Have you ever/do you know anyone that has won big on the lottery?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A girl from my town won £8m! Another family from town won 10m but no one ever found out who from what I know! My mums boss was retiring and she bought him a lotto ticket for his card, bought herself one too, his ticket was over 6k on it! I would be sick! 😅😅 he brought her for a meal to pizza express loool

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
A girl from my town won £8m! Another family from town won 10m but no one ever found out who from what I know! My mums boss was retiring and she bought him a lotto ticket for his card, bought herself one too, his ticket was over 6k on it! I would be sick! 😅😅 he brought her for a meal to pizza express loool
This is why I never buy lottery tickets as gifts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’d love to win the set for life where you get 10k a month for 30 years. A nice amount easy to hide 😂

Reactions: 26
Sorry i know this is an old thread but I played the euro millions last night as they were making 100 millionaires via the euro raffle. Anyway, before I realised I hadn’t won I googled if I could retire on £1million at the age of 40…turns out £1million would generate £2500 interest a YEAR! All my dreams were shattered!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
My dad won £10000 on a scratch card about 20 years ago.
We were delighted, went on a holiday and he gave me £1000 to spend however I wanted.

I also know somebody who won the equivalent of roughly £3 million with the lotto when I was very young. He was a good friend of my dad’s and always found a way to avoid paying for coffee, lunch, etc. Guess that’s how he stayed rich 🤣

Sorry i know this is an old thread but I played the euro millions last night as they were making 100 millionaires via the euro raffle. Anyway, before I realised I hadn’t won I googled if I could retire on £1million at the age of 40…turns out £1million would generate £2500 interest a YEAR! All my dreams were shattered!
If you won a million, you’d probably put some of it in a high yield investment account, with regular savings % you’d make no money off it.

I got 5 numbers on the lottery once, thought I was well into big money, was thinking I'd get money put into a house, yeah turned out 5 numbers got me £1700 😑😑 if I had had 31 instead of 30 I'd have landed 31 million, freaking one number out was the difference between 1700 hundred an 31 million 😭😭 plans for a house went out the window that day 😂

I did get 3 numbers on the Irish lottery though once, I pick 3 numbers an put a fiver on it an it got my £3500, so put it all into taking me an my folks to orlando for two weeks, I did need to add some more money but it paid the bulk of it, my mum does £1 on her 3 numbers an it's £700ish which is not bad

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I got 5 numbers on the lottery once, thought I was well into big money, was thinking I'd get money put into a house, yeah turned out 5 numbers got me £1700 😑😑 if I had had 31 instead of 30 I'd have landed 31 million, freaking one number out was the difference between 1700 hundred an 31 million 😭😭 plans for a house went out the window that day 😂

I did get 3 numbers on the Irish lottery though once, I pick 3 numbers an put a fiver on it an it got my £3500, so put it all into taking me an my folks to orlando for two weeks, I did need to add some more money but it paid the bulk of it, my mum does £1 on her 3 numbers an it's £700ish which is not bad
Oh my - for 5 numbers I’d have thought at least £100k!! I can only imagine how gutted you felt! Still £1700 is better than a slap in the face but still…😱

Oh my - for 5 numbers I’d have thought at least £100k!! I can only imagine how gutted you felt! Still £1700 is better than a slap in the face but still…😱
That was exactly what I was thinking as well, honestly the £1700 was all spent towards bring a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding 🙄 I should have said no an just spent it on me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That was exactly what I was thinking as well, honestly the £1700 was all spent towards bring a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding 🙄 I should have said no an just spent it on me 😂
Bloody too right you should’ve! I’d send your brother an invoice 😂

Not the lottery but with premium bonds we won £325 in our first year holding them.

My aunt has been playing the lottery for donkey years I remember her spending £80 in one go once. She asked my cousin's 4 year old son for numbers two years ago and every single one of them actually came up. The thing was that she didn't use the numbers!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I know someone who won a million but has unfortunately ended up a really nasty person. She used to shop in charity shops etc but the money has completely gone to her head and now she is horrible 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I know someone who won £500k. She has never worked a day in her life and treats her children appallingly. She bought a house for £375k that needed alot of work. Never got the work done and spent the rest of scratch cards and gambling. Now she doesnt have 2 pennies to rub together and they are back in council accommodation.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I’d love to win the set for life where you get 10k a month for 30 years. A nice amount easy to hide 😂
A friend of a friend won this in Aussie - $20k/month for 20 years. She still lives in the same house and drives the same car as she did before she won, but quit her job to volunteer for an animal charity which she props up financially too. She's always been really careful with money and still is.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Whenever I have bought someone a lottery ticket, I’ve always chosen the same numbers for myself, so we would have to share the prize if they won, not that they would get to know who the other person was! 😂

I know someone who won £500k. She has never worked a day in her life and treats her children appallingly. She bought a house for £375k that needed alot of work. Never got the work done and spent the rest of scratch cards and gambling. Now she doesnt have 2 pennies to rub together and they are back in council accommodation.
Sounds like she needs a brain transplant.

I have won about a thousand quid over the years doing the Irish lottery. Have not done it for ages though, as I live nowhere near a betting shop.

I was very close to winning 170 grand about 25 years ago. I had got four numbers, plus the bonus ball. But like you, I was one number out. If only I had put one of my old door numbers, I would have won it. Whilst not a massive fortune, it would have propped me up for a good few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My mum (lot of years ago) always put the same numbers on the lotto as her sister , they put it on themselves and one day the numbers came out it was around £120k , now you can imagine how much money that was 20 years ago ! So my mum rang my auntie her sister to tell her and my auntie that day hadn’t put the number on so my mum been my mum she gave half to her sister.. to then months later my auntie was renovating her house and my mum thought no way could you have holidays new car etc with the 60k she found out that my auntie HAD put the numbers on she kept the £120k PLUS the half my mum gave her!! How bad is that they never fell out or nothing either still very close now

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
My mum (lot of years ago) always put the same numbers on the lotto as her sister , they put it on themselves and one day the numbers came out it was around £120k , now you can imagine how much money that was 20 years ago ! So my mum rang my auntie her sister to tell her and my auntie that day hadn’t put the number on so my mum been my mum she gave half to her sister.. to then months later my auntie was renovating her house and my mum thought no way could you have holidays new car etc with the 60k she found out that my auntie HAD put the numbers on she kept the £120k PLUS the half my mum gave her!! How bad is that they never fell out or nothing either still very close now
Omg that’s awful 😳

Reactions: 8
Don’t know anyone who has won but I hate how they just email saying ‘you’ve won a prize log in to find out how much’. Got this email the other week whilst I was working nights and the website was down overnight for maintenance so all night I was wondering if I was a millionaire. Finally able to log in in the morning and I had just won £5 😭🙄 wish the email would just say how much has been won!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I imagine no matter how much you give some people it would never be enough. I’d be so tempted to keep the win to myself and emigrate without telling anyone 😂
You’ve just described my family 😂.
id definitely emigrate to Spain or somewhere warm

Reactions: 3