Harry Pickard #5 JD begs and runny eggs, imaginary weight loss and sticks for legs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to follow Mr Daddy Wright when he would show his bag of food for work and he hugely overeats, whether on plan or not. I stopped following because I found it quite unpleasant. It was beyond sustenance and eating for greed. It was things like overnight oats with berries for breakfast, 2 cans of fizzy drink, 2 packs of crisps, 8 pieces of fruit, a tin of spaghetti hoops or beans, hot chocolate, 2 hi fi bars, pack of chicken slices, 2 muller lights. He doesn't show it anymore but his wife is a consultant so maybe she doesn't like it.
Yeah he’s on par with Clare and Amanda for ridiculous portions

Reactions: 3
A colleague of mine did slimming world, had amazing results and then stopped and didn’t eat unhealthily but might have had toast for breakfast and then a sandwich for lunch, 6 weeks later and she’s put on a stone and guess what? Has joined slimming world again!
Not knocking anyone’s success at all and there are lots who keep it off but the all or nothing people of the world do gain
Yep, diets don't work. I don't diet and gained 0lbs over Christmas and ate whatever I wanted.

Reactions: 5
Also I think that Slimming World really is very restrictive so when these slimmers fall off the wagon over the holidays they go absolutely mad, eating everything they're not "allowed" to eat on SW. As the person above said, SW encourages disordered and restrictive eating. I remember myself as soon as I decided I was "off plan" I'd gorge on all the forbidden foods, even when I wasn't hungry, because it felt liberating to actually eat the things I wanted.
Absolutely couldn’t have put it better myself.
it caused me to have a binge and restrict mentality with food.
now calorie counting with a sensible amount of calories, didn’t count all through December and only gained 2lb and I’m a BIG lady

Reactions: 6
Absolutely couldn’t have put it better myself.
it caused me to have a binge and restrict mentality with food.
now calorie counting with a sensible amount of calories, didn’t count all through December and only gained 2lb and I’m a BIG lady
This is why my friend and I stopped going. I did loose quite a bit of weight with slimming word and kept it of for over a year but recently I’ve gained about a stone of it back! Just because I want to eat what I want. I’m not stuffing my face, just being mindful what I eat. We know what’s good / bad for us!

Reactions: 2
A colleague of mine did slimming world, had amazing results and then stopped and didn’t eat unhealthily but might have had toast for breakfast and then a sandwich for lunch, 6 weeks later and she’s put on a stone and guess what? Has joined slimming world again!
Not knocking anyone’s success at all and there are lots who keep it off but the all or nothing people of the world do gain
I think it depends on how Slimming World has changed your attitude to eating...
I follow Slimming World and got to target in July. I basically ate what I wanted in December (holiday at the beginning then Christmas etc) and put on 6lbs.
Completely understand it's a lot more than some of you but I know how to get it off and it's nothing on the 2 stone some have put on!!

Reactions: 7
Yes the foodieslimmer was good at first, then like the others followed the money, then got bored, then back again.... his portions are huge too.....
I wouldn’t say the foodieslimmer followed the money, i’m sure he only does the odd ad for spicentice or one of those.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t say the foodieslimmer followed the money, i’m sure he only does the odd ad for spicentice or one of those.
He only #ad on spicentice and im sure ive seen him say he donates some of that money to charity. I used to follow him, his food looks lovely but for me it is the constant "this dish takes just 10mins to prepare and 15 to cook" thats great and faster than getting a takeaway so if its that simple and fast what are you eating coz you aren't eating that. Plus the quoting himself constantly "lose weight to live life not live life to lose weight - thefoodieslimmer". In essence thats lovely but he does exactly what he says you shouldn't do - constantly off plan for days out and making memories but then puts on weight and has to diet as a result 🙈 unless you are going to a fancy place for a big birthday etc where you would then recall what you ate if it was something special who actually can remember what they ate while making memories at Alton Towers or on holiday abroad? The final nail was stories he took to the national press and applying for his blue tick but he hadn't reached target (although he had done amazingly at that point) and then getting all funny asking others how they got their tick when he knew damn well how but he wanted them to admit they had applied themselves too.I had to unfollow I had enough

Reactions: 2
Harolds 'Perfect Poached Eggs'.... NO Harold it's just a poached egg ... nothing perfect or spectacular about it..... and idiots fawing over him saying 'ooooh how did you cook them so perfect?' 'you should work for egg marketing board' WTAF?!! :rolleyes: 😂 😂 Do they not realise how stupid they sound asking a 22/23 year old boy how to cook an egg ? FFS 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Harolds 'Perfect Poached Eggs'.... NO Harold it's just a poached egg ... nothing perfect or spectacular about it..... and idiots fawing over him saying 'ooooh how did you cook them so perfect?' 'you should work for egg marketing board' WTAF?!! :rolleyes: 😂 😂 Do they not realise how stupid they sound asking a 22/23 year old boy how to cook an egg ? FFS 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
It’s ridiculous 😂 makes me cringe when I see people begging him for his recipe on things in the comments. Always middle aged women. They’re obsessed with getting comments back from a young boy. Especially as they always then reply with “thank you for replying Harry ❤🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s ridiculous 😂 makes me cringe when I see people begging him for his recipe on things in the comments. Always middle aged women. They’re obsessed with getting comments back from a young boy. Especially as they always then reply with “thank you for replying Harry ❤🤮
It is so cringe...... my sons are similar age to him.... I'd be mortified to have women my age fawning all over them.... his food is tit and not healthy in the slightest why are these people so blind and stupid ?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I used to follow Mr Daddy Wright when he would show his bag of food for work and he hugely overeats, whether on plan or not. I stopped following because I found it quite unpleasant. It was beyond sustenance and eating for greed. It was things like overnight oats with berries for breakfast, 2 cans of fizzy drink, 2 packs of crisps, 8 pieces of fruit, a tin of spaghetti hoops or beans, hot chocolate, 2 hi fi bars, pack of chicken slices, 2 muller lights. He doesn't show it anymore but his wife is a consultant so maybe she doesn't like it.
I stopped following after he was defending having a full pack of bacon in one meal! Just because it’s ‘free’ doesn’t mean you can stuff it all down yer gob 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.