Hattie and Mallory Bourn #2 Bourn with a Silver Spoon in their Mouths

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's still a no from me.

She's lived a very cushty life, time to get a real job Hun.
And that’s fair enough, she has had a cushty life, but I know I would be shitting myself if this happened to me and me and my partner work…. And jobs don’t just magic out of thin air for stay at home influencers. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I never thought I would be defending someone so vapid, but there’s sometimes a time for a bit of empathy. Especially when right up to this am they were being told the club would still be saved, that was still being bandied about at lunchtime today. It’s not like they have had three months notice, or will get redendancy pay either, the likelihood is, he might not even get this months wages if it’s like Worcester. i mean, the warning signs have been there, but this has come bloody quick. And I can imagine Joe is under immense pressure right now supporting his lads, they will have double dose of all this.

Reactions: 1
I dont wish her situation on her, but I’m not entirely sure I feel sorry for her. There’s a few rugby WAGs (again. Granted most of the ones I know of are Scottish) who work and, whilst they admit they’re incredibly lucky to be in the position they’re in it could be lost like that *snaps fingers*

BUT on the other hand I don’t think she makes herself particularly likeable by being so vapid and not embracing her fortuateness (not a word 😂 but it’s been a long day and I’m tired) by saying how hard she works etc when a) her ads are wooden af with minimal effort (and mainly undisclosed hello those dresses) and b) her pyjama business isn’t as big as she seems to think

Reactions: 10
If you follow rugby, you must have some empathy. Wasps are a team I like but dont and I still felt really sad reading the club news.
Joe’s stuck by the club for many years even when he could have probably gone to a lot of clubs for stupid amount of money. And yeah, whilst she is silly and spoilt, and clueless, she never asked for the club Joes plays for to screw up finances. No one asks to be made redundant and she will have not only been living with this for a few months, but there’s still no clarity for them.
the rugby world is not a place for the jobless right now. Around 45 players including friends of theirs lost jobs this summer and another 30 or so have lost them two weeks ago. There’s barely any money in most clubs budgets, and Joes spent a bit of time injured. He’s not going to be whipped up next week if he loses his job. She must be shitting herself because this could be it all over. Or it’s a move abroad and for someone who seems to struggle and lonely like she is, leaving the familiarity of the wasps family will kill her.
Even if you don’t like someone, putting yourself on that position, it’s tit scary. And their mortgage etc will be mental, they are for athletes. And Mallory isn’t the most resilient.
And I know I’ve really slated her, and think she can just be so oblivious to the world, but I’d feel for anyone in that position.
Plenty of other people across the country in the same situation but with a lot less money in the bank to see them through.

Reactions: 24
I must be having a soft day 🙈and it’s rubbing off on me from someone I know going through this in their job and how tit they feel.
I felt sorry for everyone and their grandmothers with Worcester too, I even cried and I really can’t stand some of their team. It must be the shock because wasps are an institution. Or nostalgia for the good times of rugby…… especially with the crappy way this has all happened for both clubs
I still think she’s vapid asf, it just feels like a wrong day for a pile on. I’m sure I’ll be back to good old me tomorrow when she’s complaining though.

Joe is clearly from a wealthy family so there will be plenty of money to pay school fees, and I'm sure they must own their house outright.

Reactions: 7
Jesus I hope none of you ever lose your main source of income it must be bleeping horrible. You can’t spend your life expecting everything to be taken away in a heartbeat otherwise the world would be a miserable place but hopefully they have made provisions.

either way I’m sure it’s not a nice situation to be in and going on how quiet she’s been lately it’s obviously been hard for her

Reactions: 9
Joe is clearly from a wealthy family so there will be plenty of money to pay school fees, and I'm sure they must own their house outright.
They should be ok financially sure, although I guess it depends on the mortgage. but it’s more what Joe will do now, and the implications of it all. I mean, he picked up a knock the other day. If he needs physio etc then he might have to pay, he might only be covered so far with private insurance etc.
And then the long term future. There’s something like 600 pro players in the country someone mentioned on a rugby show Sunday. And now there’s about fifty-sixty or so players without jobs in the space of two weeks. Added to the others without jobs who have retired, gone semi pro etc, it’s a lot of jobs. There could be about 100 players being touted round.
and Joe is bloody good, he’s solid, but he’s not a celebrity player, like say Itoje, and he’s on the older end, so teams might not necessarily want to pay for him what he is worth. So it could be a trip abroad next year for them all.
So whilst people are thinking financially for Mallory, getting a job etc, it’s all the other stuff that she will no doubt be thinking about too, could this be his career over?

Reactions: 3
You guys care way too much - people lose their jobs all the time, and probably don’t have hundreds of thousands stashed away in savings. Mallory probably earns more in a half arsed #ad than most of us do in a month - they’ll be fine, stop wasting your time worrying about them.

Reactions: 19
If you follow rugby, you must have some empathy. Wasps are a team I like but dont and I still felt really sad reading the club news.
Joe’s stuck by the club for many years even when he could have probably gone to a lot of clubs for stupid amount of money. And yeah, whilst she is silly and spoilt, and clueless, she never asked for the club Joes plays for to screw up finances. No one asks to be made redundant and she will have not only been living with this for a few months, but there’s still no clarity for them.
the rugby world is not a place for the jobless right now. Around 45 players including friends of theirs lost jobs this summer and another 30 or so have lost them two weeks ago. There’s barely any money in most clubs budgets, and Joes spent a bit of time injured. He’s not going to be whipped up next week if he loses his job. She must be shitting herself because this could be it all over. Or it’s a move abroad and for someone who seems to struggle and lonely like she is, leaving the familiarity of the wasps family will kill her.
Even if you don’t like someone, putting yourself on that position, it’s tit scary. And their mortgage etc will be mental, they are for athletes. And Mallory isn’t the most resilient.
And I know I’ve really slated her, and think she can just be so oblivious to the world, but I’d feel for anyone in that position.
The club has been his life. He turned down more money to stay at Wasps. The only way he is leaving is through this. Hoping they can still be saved otherwise there are lots of backroom staff, players contractors etc all without work.

Rugby is a strange support in that it is more like a family than a club. Dan Robson (Wasps scrum halfs wife) said as such today when she posted about both her dad and husband playing for the club. She has actually been making sure fans are ok too

You guys care way too much - people lose their jobs all the time, and probably don’t have hundreds of thousands stashed away in savings. Mallory probably earns more in a half arsed #ad than most of us do in a month - they’ll be fine, stop wasting your time worrying about them.
There are catering staff, admin staff, backroom staff, academy players, younger players that won't have thousands stashed away, all about to lose jobs. When it happened to Worcester some players literally lost their homes and had to move in with other players.

Reactions: 4
Dan Robson (Wasps scrum halfs wife) said as such today when she posted about both her dad and husband playing for the club. She has actually been making sure fans are ok too
Her and felicity Kvesic are quickly becoming two of my favourite people seeing how much they’ve been fighting for people

I’m so glad I’m not talking to myself about this 😂 I started to question if I was going mad getting the whole issue.
I think there will always be a split on this page, some of us noticed the girls because of the connection to Joe and rugby. And having seen the past month probably get the wider issue not only for English rugby but all over europe tbh….. I’m proper team Jags/kevesic too. Always liked Jags. I’ve never got Matt Kvesic, but mrs K is a force of nature, her media skills have really come to use now! I just feel for wasps fans because they have been here before too, and the way to solve the issue has got them worse in the tit now. And it’s gonna happen again.

I think the Others are here due to Hattie and the wag gang, and probably can never understand the rugby thing might not get it. Fair enough. But It’s not like football where rich foreigners will always invest in clubs to say they own one and league two players get more than the average wage twice over and the staff get rescued. Mallory just dropped on tbh as most wags have to work. And this is so much bigger then spouting she has to get a job. Instagram ads pay sod all in reality, that’s why z listers do so many for crap stuff.
But it doesn’t cost a penny to have a bit of empathy to a proper issue- whining over a new look goody bag is one thing, but a total loss of income and livelihood is another.

Reactions: 2
I’m so glad I’m not talking to myself about this 😂 I started to question if I was going mad getting the whole issue.
I think there will always be a split on this page, some of us noticed the girls because of the connection to Joe and rugby. And having seen the past month probably get the wider issue not only for English rugby but all over europe tbh….. I’m proper team Jags/kevesic too. Always liked Jags. I’ve never got Matt Kvesic, but mrs K is a force of nature, her media skills have really come to use now! I just feel for wasps fans because they have been here before too, and the way to solve the issue has got them worse in the tit now. And it’s gonna happen again.

I think the Others are here due to Hattie and the wag gang, and probably can never understand the rugby thing might not get it. Fair enough. But It’s not like football where rich foreigners will always invest in clubs to say they own one and league two players get more than the average wage twice over and the staff get rescued. Mallory just dropped on tbh as most wags have to work. And this is so much bigger then spouting she has to get a job. Instagram ads pay sod all in reality, that’s why z listers do so many for crap stuff.
But it doesn’t cost a penny to have a bit of empathy to a proper issue- whining over a new look goody bag is one thing, but a total loss of income and livelihood is another.
There’s a few players that I’ve just never understood the point of 😂 (one of which I’ve accidentally said to his face, but that’s a whole other topic). I’ve also told Dan parks that he was tit to his face (but I stand by that. Even though I was 10 at the time 😂😂) maybe I need to stop talking to players 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Influencers get paid really well; I would imagine Mallory is earning 100k or so per year. I do feel for them, though. Joe looks the sensible sort so I’m sure they have savings and investments

There’s a few players that I’ve just never understood the point of 😂 (one of which I’ve accidentally said to his face, but that’s a whole other topic). I’ve also told Dan parks that he was tit to his face (but I stand by that. Even though I was 10 at the time 😂😂) maybe I need to stop talking to players 🤷‍♀️
Oh god! I remember Dan Parks. He was tit to be fair….. and not just because of his pointy sideburns.

Tbh all these comments sympathising with Mallory… how has she acted since there has been rumours of this liquidation….radio silent! Does she go radio silent when she’s flaunting stuff down people’s faces? No. You can’t have it both ways…being a snooty madam and posting meals and holidays out every week then when tit hits the fan expect people to empathise. This happens to people everyday who happen to work their fingers to the bone!

When you think back all those holidays/private schooling/eating out everyday, that happens when you think you are better than the average person- the way you live is a choice and their environments are crashing down to earth about now! She has flaunted this lifestyle and rammed it down people’s throats, without any regard to people that work really hard and don’t have half what she has. She married well that’s it.

Like I said no regard for how hard working people live, spent many years being a stepford housewife

I assure you with a few thousand bit
Influencers get paid really well; I would imagine Mallory is earning 100k or so per year. I do feel for them, though. Joe looks the sensible sort so I’m sure they have savings and investments
sorry no hate but someone with a few thousand bot followers barely get paid- the pay is largely in the gifted itself hence why you see Mallory giving them all to her children/family

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Tbh all these comments sympathising with Mallory… how has she acted since there has been rumours of this liquidation….radio silent! Does she go radio silent when she’s flaunting stuff down people’s faces? No. You can’t have it both ways…being a snooty madam and posting meals and holidays out every week then when tit hits the fan expect people to empathise. This happens to people everyday who happen to work their fingers to the bone!

When you think back all those holidays/private schooling/eating out everyday, that happens when you think you are better than the average person- the way you live is a choice and their environments are crashing down to earth about now! She has flaunted this lifestyle and rammed it down people’s throats, without any regard to people that work really hard and don’t have half what she has. She married well that’s it.

Like I said no regard for how hard working people live, spent many years being a stepford housewife

I assure you with a few thousand bit

sorry no hate but someone with a few thousand bot followers barely get paid- the pay is largely in the gifted itself hence why you see Mallory giving them all to her children/family
She has around 70k followers so will probably get paid advertisements

• Sick
As has been said, it is 'working people' that will also be losing their livlihoods. You also missed the bit where actual players lost homes when Worcester went bust? Most aren't on huge wages for what they do.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 3

I think as much as anything, Mallory isn’t as confident as she portrays, or as a stable mentally as she says. She does struggle with anxiety and this is probably doing her in. So is quiet because of that. And as captains wife, she might have been asked to go steady on why she says above the official stuff. They will know her profile.
And like some of us have said, the market was already crap for players. Some england players have struggled to find clubs this season. There aren’t many clubs who can probably afford him unless it’s for injury cover.
Joe will also be no doubt having to link in with management, the players, the unions, other staff. The fall out of this is massive, and there will be young kids needing a solid bloke like him, because their careers are gone before they start. It’s a lot of stress for anyone, but he will have it all on. And this isn’t a sudden drop, it’s been skated for months, without any clarity for anyone.
And I think despite the ads, the gifts etc, then you have to have some level of empathy for all of that. Empathy she hasn’t actually asked for, but people will feel that way givne that Joe is actually a rather popular player and this whole thing isn’t so simple as it seems

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I don’t have empathy because she was constantly flaunting a lifestyle that was clearly unattainable. I have empathy for people who lose jobs and don’t have thousands stashed away in savings. What sacrifices will they have to make? Not sending their children to the most expensive school/ going out for dinner once/ twice a week instead of every other day. How terrible! The anxiety single parents have to go through because they have never had the support of a partner is who I really feel sorry for. Have to leave this thread it’s absolutely shocking how tone deaf some people are.

The one positive is, maybe in the future her posts won’t be so tone deaf because she might’ve actually had a glimpse in the distance of what real life is like! And actually consider and read the room! Not post about a wealthy lifestyle during a pandemic and financial crash!

People like Mallory only care about their own which is fair enough and is clear from her lack of engagement with her bot followers. I can only assume her luvvies are amongst this thread because anyone with sense can see how difficult it is to have sympathy for someone so ignorant

Hardworking people at least have dignity through hardships, flaunting yourself as better than others, diminishes your credibility and genuineness as a person

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.