Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
I've literally just booked for Budapest and i'm hoping for a little uk getaway towards the back end of the year (Newcastle because i love it there!) and maybe an xmas market abroad in dec.… but if anyone has any recommendatiions for Budapest i'm all ears! :)

Also, wanting to look into getting married in Vegas in a few years so any suggestions for things to do/see/where to stay will be GREATLY welcomed. I've found a photog and a few hotels I like but that's all so far haha!
For Budapest, go to Szimpla Kert for evening drinks and a walk around, one of the best bars I’ve visited! Also go to the thermal spas, we found Szechenyi the best as it’s the biggest so loads of different pools at different tempratures and nice for a relax! We also did a river cruise at sunset which was lovely as you saw the Parliament building lit up and the bats flying above it when it gets dark. we also found the area around Szabadság square great for bars and restaurants. I love Budapest sooo much, I think I’ll have to suggest to my partner that we go back for my birthday city break😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
I went to Venice in August this past summer, it wasn’t a great day weather wise and still, it was HEAVING! I can’t explain how busy it was. The city itself was beautiful although we only visited for a day and that was for us more than enough.
We went on a day trip to Venice when we were on holiday in Porec, Croatia. It was start of October a few years ago and it was heaving then, I can't imagine what it must be like in August.

It was a lovely place and I'm glad I've been but I wouldn't go back. I didn't really enjoy it because of the crowds, beggers and people selling tatt on every bridge and corner.
I kept saying it's nice but it's a shame that it's been ruined by tourists (fully self aware that I was there as a tourist!)

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
We’re currently in Dominican Republic for 11 days🌞
We have a few breaks booked in England with our dog and my family- we’re off to pagham for a weekend in March, and to Cornwall (st ives) for a week in May.
We’d like to go to Kraków this year and visit the concentration camps (morbid I know!!)
We’d also like to book a holiday for our 1st wedding anniversary in June but no idea where to go! We’re also going to Glastonbury in June💃🏽
And I’m off on a hen do to Prague in April.
We live for holidays - putting off kids until we’ve ticked some off our bucket list!

Veronica

Chatty Member
Venice is incredible, like a film set but yes, stupidly busy. And don't eat/drink about St Mark's Square unless you fancy paying megabucks.

We have a few things booked. Ibiza with the kids in late May, Seville just us 2 in July and Amsterdam, again just us 2, in October. We have a few festivals booked in and I'm hoping a couple of UK weekend breaks too. I cannot wait for Spring/Summer.
Seville is incredible. Very hot July and August! It's beautiful

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

Aww love this!!! We haven’t been on holiday for 5 years but we are thinking of going on our first holiday with the kids now they are a little older.

We are thinking Amsterdam. I’ve been before before kids but it’s such an incredible city and not a long flight. Lovely and warm in the summer. Thinking of air bnb

Reactions: 1

Hc68759

VIP Member
We’re going to Dorset for a week in the summer. Italy for a week in autumn and Lapland for a weekend next Christmas.

101d

VIP Member
We are planning a holiday in October, we normally go in September but my son is starting school this year so now need to fit around that! Would anyone be able to recommend a good warm location in October? We have done Egypt & turkey so would like to look at other places that I might not have thought of?
If you didn't want to go too far, the Canary islands are usually still warm in October, and only 4 hours on the plane! There is also Cyprus, Greece (Kos is so nice)

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Yes! To explain, I didn't go anywhere for two years from May 2016 until June 2018 due to a major depression. I barely left the house or even got out of bed in 2017. But in a rare spark of positivity, I booked a week in France for June 2018. I nearly cancelled it a million times before we left but it's not exaggeration to say that holiday saved my life.

Now that we are making inroads into our debt which has taken the pressure off (see the "how much debt are you actually in? thread for more details) I am determined to continue to try and help my mental health (the depression is better but I still don't go out unless absolutely necessary here and never alone) and to force my workaholic partner to take some time out. I am trying to plan something nice for us to do each month this year whether it be a little trip away, going to the theatre or just having a nice meal somewhere. Here arethusa breaks I have planned (so far)

February - cute little Airbnb in Peacehaven for one night so we can spend a couple of days in Brighton.

April - two nights in a shepherd's hut in Suffolk that I found on Instagram.

May - a week away in Norfolk in a cottage. I want to live in Norfolk but going there once a year is the best I can do at the moment.

August/September - two weeks in France although this may be cancelled 😭 depending on how badly Brexit fucks things up.

November - Tallinn (Estonia) for four nights. I have booked the accommodation but may have to cancel if the flights are ridiculously expensive. Partner went there for work three years ago and I loved the look of the place and the Christmas markets! Bit of a different city break to the usual suspects.

Fin

Chatty Member
I've been to Venice but I was with my parents as a stroppy teenager so didn't really appreciate how amazing it was. My friend was there a few years ago and bought (and had shipped back to the UK) a huge Murano glass leaping salmon thing which was her pride and joy. It was hideous. Sorry E if you read this 😳

• Haha

Lyds26

This sounds like a good idea actually. How did you book that?
We booked a ferry crossing from Trieste over to Venice, it was crazy cheap and was just under two hours on a catamaran. We left early in the morning (8ish) and then had the day in Venice and left at around 4pm back to Trieste. It was really easy and cheap and I promise you it was enough time to see Venice. I loved visiting the place but I don’t see how people could make a weekend trip out of it.

Mum Of One

We are off to Corfu in May and then France in July & Sept. We normally go to the Caribbean in Feb time too but didn’t want to do long haul with our little one. Regretting it now though, you forget just how miserable this time of ear is! So we are booking next years as soon as all the Feb dates are up online haha.

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
Not really. I'm pregnant and due in April.

We've got a break away at a spa hotel in Conwy, Wales booked for Feb as a pre baby treat and we might book a trip to centre parcs or a cottage somewhere in December for my husbands birthday with the baby.

• Heart

Greed-Futures

Brit here, always get so jealous of you guys skiing in Colorado, it looks so picture perfect!
I'm about to be jealous of my family all skiing without me! Haha! In addition to a baby to look after I have a bad back and can't participate in high impact sports. At least I'll get to take in the mountain town and all the great sights. Also, my husband and I hiked the ski trail 2 summers ago, so I've seen the area they'll get to ski, just in a different season. I love seeing influencers post photos from their Swiss ski trips, always look so picturesque.

• Heart

jewelkitty

Chatty Member
Have only booked a weekend in Edinburgh next month so far, but would love to go to Canada in September - Vancouver and the Rockies. Too nervous to drive it myself so looking at bus tours going there. Would also love a couple days in Disneyland Paris at Christmas time! And some weekends in England during the summer, Cornwall etc.

Lyds26

We went to Venice in May 2016 and absolutely loved it. It gets really busy in the height of summer so i’d definitely go outside of those dates.
I went to Venice in August this past summer, it wasn’t a great day weather wise and still, it was HEAVING! I can’t explain how busy it was. The city itself was beautiful although we only visited for a day and that was for us more than enough.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
We are going to book Cyprus again, ours was cancelled last year cos of Thomas cook! We were due to fly out the day after they announced. We did go on a cruise last year too.....holiday of a lifetime! I’d go on another in a heartbeat!

LLJ

We went to Venice in May 2016 and absolutely loved it. It gets really busy in the height of summer so i’d definitely go outside of those dates.
I wish we could! Boyfriend works in a school. Bane of our lives haha.

• Sad

Mustard

VIP Member
Haven't planned anything yet, but I like travelling by train a lot. Hoping to go to Germany, Aystruz and Holland by train from the UK, have taken the Amtrak from Seattle down to San Diego. There is a woman on Instagram called MominZurich who travels a lot in Europe by train. She raved about Budapest.