Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched Moorside again recently on Brit Box. I wonder what happened to Shannon Matthews and how she's coping with life now.
she would be a 20 year old woman by now. I hope life improved for her.

i often wonder where Robert Thompson is now. It has been reported that he’s in a stable homosexual relationship... Think how many people he must associate with who have no idea who he really is .... same with Mary Bell.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
she would be a 20 year old woman by now. I hope life improved for her.

i often wonder where Robert Thompson is now. It has been reported that he’s in a stable homosexual relationship... Think how many people he must associate with who have no idea who he really is .... same with Mary Bell.
I read somewhere that his partner is aware of his real identity but no idea how true it is. It is mind boggling now you’ve mentioned it how many people he interacts with who has no idea who he is.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I read somewhere that his partner is aware of his real identity but no idea how true it is. It is mind boggling now you’ve mentioned it how many people he interacts with who has no idea who he is.
yes apparently partner is aware,I’d read that too.
at least he appears to keep his head down unlike that disgusting pedophile James Venables.

Reactions: 15
When I was at uni, my best mate used to have a lot of problems, nothing serious, but he usually ended up seeing the student counsellor at least twice a week, for a quick chat. Anyhow he used to drag me along and consequently she ended up being more of a friend than a counsellor.

Anyway she had two kids both around 15/16 years old. One was her own son the other was adopted. Oneday during term time the adopted one ends up shooting and killing her natural son.

As you can imagine we were devastated.

So sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
My uncle disappeared one day, haven't heard from him since. We believe he was murdered due to drugs / violence.
He wasn't a very nice man but still horrible that he's just disappeared without a trace!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I used to go out with someone who's ex was the daughter of Hazel Stewart. Hazel is woman in Northern Ireland who conspired with a dentist she was having an affair with to kill her husband and his wife. James Nesbitt was in the ITV drama about it a few years back. The whole case was sad but I was shocked at how much this girl stood by her mum after she killed her father. Not only that she was super possessive of the guy I was seeing and would regularly ring him when I was with him. He felt quite bad for her mental health as after her mum finally went to prison for the murders her husband divorced her and she was left with no one but her brother apparently.
Yes I remember watching that- it was shocking. How sad for the daughter really, maybe she was just clinging on to the mother she thought she had if that makes sense? The grief and shock of it all must mess with people’s head, can you imagine getting your head around it all? Just awful isn’t it?

Reactions: 1
I sold a house a few years ago to a couple with three children. Both parents were police officers and were lovely especially the wife. They bought the house and whilst it was being renovated rented a house from a friend of mine so they could be close and oversee the works They spent a fortune extending it and unbeknown to his wife for a good degree of it they were up to their eyes in debt living wildly beyond their means with loans and re mortgages that he had forged her signature on. He strangled her in the hall and hid her body in the cupboard under the stairs and then went to pick up their children from the local school. Later he drove her body to a local lake and left her there. The police picked him up later that night They had CCTV of him in her car driving her off to hide her body. They found his trainers in a bin near the house. He pleaded NG at the start and had a trial and was convicted of her murder. He has never explained himself. Three children are effectively orphans now. It was horrific. If you met him you wouldn’t have an inkling. Tragic story all round and all to keep up with the “ Jones’s “ as it were

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I sold a house a few years ago to a couple with three children. Both parents were police officers and were lovely especially the wife. They bought the house and whilst it was being renovated rented a house from a friend of mine so they could be close and oversee the works They spent a fortune extending it and unbeknown to his wife for a good degree of it they were up to their eyes in debt living wildly beyond their means with loans and re mortgages that he had forged her signature on. He strangled her in the hall and hid her body in the cupboard under the stairs and then went to pick up their children from the local school. Later he drove her body to a local lake and left her there. The police picked him up later that night They had CCTV of him in her car driving her off to hide her body. They found his trainers in a bin near the house. He pleaded NG at the start and had a trial and was convicted of her murder. He has never explained himself. Three children are effectively orphans now. It was horrific. If you met him you wouldn’t have an inkling. Tragic story all round and all to keep up with the “ Jones’s “ as it were
I think I remember this happening, did they live In wilmslow or hale?

I read in detail about this case. Absolutely harrowing.

Reactions: 3
In my childhood home, the neighbours had a right of way into our garden so they could take their rubbish out without having to take it through their house. The old lady and old man who lived there were lovely. They had two sons. One son was called Michael. He committed suicide because his girlfriend left him. It was really freaky as a child seeing the undertakers taking his body (in the coffin) through our garden and out to the front. They could have carried it through the house, I never knew why they didn’t, the body was at rest there for a day or so if I recall. My parents closed our curtains so we couldn’t see but I just had to peek. It scared me so much that we moved pretty soon after.
When I was in year 7 at school, a girl went out after second registration (after lunch..when she shouldn’t have been out) to meet ‘her mum’. Only she didn’t go to see her mum, she went to meet her 17 year old boyfriend in his car. This makes me feel sick now as she was definitely groomed from when she was in year 6. She never came back. This was in the days before mobile phones and nobody knows what happened to her.
When I was in year 9, a group of us went out for lunch one day and saw a burnt patch of grass with a cross on it and a shoe nearby. When we started talking about It, the teachers shushed us and said we must have been imagining it. One girl went home and told her dad and he, being an adult knew what happened. A group of people had beat up a man accused of perving on young girls and set him on fire by the school where he was a caretaker. So that was pleasant!!

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
An ex girlfriend of one of my 2nd cousins died in her flat and wasn’t found for 3 years. There’s a documentary about it and it’s just a really sad story because she’d sort of lost touch with everyone and no one realised that she’d died.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
An ex girlfriend of one of my 2nd cousins died in her flat and wasn’t found for 3 years. There’s a documentary about it and it’s just a really sad story because she’d sort of lost touch with everyone and no one realised that she’d died.
That is so shocking and sad 😥 3 years just decomposing in your own home with no one looking for you! Surely one of the neighbours would have noticed something wasn’t right? And the rent wouldn’t have been paid?

Edit - just reading the Wikipedia page, how incredibly sad 😔 her television was left on for all those years and people noticed the smell but thought it was the bins! How awful.

Edited again - I warn you do not look at the images that come up as there are pictures of the scene. Wasn’t expecting that.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
That is so shocking and sad 😥 3 years just decomposing in your own home with no one looking for you! Surely one of the neighbours would have noticed something wasn’t right? And the rent wouldn’t have been paid?

Edit - just reading the Wikipedia page, how incredibly sad 😔 her television was left on for all those years and people noticed the smell but thought it was the bins! How awful.
It’s heartbreaking that everything was just as if she’d just fallen asleep. And yeah so shocking that no one noticed as from all accounts she was very well liked etc! Scary to think that you could be missing for that long and no one would notice especially as you say without rent being paid etc

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
w
In Wood Green, I believe? I saw the film on Channel Four with Zawe Ashton and it was so awfully sad. That is one of my biggest fears, that something like that happens to me

Reactions: 4