Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss polar

VIP Member
Just looking at booking a week somewhere warm early May, maybe the Canaries with my husband. Also looking to book a cheap city break in Europe for Feb/March with friends.
Where is everyone going on holidays this year? I need some inspiration.

Reactions: 1

Lyds26

We used this company and just booked it when we got there.

I agree with the person above, a day was plenty of time there.
It can be a bit of a rough boat ride though, it was very choppy on the way back. People were throwing up all over the place!

Loved staying in Porec, we also did a day trip to Lake Bled which was absolutely stunning and I enjoyed that much more than Venice.
Ditto to all you said, when we got on the catamaran and there were seatbelts I was concerned and was popping mints the entire way to try and take the edge off that sick feeling.
Also we spent a week in Slovenia and we went to Lake Bled and the Julian Alps which were both fat nicer than Venice. I found Slovenia in general a beautiful country and would love to go back.

elloelloello

VIP Member
Going to my siblings wedding abroad to Greece for 10 days, will try and squeeze in a cheap city break towards autumn.

I love Italy, obsessed with the food, would love to go to Florence or Amalfi Coast!

Will probably end up in Budapest though!

petra23

I am going to London in May for my birthday and New York in November. I'm so excited, I have never been to the USA and have saved like mad for this holiday!

MISSMURDER

i just got back from amsterdam for my birthday, im going to crete in june on a family holiday then hopefully be and the bf are going to book somewhere in germany for christmas

Lyds26

We went on a day trip to Venice when we were on holiday in Porec, Croatia. It was start of October a few years ago and it was heaving then, I can't imagine what it must be like in August.

It was a lovely place and I'm glad I've been but I wouldn't go back. I didn't really enjoy it because of the crowds, beggers and people selling tatt on every bridge and corner.
I kept saying it's nice but it's a shame that it's been ruined by tourists (fully self aware that I was there as a tourist!)
Snap! i also did it as a day trip from Croatia 😂

Skyeball

Chatty Member
Canary Islands in Feb half term and Filey in August.
The kids are completely indifferent to the Canary Island holiday and are watching Filey videos on YT.
Can't work that one out!
They have already said they would rather do Center Parcs next year, because the airport is boring and they like the bike rides and big pools better. Fair enough! 🤷‍♀️

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
This sounds like a good idea actually. How did you book that?
We used this company and just booked it when we got there.

I agree with the person above, a day was plenty of time there.
It can be a bit of a rough boat ride though, it was very choppy on the way back. People were throwing up all over the place!

Loved staying in Porec, we also did a day trip to Lake Bled which was absolutely stunning and I enjoyed that much more than Venice.

Miss polar

VIP Member
We’re currently in Dominican Republic for 11 days🌞
We have a few breaks booked in England with our dog and my family- we’re off to pagham for a weekend in March, and to Cornwall (st ives) for a week in May.
We’d like to go to Kraków this year and visit the concentration camps (morbid I know!!)
We’d also like to book a holiday for our 1st wedding anniversary in June but no idea where to go! We’re also going to Glastonbury in June💃🏽
And I’m off on a hen do to Prague in April.
We live for holidays - putting off kids until we’ve ticked some off our bucket list!
Sounds fab.!!We have come full circle now. , and are able to holiday whenever we like, as no kids at school. We did the years of school holiday, and can now holiday whenever we like. Bloody love it😀

Juliet

Chatty Member
We are doing our annual Ibiza trip with the kids in summer. We all love it. Short flight great weather and a beautiful island! I’d like to get a city break booked somewhere too.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I've literally just booked for Budapest and i'm hoping for a little uk getaway towards the back end of the year (Newcastle because i love it there!) and maybe an xmas market abroad in dec.… but if anyone has any recommendatiions for Budapest i'm all ears! :)

Also, wanting to look into getting married in Vegas in a few years so any suggestions for things to do/see/where to stay will be GREATLY welcomed. I've found a photog and a few hotels I like but that's all so far haha!
I had my hen do in Budapest and it was amazing!

as people have recommended- caravan street food is amazing. Szimpla Kert is cool, and thermal bath spa place is lovely! We didn’t do much touristy stuff but the castle is meant to be good! There’s also a lot of nice rooftop bars!

mimic93

I've literally just booked for Budapest and i'm hoping for a little uk getaway towards the back end of the year (Newcastle because i love it there!) and maybe an xmas market abroad in dec.… but if anyone has any recommendatiions for Budapest i'm all ears! :)

Also, wanting to look into getting married in Vegas in a few years so any suggestions for things to do/see/where to stay will be GREATLY welcomed. I've found a photog and a few hotels I like but that's all so far haha!

Miss polar

VIP Member
I am going to Tenerife in 2 weeks for 4 nights. I start a new job soon after and would love a mental break. Supposed to be hot but not too hot, and isn't as expensive, either. Booked it all through Easyjet as half-board for 500pp
We went mid February last year. Had mainly lovely weather during the day, but a bit chilly at night. Love Tenerife.

Haven't planned anything yet, but I like travelling by train a lot. Hoping to go to Germany, Aystruz and Holland by train from the UK, have taken the Amtrak from Seattle down to San Diego. There is a woman on Instagram called MominZurich who travels a lot in Europe by train. She raved about Budapest.
Ooh, i’ll Check her out.. love train travel. Normally do a Christmas market European train trip every nov/dec.

Kezza_69

VIP Member
We did a biggy for my 50th last year and holidayed in Thailand. . BEAUTIFUL place 👌🏼
This year we've decided on a few short breaks.
5 days in Morocco in March.
5 days in Croatia in May.
5 days in Marbella in September.
All flights booked separately either with BA or Easyjet and accommodation booked with air b and b ( never had a bad 1 yet )
Note, kids are off hand now . . Just 1 of them (19 yr old) joining us in September 👍🏼