Harry Styles - I can’t be the only person who doesn’t like him.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really conflicted over him. I'm a massive One Direction fan and absolutely adored Harry back then, loved Louis as well but it really was all about Harry for me.

And now....just can't relate this Harry to the Harry that bounced about being a prat at 1D concerts wearing skinny jeans and a black t-shirt.

I don't really like his music, I enjoyed seeing him in concert solo the first time but I wouldn't go now. I've been to see Niall and he was brilliant. Still waiting for Louis' as it's been rearranged a million times now but I'm really looking forward to it, his lockdown livestream concert was brilliant.

I hate that we only get Harry Styles the brand, it's all a carefully constructed veneer that doesn't show you any personality. He's as manufactured as any other plastic pop star out there. I couldn't care less about who he wants to shag and don't really see why it has to be a discussion point. He's a big enough star to declare what he will and will not discuss in interviews so could easily shut down those questions even being asked so he's clearly using the ambiguity as part of the brand

Reactions: 9
totally agree with you.. which is why i'm on both this thread and the rave thread. the thing that pisses me off is that his management/team knows that his diehard fans are starving for any sort of crumbs from their savior and they know that just having harry the brand is enough to get the numbers. no fucks given about fan interaction whatsoever. say what you want about 1d's management at that time, but at least they showed appreciation to fans all the time.

Reactions: 3
And he has gone down in alot of the GP's estimation with this debacle with Olivia Wilde.

been to see Niall and he was brilliant
I was never a massive 1D fan, I’m probably too old but it also wasn’t really what I listened to back then, but I know from numerous sources Niall is genuinely one the nicest people you’ll ever meet in the industry.

Reactions: 6
I was never a massive 1D fan, I’m probably too old but it also wasn’t really what I listened to back then, but I know from numerous sources Niall is genuinely one the nicest people you’ll ever meet in the industry.
I'm glad that Niall is as nice as he seems. I love him so much. He would be the first for a 1D reunion, not for the money, but because you could tell he just absolutely loved being on tour with his 3/4 mates just having fun and loving being on stage.

Reactions: 5
His music is meh, his acting is average, I have no interest in his love life or sexuality, and he has huge nostrils which distract me every time I see him.

The epitome of overrated.

Reactions: 14

I love him!! I was never a 1D fan but I've been a fan of his for a couple years now. he's a genuine down to earth lad. Even when fans are rude to him he is so gentle and kind with them

This is why people love him, if you're unsure:

Reactions: 6
Never heard his or 1D's music but his performative existence pisses me off plus I find his face annoying.

Reactions: 1

I love him!! I was never a 1D fan but I've been a fan of his for a couple years now. he's a genuine down to earth lad. Even when fans are rude to him he is so gentle and kind with them

This is why people love him, if you're unsure:

He is the epitome of a fake person literally everything he does is for show. He has no time for his fans online whereas the others are always doing lives or tweeting as people have said. He only cares if you’ve paid $400 for a pit ticket for one of his shows lol

he literally goes out of his way at every show to shake every crew member's hand and personally thank them. He gives paparazzi food and does his best to make sure everyone is safe at his shows. I feel like people really like to hate on him for no reason smh

Nobody is saying he's not a nice person though. I'm sure he is. This however, is a thread populated by people who cannot understand his level of fame and the widespread acclaim he receives for doing things many others have done (better) before him. Just being nice doesn't mean you are beyond critique.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Go to his rave thread then ? The clue is in the title name that people on this one obviously don’t like him

And ? Boris Johnson once made cups of tea for the press outside his house but that doesn’t mean he’s forgiven for stuff he’s done.

Nobody is saying HE isn’t a nice person but that doesn’t mean he is beyond any form of criticism for the way his team have created his brand and stage persona.
I’ve seen him in concert he’s a great performer and he’s got some great songs. The critiques most people have who aren’t die hard fans are with Harry styles as a brand and the decisions made by the yes men who surround him. There’s a reason he’s got the most success solo and that’s purely down to very clever marketing.

Reactions: 11
his whole brand is who he's dating and have ppl wonder about his sexuality

there's no way he's not on social bc of larries. he didn't have a problem with the rumours of him and nick grimshaw. larries bring them money they don't care.
being unapproachable is making him look like a big star but he also got older and prob doesn't want to share his thoughts

yeah definitely i believe jeff told him to act like this even when he was in 1d to prepare for his solo career. it's all marketing,not real.
he was the only one not hanging out with the rest of the band, flying separately and stuff like, he distanced himself.

he's getting money too.
they were all young but he's the only one hanging out with celebs,it was his choice and it helped him get connections in the industry.
he's a businessman

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
he's not taken advantage off. he's a businessman he makes money from this

he's not taken advantage off. he's a businessman he makes money from this
You’re incredibly naive to believe that. Most famous musicians get taken advantage of in some way usually getting screwed over in terms of contracts. This has been a thing for decades. Managers and labels are well known for exploitation and Harry (and 1D) are no different. The only way to avoid this is to be completely independent from the corporate scene.

Sure he makes money but he also makes a lot of other people a heck of a lot more money.

Reactions: 5
I find him a bit creepy now, his persona just doesn’t, for me, come from an authentic place

Reactions: 10
I think Yungblud is better for being a gender non traditional dresser. Though his style is totally different to Harry's.
I agree, I'm a big fan. Almost the other end of the spectrum style wise and feels more authentic (and a lot sexier ). Couldn't see him in a vogue photo shoot

I agree, I'm a big fan. Almost the other end of the spectrum style wise and feels more authentic (and a lot sexier ). Couldn't see him in a vogue photo shoot
Oddly I could see him in UK vogue get him in some McQueen or Westwood or comme des garçons and would be a decent shoot.