Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sadly a few.

many years ago a little girl was reported missing in our town. I was only young but I distinctly remember the police searching our sheds and gardens. She was found murdered hidden in a badger set. It turned out her stepfather had murdered her.

Another story is a boy I went to school with murdered the town drunk. Stabbed and battered him numerous times. He is now out of prison

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Yes and lots of lives ruined in the process.

My relative was murdered by her former partner (lots of police involvement for DV) then after this, he killed himself in front of members of the public - young children - and left their own child without parents.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
A relative of mine was killed by her boyf when she was 20 they had a young daughter he stabbed her.

A friend of mines bf punched a mate in a petty row & he hit his head & died ended up serving time & hes the loveliest guy, tragic on both sides.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
A guy I went to school with (I was a few years older) stabbed and killed a young man! Literally a petty argument in the town center and he stabbed him to death. Got sent down for it, shocking. He was only 16 at the time, in a gang.

Reactions: 1
Yes and lots of lives ruined in the process.

My relative was murdered by her former partner (lots of police involvement for DV) then after this, he killed himself in front of members of the public - young children - and left their own child without parents.
Without meaning to be too insensitive - how did he kill himself?

Without meaning to be too insensitive - how did he kill himself?
no problem! Sorry to any one who finds this detail distressing

He went to a random block of flats and jumped off. The schoolchildren realised what he was about to do (he spoke to them briefly before he went inside) and were screaming the whole time, before the impact. He was pronounced dead at the scene but you can imagine the sight ☹

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Does anyone remember the Becky Watts murder in Bristol a few years ago? Well I grew up with and was friends with a girl called Jaydene Parsons who it turned out along with her bf had let the killer hide Becky’s body in her shed in return for money! She ended up going down for a few years for assisting an offender I think. It’s mental cause she was on my Facebook sharing news about it when the whole time the body was in her shed!! Shed only messaged me a couple of weeks before congratulating me on having a baby too!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Not a murder or missing person story, but related.

One of my primary school friends fell to his death, from a climbing frame, while we were all playing. It wasn't that high from what I recall, I have no idea why the fall killed him.

Last year, I met with two of my oldest friends and we were talking about our primary school days. I obliviously asked whatever happened to John, and is anyone still in touch with him. After an awkward silence they reminded me he died. I was shocked.

My younger self must have been so traumatised she blocked it out. It wasn't until weeks after that conversation that I started processing it and remembered (vaguely) the teachers comforting us, his face on a pamphlet on every school wall, and I think I didn't even go school for a while because I remember being home for a long time. My parents were very attentive, I remember really really liking the time I got with them because it was unusual. I remember that, but I don't remember that he actually died!

I'm still processing it. A part of me still can't believe it and I still sincerely question if it really happened. For some reason, even with the memories above, I remember him walking into class after bring back at school... One of them is obviously imagination, and the other memory but they feel exactly the same.

I've tried searching his first name and key words on the internet to see what comes up. I don't remember his surname. Internet has yielded no results. I'm honestly still baffled. If this site wasn't anonymous, I wouldn't be sharing. I feel so many emotions ranging from embarrassment to feeling stupid and crazy for not knowing what happened despite being there. I'm questioning my sanity.

This is very raw for me. If you reply, please be kind.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Not a murder or missing person story, but related.

One of my primary school friends fell to his death, from a climbing frame, while we were all playing. It wasn't that high from what I recall, I have no idea why the fall killed him.

Last year, I met with two of my oldest friends and we were talking about our primary school days. I obliviously asked whatever happened to John, and is anyone still in touch with him. After an awkward silence they reminded me he died. I was shocked.

My younger self must have been so traumatised she blocked it out. It wasn't until weeks after that conversation that I started processing it and remembered (vaguely) the teachers comforting us, his face on a pamphlet on every school wall, and I think I didn't even go school for a while because I remember being home for a long time. My parents were very attentive, I remember really really liking the time I got with them because it was unusual. I remember that, but I don't remember that he actually died!

I'm still processing it. A part of me still can't believe it and I still sincerely question if it really happened. For some reason, even with the memories above, I remember him walking into class after bring back at school... One of them is obviously imagination, and the other memory but they feel exactly the same.

I've tried searching his first name and key words on the internet to see what comes up. I don't remember his surname. Internet has yielded no results. I'm honestly still baffled. If this site wasn't anonymous, I wouldn't be sharing. I feel so many emotions ranging from embarrassment to feeling stupid and crazy for not knowing what happened despite being there. I'm questioning my sanity.

This is very raw for me. If you reply, please be kind.
I think when we’re children we are extremely resilient and I think it’s some what a blessing you don’t remember and I wouldn’t put myself through trauma to remember don’t feel bad you don’t Remember I wouldn’t wish my worst enemy to vividly remember that terrible event in detail, your parents clearly did a good job to help there child recover from that :) x

• Heart
Reactions: 27
this is a disturbing case and I knew the family

the perpetrator was a bit of an odd ball, very quiet and used to smoke a loooot of weed. Very nice normal wife and kids though. He was psychotic and ended up thinking he was channelling Hitler. He killed his wife with an axe if I remember rightly. And his daughter. He spared the remaining daughter because she was ‘aryan’. The police found her in the airing cupboard upstairs, hiding.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
From 2007-2012 I was really close to this friend I met I online
Although we never met we video called so I know she was real.

I received a message from her friend I'n the october of 2012 to say she had been murdered by someone obsessed with her. I was offered to go to her funeral but she lived the other end of the country to me and I was only a teenager. There has been no news reports, there was nothing on the radio at the time, theres no online obituaries and I've contacted her friends to ask for her resting place so that I can go visit to get closure yet they didn't get back to me and their accounts are now deactivated. If it wasnt for video calling and speaking to her on the phone I would believe I had been catfished
.The only explanation I can thi nk of is that she has had to change her identity for security. I wish I knew the truth? I miss who I used to know.

My mums cousin was having a new years eve party and their dog had escaped he went looking for him with his wife and their was some teenagers in an argument. He verbally tried to settle this and then the teenagers turned on him and killed him 😣😪 he was a loving family man

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
An ex girlfriend of one of my 2nd cousins died in her flat and wasn’t found for 3 years. There’s a documentary about it and it’s just a really sad story because she’d sort of lost touch with everyone and no one realised that she’d died.
That happened to my great aunt (my granddads sister)
bloke in the flat below her died-was dead for about 3 months before someone noticed something wrong and called the police
the worst bit was,some nasty fucker broke into his flat about a week after his death and stole everything they could manage to carry while his body was laid dead on the sofa

i knew a lad called Daniel reed
he killed his mothers boyfriend and my daughter saw him walking down the end of our street laughing like a loon,covered in blood
she freaked out,ran home,told me and I rang the police
he was arrested at the taxi rank down the road-he had walked in and told them what he had done-they rang the police and he is now doing life

hed had an awful childhood-his dad Mick reed was a child abuser (did 7 years) and his mother Jane just didn’t give a damn about him-she just wanted the money in benefits for him and his younger siblings-they didn’t give a duck about them,the house was filthy (think dirty and times it by 1000-they took the carpet up when they moved house and it was that dirty it wouldn’t ‘roll’ they ended up having to cut it up,it was that stiff with animal/human mess and other crap-you could smell their house from the end of the street)
dad abused a little girl-he did 7 years for it-but he planned to abuse Daniels younger sister when (his words) ‘was ripe enough’
mum knew his plan and went along with it-helping to groom both girls-anything so she didn’t have to sleep with him
they where put into care,and he killed the boyfriend in revenge years later

i remember saying to my mate when Daniel was young (aged about 9) ‘he’s going to end up killing someone someday’
how I wish I could take those words back-with parents like his,he never stood a chance-his mother went to chat magazine crying about how ‘I’ve done my best-where did I go wrong?’
give me a year love and I’ll explain it to you

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
A boy I went to college with died on a night out, a boy I had gone to school with punched him, he fell and hit a curb. He was originally arrested for murder but it was downgraded to manslaughter. It was very sad all round

• Sad
Reactions: 3
The best friend of an ex-colleague’s son was stabbed to death in our local park a few Halloweens ago. I think a few drinks had been had and he looked at some men the ‘wrong’ way... awful.

I was also in the same college year as a guy who was killed by a hit and run driver. Terrible, terrible stuff but his mum is doing some amazing work for road safety awareness in his honour.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
The best friend of an ex-colleague’s son was stabbed to death in our local park a few Halloweens ago. I think a few drinks had been had and he looked at some men in a park the ‘wrong’ way... awful.

I was also in the same college year as a guy who was killed by a hit and run driver. Terrible, terrible stuff but his mum is doing some amazing work for road safety awareness in his honour.
jesus this is awful, I feel so bad for the parents of these people. I am always in awe of people that manage to try and make something positive from such a tragic personal situation

Reactions: 7