Have you got any holidays planned for this year?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been to Venice three times and each time it seemed busier. However I disagree you can see it a day trip. You can see the main tourist bits but to really see Venice you need to get away from the hotspots and explore the back streets especially at night when it empties out And is gloriously atmospheric and peaceful. Also the islands are beautiful and you could easily spend a whole day on my favourite Burrano which is so beautiful. My only issue with Venice is we struggled to find decent food - except for breakfast and lunch where we ate at the little places the locals go to. The last time we left, as we headed up the grand canal I felt really emotional as we will probably never go back - Venice is just unique there is nowhere quite like it

Reactions: 2
We used this company and just booked it when we got there.

I agree with the person above, a day was plenty of time there.
It can be a bit of a rough boat ride though, it was very choppy on the way back. People were throwing up all over the place!

Loved staying in Porec, we also did a day trip to Lake Bled which was absolutely stunning and I enjoyed that much more than Venice.
Ditto to all you said, when we got on the catamaran and there were seatbelts I was concerned and was popping mints the entire way to try and take the edge off that sick feeling.
Also we spent a week in Slovenia and we went to Lake Bled and the Julian Alps which were both fat nicer than Venice. I found Slovenia in general a beautiful country and would love to go back.

Reactions: 1
NYC next week, Suffolk for Easter, currently unbooked break in July but likely Spain, Canaries in Sep and somewhere hot for Christmas 👍🏻

We’re currently in Dominican Republic for 11 days🌞
We have a few breaks booked in England with our dog and my family- we’re off to pagham for a weekend in March, and to Cornwall (st ives) for a week in May.
We’d like to go to Kraków this year and visit the concentration camps (morbid I know!!)
We’d also like to book a holiday for our 1st wedding anniversary in June but no idea where to go! We’re also going to Glastonbury in June💃🏽
And I’m off on a hen do to Prague in April.
We live for holidays - putting off kids until we’ve ticked some off our bucket list!
I felt honoured to have visited Auschwitz a few years ago and it somewhere that stays with you forever but is slowly being forgotten by many and that’s sad. It’s a powerful place, eerie and quiet. Didn’t hear any birds. Monday was 75 years since it’s liberation and not one of myconnections on FB & Insta acknowledged it 😓 Saw plenty of tit memes and posts about tit island though 🙄

Reactions: 3
I've literally just booked for Budapest and i'm hoping for a little uk getaway towards the back end of the year (Newcastle because i love it there!) and maybe an xmas market abroad in dec.… but if anyone has any recommendatiions for Budapest i'm all ears! :)

Also, wanting to look into getting married in Vegas in a few years so any suggestions for things to do/see/where to stay will be GREATLY welcomed. I've found a photog and a few hotels I like but that's all so far haha!

Have only booked a weekend in Edinburgh next month so far, but would love to go to Canada in September - Vancouver and the Rockies. Too nervous to drive it myself so looking at bus tours going there. Would also love a couple days in Disneyland Paris at Christmas time! And some weekends in England during the summer, Cornwall etc.

I've literally just booked for Budapest and i'm hoping for a little uk getaway towards the back end of the year (Newcastle because i love it there!) and maybe an xmas market abroad in dec.… but if anyone has any recommendatiions for Budapest i'm all ears! :)

Also, wanting to look into getting married in Vegas in a few years so any suggestions for things to do/see/where to stay will be GREATLY welcomed. I've found a photog and a few hotels I like but that's all so far haha!
I was in Budapest this summer, I stumbled upon an amazing food truck market, the link is below...

• Heart

For Budapest, go to Szimpla Kert for evening drinks and a walk around, one of the best bars I’ve visited! Also go to the thermal spas, we found Szechenyi the best as it’s the biggest so loads of different pools at different tempratures and nice for a relax! We also did a river cruise at sunset which was lovely as you saw the Parliament building lit up and the bats flying above it when it gets dark. we also found the area around Szabadság square great for bars and restaurants. I love Budapest sooo much, I think I’ll have to suggest to my partner that we go back for my birthday city break😂

• Haha
Booked the canaries for April. Saving hard for it , working extra hours , normally go away in the 6 weeks but I can't cope with the heat . Can't wait . Didn't go abroad last year ..we went to north Wales and as lovely as it is ...in typical Welsh weather it pissed down every day. Still had an absolute blast though . Looking forward to not having to do anything for a week...

Canary Islands in Feb half term and Filey in August.
The kids are completely indifferent to the Canary Island holiday and are watching Filey videos on YT.
Can't work that one out!
They have already said they would rather do Center Parcs next year, because the airport is boring and they like the bike rides and big pools better. Fair enough! 🤷‍♀️

I had my hen do in Budapest and it was amazing!

as people have recommended- caravan street food is amazing. Szimpla Kert is cool, and thermal bath spa place is lovely! We didn’t do much touristy stuff but the castle is meant to be good! There’s also a lot of nice rooftop bars!

American here! 🙋‍♀️

Planning on hopefully going camping in Utah in September (with a 7 month old... might be ambitious). And I'm planning a Colorado ski trip for my family, parents, and sibling for Christmas -- even though I don't ski.

Nothing too fancy, but should be fun. My husband and I haven't really taken a "holiday" style vacation in years.

Reactions: 3
American here! 🙋‍♀️

Planning on hopefully going camping in Utah in September (with a 7 month old... might be ambitious). And I'm planning a Colorado ski trip for my family, parents, and sibling for Christmas -- even though I don't ski.

Nothing too fancy, but should be fun. My husband and I haven't really taken a "holiday" style vacation in years.
Brit here, always get so jealous of you guys skiing in Colorado, it looks so picture perfect!

Brit here, always get so jealous of you guys skiing in Colorado, it looks so picture perfect!
I'm about to be jealous of my family all skiing without me! Haha! In addition to a baby to look after I have a bad back and can't participate in high impact sports. At least I'll get to take in the mountain town and all the great sights. Also, my husband and I hiked the ski trail 2 summers ago, so I've seen the area they'll get to ski, just in a different season. I love seeing influencers post photos from their Swiss ski trips, always look so picturesque.

• Heart
Since having my eldest (almost 8) we've only done 1 abroad holiday. We went to Michigan in 2018 for our honeymoon, with 2 kids and it was amazing. Took a 10 hour road trip up to Iron Mountain and loved every minute. This year my husband and I are doing a weekend in amsterdam in march (I've never been) then cornwall for 5 days in September for my sons birthday and then I'm doing a 2 night cruise to Bruges with my mum in November. So unusual for me to go away so much 😂 last year we went to Bluestone in Wales with the kids and extended family.

Venice is incredible, like a film set but yes, stupidly busy. And don't eat/drink about St Mark's Square unless you fancy paying megabucks.

We have a few things booked. Ibiza with the kids in late May, Seville just us 2 in July and Amsterdam, again just us 2, in October. We have a few festivals booked in and I'm hoping a couple of UK weekend breaks too. I cannot wait for Spring/Summer.
Seville is incredible. Very hot July and August! It's beautiful

I've been to Venice but I was with my parents as a stroppy teenager so didn't really appreciate how amazing it was. My friend was there a few years ago and bought (and had shipped back to the UK) a huge Murano glass leaping salmon thing which was her pride and joy. It was hideous. Sorry E if you read this 😳

• Haha
We did a biggy for my 50th last year and holidayed in Thailand. . BEAUTIFUL place 👌🏼
This year we've decided on a few short breaks.
5 days in Morocco in March.
5 days in Croatia in May.
5 days in Marbella in September.
All flights booked separately either with BA or Easyjet and accommodation booked with air b and b ( never had a bad 1 yet )
Note, kids are off hand now . . Just 1 of them (19 yr old) joining us in September 👍🏼

I am going to Tenerife in 2 weeks for 4 nights. I start a new job soon after and would love a mental break. Supposed to be hot but not too hot, and isn't as expensive, either. Booked it all through Easyjet as half-board for 500pp

Just come back from Lithuania got Barcelona booked for March Dublin booked for August and currently looking at a couple more city breaks