Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mother lives just near Madeline McCann's parents and sees Kate around from time to time.

My father was one of the jurors on the case of a man who carried out three very brutal murders over forty-eight hours.
my mum was called to jury service a few years ago but had to drop out as her dad was ill and she needed to tkae care of him, luckily imo as it turned out to be some kind of organised crime thing and all of the jury had to be in a hotel under police protection for the duration of the trial (which was months!)

• Wow
Reactions: 14
my mum was called to jury service a few years ago but had to drop out as her dad was ill and she needed to tkae care of him, luckily imo as it turned out to be some kind of organised crime thing and all of the jury had to be in a hotel under police protection for the duration of the trial (which was months!)
Wow that sounds scary! I’d love to do jury service one day though.

Reactions: 11
Wow that sounds scary! I’d love to do jury service one day though.
omg same! I was called for it once but was out of the country, even considered cancelling my holiday as I would love to so much! (I feel like we are in the minority, most people I know who have been called for it are just annoyed!)

Reactions: 7
omg same! I was called for it once but was out of the country, even considered cancelling my holiday as I would love to so much! (I feel like we are in the minority, most people I know who have been called for it are just annoyed!)
I did it, and although the case was unpleasant, I found the whole experience so interesting

Reactions: 5
I would really like to do jury duty. I also really want to sit in the public gallery for a big trial, I often follow live trial reporting but due to home and work commitments I’ve never actually been. Plus I live a long way from a Crown Court.

Reactions: 3
Are jurors offered councillors or anyone to speak to afterwards if they are forced to view horrific details/evidence? That would be my worst nightmare if it was a murder/rape or a child case.

Reactions: 4
My dad did a 10 week murder trial. He never spoke about it but he was not himself the whole time. Couldn’t eat. He said he saw some horrific phots & evidence

• Sad
  • Wow
My dad was murdered last year by his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend. She had been planning it for a while. Just needed to find the right scumbag to help her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
My dad was murdered last year by his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend. She had been planning it for a while. Just needed to find the right scumbag to help her.
I’m sorry for your loss, that’s truly awful. I hope you were able to get justice for your dad 😞 ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
My mother lives just near Madeline McCann's parents and sees Kate around from time to time.

My father was one of the jurors on the case of a man who carried out three very brutal murders over forty-eight hours.
What's your personal opinion on the Maddie case?

Are jurors offered councillors or anyone to speak to afterwards if they are forced to view horrific details/evidence? That would be my worst nightmare if it was a murder/rape or a child case.
I know someone who was the lawyer in a horrific paedophilia case and from what I remember the jury had to be extensively vetted before and given support after (they had to be shown fotos of some of the crimes, no way I would cope with that), not sure about other crimes though

Having sat through a trial I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to experience that in any capacity, for so many reasons. a lot of the time it’s boring, really boring and frankly, listening to the gory details of the last moments of someone’s life is grim. Whether you know them or not, it’s grim, it’s tragic and you will never be the same person for living through something like that. I don’t care how many prime suspect episodes you’ve watched, it hits different. Stick to the tv version of these type of things, they might be upsetting but they’re a whole world away from the reality of it all because no matter how exciting it all seems, ultimately something horrendous has happened to get to that point, families torn apart, so many emotions

• Heart
Reactions: 24
A girl in the year above me... her gram was murdered at her allotment one evening. I can’t remember if they caught her murderer. But I remember us all being shocked at how close to home it was.

• Sad
A woman close to me was murdered by her boyfriend just last week. She said she wanted to split up with him and he got angry, there was talk of him “using her body like a trampoline”, she died with severe brain injuries totally black and blue, it spread around the community like wildfire and there were pictures of the poor woman all over Facebook. So tough. :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18