it until the weekend before I start looking at far flung destinations, all my airport moaning forgotten.

Greed-Futures

American here! 🙋‍♀️

Planning on hopefully going camping in Utah in September (with a 7 month old... might be ambitious). And I'm planning a Colorado ski trip for my family, parents, and sibling for Christmas -- even though I don't ski.

Nothing too fancy, but should be fun. My husband and I haven't really taken a "holiday" style vacation in years.

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
We are heading to NYC next week to look at a few properties and whilst we’re there we’re going to head up to Canada go visit some of my family then go across to California to see some of my husbands family.

We’ve then got Bali planned in June and we want to book Somewhere for skiing later in the year.

• Wow

101d

VIP Member
Love holiday chat!!!

We got a puppy last year so didn't go anywhere, this year we're going to Florida for two weeks! I'm so excited, not been to America before, although we are not doing the Disney parks, just Universal/Sea World and exploring. Worried about leaving pup but our dog walker house sits so he'll have a familiar face in his own home

Also going to Amsterdam for Halloween with our friends :D Just two nights

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
LA, San Francisco and Vegas in a few months and hopefully a city break in June. I’m always on the hunt for cheap deals and I’ve that long haul is often cheaper than a week all inc in somewhere like the canaries

urghwhy

I am going to Tenerife in 2 weeks for 4 nights. I start a new job soon after and would love a mental break. Supposed to be hot but not too hot, and isn't as expensive, either. Booked it all through Easyjet as half-board for 500pp

Reactions: 2

Lyds26

American here! 🙋‍♀️

Planning on hopefully going camping in Utah in September (with a 7 month old... might be ambitious). And I'm planning a Colorado ski trip for my family, parents, and sibling for Christmas -- even though I don't ski.

Nothing too fancy, but should be fun. My husband and I haven't really taken a "holiday" style vacation in years.
Brit here, always get so jealous of you guys skiing in Colorado, it looks so picture perfect!

Geranium

VIP Member
I have been to Venice three times and each time it seemed busier. However I disagree you can see it a day trip. You can see the main tourist bits but to really see Venice you need to get away from the hotspots and explore the back streets especially at night when it empties out And is gloriously atmospheric and peaceful. Also the islands are beautiful and you could easily spend a whole day on my favourite Burrano which is so beautiful. My only issue with Venice is we struggled to find decent food - except for breakfast and lunch where we ate at the little places the locals go to. The last time we left, as we headed up the grand canal I felt really emotional as we will probably never go back - Venice is just unique there is nowhere quite like it

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
We are doing a city. break to Vienna for a week and then going to do a last minute thing in the summer for a couple of weeks, hopefully to Thailand. Though I really want to travel around Norway and Sweden too

Lyds26

I've literally just booked for Budapest and i'm hoping for a little uk getaway towards the back end of the year (Newcastle because i love it there!) and maybe an xmas market abroad in dec.… but if anyone has any recommendatiions for Budapest i'm all ears! :)

Also, wanting to look into getting married in Vegas in a few years so any suggestions for things to do/see/where to stay will be GREATLY welcomed. I've found a photog and a few hotels I like but that's all so far haha!
I was in Budapest this summer, I stumbled upon an amazing food truck market, the link is below...

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Venice is incredible, like a film set but yes, stupidly busy. And don't eat/drink about St Mark's Square unless you fancy paying megabucks.

We have a few things booked. Ibiza with the kids in late May, Seville just us 2 in July and Amsterdam, again just us 2, in October. We have a few festivals booked in and I'm hoping a couple of UK weekend breaks too. I cannot wait for Spring/Summer.