Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update:

The killer of the girl who I know through my music has recently been convicted, but deemed to be suffering with a mental disorder at the time of the offence, therefore leading to the sentence being placed on a Sec 37/41 in a Medium Secure Forensic facility. The sentence is tit as I know him well enough to know how much of a bleep he actually is, and am trained enough to know that said bleep didn't suffer with a mental disorder that would have led to a lack of insight into his crime.

I also know that I am the Psychology cover for the Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Service once a week, which is based 10 yards across from where he's been placed.
It’s awful when these scum bags get away with it claiming mental health I bet your fuming 😞

Reactions: 4
It’s awful when these scum bags get away with it claiming mental health I bet your fuming 😞
I am, not least because I've worked in forensics, and know the system inside out. I feel bad for not being more objective about it, but I've known him years. I'm probably too close to it all, to be perfectly honest, but I am really bleeping angry.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I am, not least because I've worked in forensics, and know the system inside out. I feel bad for not being more objective about it, but I've known him years. I'm probably too close to it all, to be perfectly honest, but I am really bleeping angry.
I am so sorry. If you need a safe space to chat, please remember you have us lot.

Lots of love and support to you. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
There's a pub near me. A man punched another which killed him.
I once went to A&E when my mother was ill. Another patient on the ward was a young man who had been either punched or pushed over and hit his head on the pavement. His family were coming in and I spoke to (I presume) his father or grandfather who was very sweet and tried to calm me down - I was a young teenager and obviously very worried about my mum. The guy later died and I could hear his family sobbing / screaming down the hallway. I'd never really thought of that as murder but yes, I suppose it was

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I once went to A&E when my mother was ill. Another patient on the ward was a young man who had been either punched or pushed over and hit his head on the pavement. His family were coming in and I spoke to (I presume) his father or grandfather who was very sweet and tried to calm me down - I was a young teenager and obviously very worried about my mum. The guy later died and I could hear his family sobbing / screaming down the hallway. I'd never really thought of that as murder but yes, I suppose it was
One punch murders are so sad on all counts. I don't think many in that situation expect that to be the outcome, they just want to play the big man for a minute.
Sucker punches are a bit different I think. To punch someone from behind or the side when they don't even know it's coming is dreadful. Again though, I don't think these people go out with an intent to kill. Often the degree of harm is unintended.

With a lot of violent deaths these days, all I see is situations that could have been avoided. If only things had been better, they'd have had access to better help etc.

Maybe fisticuffs was a better way than the knife crime we have these days. I just see wasted lives everywhere and I don't just mean the victims. It's really sad.

Reactions: 7
In my primary school there was a set of 4 siblings in varying years who were being brought up by their grandmother as their father had chopped their mums head off.

And a lad whom I had grown up with was kicked to death by bouncers when he was a teenager.

Also used to date a lad who I later found out his brother was in jail for murdering and dumping a the body of a man in a local canal in the town I moved to, he was a young teenager when he did it.
The father wasn’t a butcher was he? Not a joke am wondering if it’s same person near here I live.

My old neighbour killed his wife. Had planned it for years. He was gay and had planned to have a baby with her and take the baby to live with his boyfriend
Was this shown as a documentary too? Sure I saw this in a crime thing, so very sad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
One punch murders are so sad on all counts. I don't think many in that situation expect that to be the outcome, they just want to play the big man for a minute.
Sucker punches are a bit different I think. To punch someone from behind or the side when they don't even know it's coming is dreadful. Again though, I don't think these people go out with an intent to kill. Often the degree of harm is unintended.

With a lot of violent deaths these days, all I see is situations that could have been avoided. If only things had been better, they'd have had access to better help etc.

Maybe fisticuffs was a better way than the knife crime we have these days. I just see wasted lives everywhere and I don't just mean the victims. It's really sad.
This happened to a man from my local area Jonathan Thomas, it was a big case at the time, the accused denied it on the grounds of self defence and somehow got away with it. It seemed really unfair on the deceased man's family as the punch came from behind so it makes you wonder how that could be seen as an act of self defence. The accused then ran away and disposed of his clothes before going home, surely an act of guilt? He was cleared of the charges because witnesses came forward and said that prior to the fatal incident Johnathon had bumped into their group and was acting aggressively. It was such a sad case. I personally feel that there should have been a different outcome from the evidence that I heard. The accused has since continued to live a normal life, showing no remorse to the extent of bragging by appearing on a T.V show based on having a successful life being "young and minted". The show with him in ended up, either being cancelled or he was removed from the final edit after Jonathan's family and friends complained about lack of sensitivity.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
No but known a murderer.

An old friend and I had been out drinking in a pub later that evening she went home and stabbed her husband to death, absolutely no idea she could even turn like that, horrendous.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
No but known a murderer.

An old friend and I had been out drinking in a pub later that evening she went home and stabbed her husband to death, absolutely no idea she could even turn like that, horrendous.
Wow, what happened to her after, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 1
Wow, what happened to her after, if you don't mind me asking?
she got life minimum 24 years.
her kids were asleep in bed, she stabbed him 31 times, took off his jewellery to pawn.....all so she could start a new life with her secret boyfriend and keep the family home. 😞

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Joyce Vincent has been mentioned here a few times. In case anyone is interested 'Dreams of a life' is up on YouTube at the moment. SLight problem with sound, but nothing major.

• Heart
A guy from my hometown was murdered years ago, a really well known man, killer never caught as the evidence was destroyed but one of those cases where everyone in the locality has a fair idea but not enough evidence to secure a conviction, unfortunately. The alleged killer was also a local person and well known in the community.
There was also another high profile case close to where I’m from not too long after that. Madness. You never think things like these would happen on your doorstep.

Reactions: 1
Joyce Vincent has been mentioned here a few times. In case anyone is interested 'Dreams of a life' is up on YouTube at the moment. SLight problem with sound, but nothing major.

Looks like there was another very similar case recently. 😕

• Sad
I'm originally from a small village in Essex and we had a teenage girl go missing years ago. She was in my sister's year. Her uncle was eventually charged with her abduction and murder. Very sad, I don't think her body was ever found.

I worked for a lady in Wellington NZ who's mum went missing while walking in the bush and again her body was never found!

Scary how people can just disappear like that.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My brother was friends with Breck Bednar at school. They were in a lot of the same classes and got on really well… when he was killed they gave an assembly and our parents were told to keep an eye on all online activity. My brother said it was an awful time because no one knew why he just stopped coming to school, they just presumed he was ill but they were told he had died in that assembly.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I'm originally from a small village in Essex and we had a teenage girl go missing years ago. She was in my sister's year. Her uncle was eventually charged with her abduction and murder. Very sad, I don't think her body was ever found.
Danielle Jones?

My mum's babysitter murdered someone.

My brother was friends with Breck Bednar at school. They were in a lot of the same classes and got on really well… when he was killed they gave an assembly and our parents were told to keep an eye on all online activity. My brother said it was an awful time because no one knew why he just stopped coming to school, they just presumed he was ill but they were told he had died in that assembly.
That was an awful case. Breck’s mum knew he was being groomed and pleaded with the police to help her but they wouldn’t. 😣
It hit home with me because my son was the same age as Breck, also into computing and they looked so alike. There for the grace of God.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9