Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brocoligal

Wanting to book for May! Recommendations for a holiday with an 11month old?

Love holiday chat!!!

We got a puppy last year so didn't go anywhere, this year we're going to Florida for two weeks! I'm so excited, not been to America before, although we are not doing the Disney parks, just Universal/Sea World and exploring. Worried about leaving pup but our dog walker house sits so he'll have a familiar face in his own home

Also going to Amsterdam for Halloween with our friends :D Just two nights
Love Amsterdam!! It’s not sleezy druggy like everyone makes out. Will they have Halloweeny stuff on?

Last edited:

Impleo

VIP Member
Also looking at Amsterdam for July, we will probably do 3 nights and go on the Eurostar and Air bnb it as close to the centre as possible. We are looking at the Canaries for June, probably Lanzarote, I am craving sunshine and finally get to take advantage of off peak prices as youngest finishes her GCSE's. Always do an annual Vegas trip before Christmas.

LLJ

Aww love this!!! We haven’t been on holiday for 5 years but we are thinking of going on our first holiday with the kids now they are a little older.

We are thinking Amsterdam. I’ve been before before kids but it’s such an incredible city and not a long flight. Lovely and warm in the summer. Thinking of air bnb
I think I fancy Venice this year but my boyfriend isn't keen. Has anyone been?
I went to Barcelona and Amsterdam last year and they were my favourite holidays.

Mustard

VIP Member
Haven't planned anything yet, but I like travelling by train a lot. Hoping to go to Germany, Aystruz and Holland by train from the UK, have taken the Amtrak from Seattle down to San Diego. There is a woman on Instagram called MominZurich who travels a lot in Europe by train. She raved about Budapest.
Austria, not Aystruz!

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
We are planning a holiday in October, we normally go in September but my son is starting school this year so now need to fit around that! Would anyone be able to recommend a good warm location in October? We have done Egypt & turkey so would like to look at other places that I might not have thought of?

Mum Of One

I think I fancy Venice this year but my boyfriend isn't keen. Has anyone been?
I went to Barcelona and Amsterdam last year and they were my favourite holidays.
We went to Venice in May 2016 and absolutely loved it. It gets really busy in the height of summer so i’d definitely go outside of those dates.

Miss polar

VIP Member
Well this thread has given me lots of inspiration. I have now swapped around my plans, and OH and I have decided to get some winter sun. We’re looking at flights and Airbnb to lanzarote or Tenerife, or an AI in Cape Verde in March (has anyone been)
City break with friend sorted, we are going to Warsaw for three nights in April.
Loads of cheap accommodation on Booking.com for warsaw. It will be my third visit.

My daughter and I will also be going away June/ July to Spain, or Greece for a week. I’ve got a trip to Dublin to see family, and a music festival in Wales in August. I’m sure I can squeeze a couple more in. 😂Love reading all of your holiday plans😀

I went to Venice in August this past summer, it wasn’t a great day weather wise and still, it was HEAVING! I can’t explain how busy it was. The city itself was beautiful although we only visited for a day and that was for us more than enough.
I’m glad I saw it, but wouldn’t be in a hurry to return..

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I really want to go to Disneyland Paris this year :) I went last year and loved it. I also really really want to try and go to Japan! maybe not this year but it's on my bucket list <3

Miss polar

VIP Member
Wow, loads of responses here. Glad i’m Not the only holiday lover😄 Going to read through them all properly now with a cuppa.

Aww love this!!! We haven’t been on holiday for 5 years but we are thinking of going on our first holiday with the kids now they are a little older.

We are thinking Amsterdam. I’ve been before before kids but it’s such an incredible city and not a long flight. Lovely and warm in the summer. Thinking of air bnb

Last edited:

Marie95

I'm going to New Mexico to visit my fiance as he works there (not exactly an ideal destination) but I am also going to be booking our honeymoon for end September so just marking my place really so I can see what other people suggest!

Marie95

Sigh, I used to live in Australia so my life was a holiday for a good few years! Miss it so much.
Where abouts did you live? I have family in Townsville, Queensland and when we visited I fell in love with the life style, we visited Whitsunday Islands too and it was amazing! I couldn't believe about 5 minutes from their house was an outdoor swimming pool to use for free and it was in immaculate condition looking over a river. Ugh I need to go back!

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Booked the canaries for April. Saving hard for it , working extra hours , normally go away in the 6 weeks but I can't cope with the heat . Can't wait . Didn't go abroad last year ..we went to north Wales and as lovely as it is ...in typical Welsh weather it pissed down every day. Still had an absolute blast though . Looking forward to not having to do anything for a week...

Justhavingalook403

My partner booked us a trip to Italy as a Christmas present, we go in April just the two of us more excited to have some uninterrupted sleep.

Family holiday to Florida in October cannot wait to see my little girls face at wdw

Aw2231

Just come back from Lithuania got Barcelona booked for March Dublin booked for August and currently looking at a couple more city breaks

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Venice is fab - I couldn’t believe my eyes! We went after our wedding last year as a mini moon. Stayed on the lido though which gave a nice balance and some time away from the crowds. We went end of May/ early June. I think we were lucky as only on the last day was it crazy busy when we’d already done the main sights. I think you need to time it with when there are no cruise ships docking as that really dumps a ton of extra people there. I loved it.

We are going to Finland next month.
Ireland for a group couples weekend in April
Dubrovnik for a few nights end of April
Honeymoon (finally!) to Hong Kong, Fiji and LA in May - bit concerned about the HK leg with this coronavirus stuff though.
Probably Spain / Portugal in summer with friends and my husbands children
I really want to go somewhere like the Caribbean or Maldives in autumn after turning 30
Vegas in November possibly
Might take my Mum to Budapest for Christmas markets - husband and i went a couple of years ago but I think she’d really like it.

elloelloello

VIP Member
Where abouts did you live? I have family in Townsville, Queensland and when we visited I fell in love with the life style, we visited Whitsunday Islands too and it was amazing! I couldn't believe about 5 minutes from their house was an outdoor swimming pool to use for free and it was in immaculate condition looking over a river. Ugh I need to go back!
Oh wow so lucky, I've been to Townsville! I was mainly living in Coogee, Sydney but did a stint on a farm in Western Australia and spent a year in Melbourne too!
Whitsundays is unreal isnt it, also Magnetic Island just off Townsville was so much fun.
If I had the oppotunuity for my partner, me and my child to relocate there i'd do it in a heartbeat!

Miss polar

VIP Member
Getting lots of ideas on here. We will have normally booked all our holidays for the year by March time, but for one reason and another haven’t got very far this year.

We tend to do a mixture of city breaks in Europe and sun/ beach type holidays. Currently narrowing down city break for March to krakow, Prague and Amsterdam. Been to all of these before, but would happily go back again.

Strangely, we know where we’re going for holidays in 2021, as we have special birthdays/ anniversary then.

Devondoll

Chatty Member
Since having my eldest (almost 8) we've only done 1 abroad holiday. We went to Michigan in 2018 for our honeymoon, with 2 kids and it was amazing. Took a 10 hour road trip up to Iron Mountain and loved every minute. This year my husband and I are doing a weekend in amsterdam in march (I've never been) then cornwall for 5 days in September for my sons birthday and then I'm doing a 2 night cruise to Bruges with my mum in November. So unusual for me to go away so much 😂 last year we went to Bluestone in Wales with the kids and extended family.