Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I dumped this in the general 1D thread but for anyone not following these are prices he’s expecting people to find straight after Xmas.

Lilys

Chatty Member
Anyone seen the video all over twitter of him and Olivia? It’s so odd. I get weird vibes from the pair of them.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
So it's long been Zayn Malik on heroin but now it's Harry on coke. They love the class As do those 1D lads.

tatkik

Think it would depend on a few things.

If he was still Harry from 1D I think he would still be fairly successful. He was probably the fan favourite. He has a good voice and has written (Or part written) some good radio friendly songs. Global superstar like he is debatable as is reliant on a certain image.

If he’d still gone on X factor when he was say 21/22 rather than just turned 16 and made it through to the live shows but not hadn’t won but had made a reasonable impact and gained a fairly substantial loyal following. I could see him having a couple of successful hits and an album or two not necessarily chart topping but top 10/20 before being dropped by a big major label but would probably continue releasing under an independent label until it got to a point it was costing more to make than he was making back in sales/streams.

If he’d had to really work for it with no help from reality tv and being in a boyband then he might have got lucky but timing would’ve been key. There’s quite a few solo male singers about and the market can get oversaturated. So I think to compete and stand out he’d have to have a really unique sound and being doing something different than just man with guitar.

Getting lucky with timing is one of the reasons little mix despite being a fairly standard girlband have managed to stay relevant for the length of time they’ve been active and have the success they’ve had. There’s little to no competition had they tried to make a go in the mid 2000’s they probably wouldn’t as successful because of market saturation.
he's lucky but he's a good businessman and made good connections in the industry which led him to b successful

eliza123

He was 16 when he said that to Matt Cardle. I hardly think that says anything about his own sexuality then or now. If you believe that he is a womaniser then I am not sure you have paid much attention to him or what he has said and done. I would say the opposite and that that narrative has been firmly pushed by the media and PR. It is naive to say that he is a womaniser due to being seen in a photograph with a woman. I shake my head when I hear people regurgitate this sort of stuff. If you have ever worked in PR then you would know it is incredibly basic.

I always say this, but I would gamble large large amounts of money on the fact that he is gay and being advised to hide it. He is hiding it less and less since his 1D days when things were more regimented, but you still have to adhere to certain rules and guidelines if you want regular work. It does make me laugh how people readily believe the narrative fed to them, although I suppose if you know very little about them and have not been told anything to the contrary, you would believe it. In terms of being spotted with men, there has been Louis long term and of course this Xander chap who could well be a significant other. If you know anything about One Direction, you know that Louis and Harry were involved. If is bloody obvious and I still wonder why and how anyone could deny it. It makes me wonder if people are intrinsically homophobic or just blind.

I don't know, I have a friend that works for Song BMG and I have worked in PR in a previous life and when we discuss this, as we have done, we both say we find it funny how people say Harry is supposed to be this lothario and yet there is absolutely no proof of it. Everything we see and hear is to the contrary. But believe what you will and what Heat magazine tells you.....
Yes he was sixteen, and I highly doubt the last eleven years of increased fame and girls fawning over him have adversely affected his mindset lol. I don't know too much about 1D or Harry himself so I think I have a perfect view of the image he's shown to have by media and it's very sexually ambiguous, new age rock&roll it-boy. If his team are trying so hard to project an image of him being a straight sexual 'lothario' they're going pretty wrong. They portray him now as a polite A-lister who steps out of the spotlight. I remember all the old 1D daily mail stuff about inviting girls back to hotel rooms, smoking we*d on tour etc which was backed by sources, video footage. I also think it's kind of insulting to suggest famous men can't be outspokenly gay these days, so many stars are and it doesn't inhibit their success whatsoever so the theory doesn't make any sense? I also work in PR and I know that very few speculated celeb relationships are stunts.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right by any means, but I do think it's a little naïve to believe all his relationships are fake to hide his true sexuality. He's written songs about these girls, shared clothes, had sources confirm the relationships. Be a lot of wasted time travelling around the world with OW for just for a stunt, wouldn't it?

Anyway, like I said my main problem is the sexually ambiguous comments when the only relationships he's had 'confirmed' are with skinny famous girls, mostly blonde, mostly a lot older.

I’m pretty sure his relationship with Nick Grimshaw has been confirmed numerous times by various insiders on the secret celeb gossip threads? I’m sure one of them said that Nick had a picture of the two of them on his fridge in the early days (when he was supposedly with Caroline Flack).
What are the celeb gossip sites you're looking at? I looooove browsing through them. Some of them have been caught out for posting misinformation (Crazy Days and Nights being the main one) but I hope it's true lol. Makes him a bit more interesting. Are they still friends? Supposedly MLM relationships lack the jealousy but none of the passion.

Last edited:

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
the larries are, at this point, utterly delusional.

i have a friend who was/is a a strong larry and ultimately i think at this point they’re annoyed with louis (who has been much more harsh with them) than with harry.

if you were a true larry (ew) then surely you feel completely betrayed by them at the moment? they have nothing stopping them “coming out” (if you believe 1D management was stopping them from doing so) and they both have serious girlfriends right now. what do larries gain from still following them and believing?!
And that they are mugging off their fans quite blatantly too. They have learnt to be shrewd by association with Cowell.

Basic

VIP Member
He’s definitely bi. I know a girl he’s been with, not too long ago either. And like you said, all the other stuff points to him liking men.
Really? That surprises me. I guess it must be very easy for him to have many people if he wants to indulge.