Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My mum (lot of years ago) always put the same numbers on the lotto as her sister , they put it on themselves and one day the numbers came out it was around £120k , now you can imagine how much money that was 20 years ago ! So my mum rang my auntie her sister to tell her and my auntie that day hadn’t put the number on so my mum been my mum she gave half to her sister.. to then months later my auntie was renovating her house and my mum thought no way could you have holidays new car etc with the 60k she found out that my auntie HAD put the numbers on she kept the £120k PLUS the half my mum gave her!! How bad is that they never fell out or nothing either still very close now

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36

Choco88

VIP Member
I’d love to win the set for life where you get 10k a month for 30 years. A nice amount easy to hide 😂

Reactions: 26

Smallpotato

VIP Member
My friends mum won £1 million. She quit work via text 🤣 she’s in her 60s and it’s so well deserved; she’s a fab woman and so lovely!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

1001 others

VIP Member
I’d love to win the set for life where you get 10k a month for 30 years. A nice amount easy to hide 😂
A friend of a friend won this in Aussie - $20k/month for 20 years. She still lives in the same house and drives the same car as she did before she won, but quit her job to volunteer for an animal charity which she props up financially too. She's always been really careful with money and still is.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Sickofinstacrap

A girl from my town won £8m! Another family from town won 10m but no one ever found out who from what I know! My mums boss was retiring and she bought him a lotto ticket for his card, bought herself one too, his ticket was over 6k on it! I would be sick! 😅😅 he brought her for a meal to pizza express loool

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

1001 others

VIP Member
I know of someone who won hundreds of thousands in the '90s, invested it all wisely, but otherwise lived like she always had. She's well set for life - has a very sensible head on her shoulders.

I fantasise about all the luxuries I'd buy if I won big, but in all honesty I'd probably put my winnings in a term deposit for 12 months and take my time to decide how to spend it. I've been really, really poor (living in my car, stretching a tin of baked beans to last a week, poor), and would never, ever want to be in that situation again so would definitely think wisely before I spent anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
My cousins father in law won the lottery, a little under a million pound. The first thing he bought was a pair of trainers from marks and Spencer’s, he had never been able to afford decent shoes before so it was a real luxury to him. After getting some guidance he purchased a few properties for his children but they all insisted on paying rent to him for them. He’s a very humble man and he has never forgotten where he came from.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Milktray

VIP Member
One of the 'rough' mum's from school won £4million.
I say rough, she's not really but she's as common as muck.

Anyway, she bought an old house opposite school...it's a huge, double fronted dream...no doubt to remind everyone of her new found wealth.

She proceeded to build a cheap looking extension on to the side, which completely ruined the symmetry of the building. She got the old tree chopped down and replaced by a wall so no one could look in and added electric gates for extra measure.
We live in a village with low crime, but she absolutely relishes in opening her gates when the other school mum's are walking past - whilst shouting the comment 'they're brilliant these gates but always take ages to open'. Every. Single. Day.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Choco88

VIP Member
An old school friend won a million on the lotto while she was at uni. Her and her bf quit their part time job so they could concentrate on their degrees. They’re married now and have their own business.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I got 5 numbers on the lottery once, thought I was well into big money, was thinking I'd get money put into a house, yeah turned out 5 numbers got me £1700 😑😑 if I had had 31 instead of 30 I'd have landed 31 million, freaking one number out was the difference between 1700 hundred an 31 million 😭😭 plans for a house went out the window that day 😂

I did get 3 numbers on the Irish lottery though once, I pick 3 numbers an put a fiver on it an it got my £3500, so put it all into taking me an my folks to orlando for two weeks, I did need to add some more money but it paid the bulk of it, my mum does £1 on her 3 numbers an it's £700ish which is not bad

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I won £10 and the woman at the kiosk said it was the biggest win she had seen in a long time. Says it all 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know someone who won about £80,000 (it was the National Lottery but can't remember which draw). They bought a computer and sofa, then put the rest away for a rainy day. The person seems to have a lucky streak because quite a few good things have happened to them in the past couple of years!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
Years ago I started a new job, the woman I was replacing left because she won $7m.

A friend of mine used to work with a man who won €3m.

I rarely play the lottery but when I do I convince myself I'm going to win big 😂 I think about all the people I'd share it with, how I'd surprise them and how I'd spend it myself of course 😉

• Wow
Reactions: 12

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Don’t know anyone who has won but I hate how they just email saying ‘you’ve won a prize log in to find out how much’. Got this email the other week whilst I was working nights and the website was down overnight for maintenance so all night I was wondering if I was a millionaire. Finally able to log in in the morning and I had just won £5 😭🙄 wish the email would just say how much has been won!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
When I was in primary school in the 80s, the mother of a boy in my class won £10,000 on a scratchcard which was a lot of money 30 years ago.

I honestly think MIL has won money and just hasn't told us (well, told ME to be more specific) She's constantly telling us that she's "Only a poor widow now with my pension" :rolleyes:, but five minutes later she's getting a team of builders in to put in a whole new kitchen, redo the bathroom, landscape the garden etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Choco88

VIP Member
I imagine no matter how much you give some people it would never be enough. I’d be so tempted to keep the win to myself and emigrate without telling anyone 😂

Reactions: 10
When it first started by dads friend won 250k, I remember a story about him trying to buy a new car merc or Audi something like that and the staff paid no attention to him so he went across to Mazda and brought a brand new car there and then!! Him and his wife split up not long after the win though 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 9

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
A girl from my town won £8m! Another family from town won 10m but no one ever found out who from what I know! My mums boss was retiring and she bought him a lotto ticket for his card, bought herself one too, his ticket was over 6k on it! I would be sick! 😅😅 he brought her for a meal to pizza express loool
This is why I never buy lottery tickets as gifts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9