Harry & Meghan #85 As the Actress didn't say to the Bishop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there have been those since 1301! I’m Welsh by blood and I have relatives who still harbour resentments towards Edward I and mourn the murders of the last true Welsh princes! The Welsh have long memories! But most people I know quite like Charles and especially like William since he was the first royal to live in Wales since Henry Tudor.
Yup, my mother's family are Welsh and she remembers a lot of talk about it before Charles was made POW 50 years ago.

Kate's not going to ask to become joint monarch with William but she will be legally Queen Consort, assuming the monarchy is still around.

Kate didn't go around holding her bump but there was a lot of people accusing her of "faking" HG because she was lazy and her weight and criticising the fact that the tabs reported Carol was going to move in with them and all that nonsense. Right before she announced she was pregnant people had started openly saying they must be having trouble conceiving because they had been married two years and no baby.

And that's not getting into the decade of abuse (not rudeness) she received for being PWs girlfriend whilst being a normal 20 something, not being an aristocrat who was training to be a doctor, runs a charity, speaks 5 languages and had lived in a convent all her life.

Re: Piers, if he can hold his temper he should be alright but I'm not sure this is a great idea especially with Tucker Carlson but we'll see.

Reactions: 29
A doggie diversion from c. 1994. Sorry - off topic but İ love the way the corgis keep popping out of the car like rabbits out of a hat....

Oh no😱
Don’t give Megs ideas
She will be popping out a string of dolly’s

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Wills and Catherine did their stint in Anglesey post wedding, and by all accounts seemed to be very happy there and well accepted. I hope that's a good omen for the next Prince & Princess of Wales...

Reactions: 35
Unless a future King George VII was also married to a Katherine then the precedent is that she would continue to be Queen Katherine.

All dowager Queen's Consort have except, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother have continued to use their own title. Queen Adelaide, Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary are the most recent examples.

Reactions: 13
Speaking of titles...I learned recently that the Queen Mum was only called that because she retained her title of Queen after her husband died...and not because she was the Queen’s mum, which is what I always thought 😊

So, Kate - if she survives William when George is king - will be the Queen Mum, not the King Mum!

I expect you all knew that, but just in case, I thought it was interesting.
She could always follow Margaret Beaufort's (Henry VII's mum) example and be My Lady the King's Mother.

Reactions: 13
Unless a future King George VII was also married to a Katherine then the precedent is that she would continue to be Queen Katherine.

All dowager Queen's Consort have except, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother have continued to use their own title. Queen Adelaide, Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary are the most recent examples.
She was Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother to differentiate her from Queen Elizabeth - with Queen Mary as well, awful lot of queens, only one monarch. As we will have Kings for the forseeable, no need for another Queen Mother

Reactions: 17
The default should be
Her Royal Majesty Queen Consort Catherine VI
Its not clear if they may go the Spanish Royal way.

Reactions: 8
There are hundreds of threads here - come over to Katie Price - Wu Tien would have loads of fodder for re-writing songs and the rest of you with your forensic brains would have loads of implants and wigs to comb through 🔎 :ROFLMAO:
Excuse me !!! Wu Tien is OURS!! He's NOT allowed to stray onto other threads, be unfaithful or sing songs to Katie Price or Dr Shola fans. Capeesh? 👹😡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I love knowing that when the time comes Catherine will be 'Crowned' in her own ceremony, I can hear the green eyed monster gnashing from the States already at the thought of it!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm jumping ahead and I'm rather bank holiday pissed, so I've had a great idea: The Queen, makes a county called Poundland and Smez can be appointed as the Poundland Princess!
They should be Prince and Princess of Wally World

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is from Quora and it is da bomb!!

Will Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's daughter be in line of succession? I thought I read something about having to be baptized into the Church of England to be in the line of succession.
Submission accepted by L JuliaSee parent question
Sue Ivy
March 27
Writer (1985–present)

At the rate Harry and Meghan are spending their money, the only line their daughter is going to be standing in, is the food line.
What happened to the $100 million dollar deal with Netflix and all of those projects about ‘female empowerment’ Meghan was pitching to them? Of course, Meghan will be raising her daughter to be a “feminist” just like “mommy” - but that’s going to be a little tricky for Meghan to pull off, since her “female empowerment” has only come through men.
And the $30 million deal with Spotify? Their first podcast fell to #200 on the charts and they haven’t done another one since - could it be that listeners really didn’t buy the whole “Archie say ‘Happy New Year” word fest? Yeah, and his first word was ‘crocodile’. Keep digging the hole, Harry and Meghan!
No more offers for voice-over work after the Disney Elephant debacle? Voice-over work is relatively easy work for actors, if you’re good at it.
Meghan could get work on the Soaps, she’s done that, so no reason not to get work there.
Speaking of soap, since she supposedly “singlehandedly” changed sexist advertising, Meghan could at least be selling unisex gloves to wash all those dishes. How hard could that be?
And don’t forget the little “faux” latte contraption Oprah said she’d add to her “favorite list” - she just didn’t get it in time - of course, she didn’t.
And Meghan will always be able to get work for her talent in calligraphy! That was fake too? No biggie, they can give all the neighborhood kiddies plane rides around their back yard - their plane got repossessed? Nooo, it even had their names across it so everyone could see how rich they are…bummer.
But all is not lost! Harry has taken a job telling others how to cope with their mental disorders. What a brilliant move! He’s never recovered from his own mental health problems, so it stands to reason that he should be telling others how to.
It’s been rumored that he’s suffering from “Stockholm syndrome” from living with a narcissistic wife who also suffers from mental disorders…now which ones are they…NPD, Sociopath…ASPD…Suicide…so many to choose from!
And Harry has landed yet another job! He’s going to be working for a US ‘think tank’ that will explore the state of the media and “false information” - that’s right, Harry wants to pass a law that says you can only say or write what Harry and Meghan want you too - it’s called the Harry and Meghan “truth or lie” act.
What Harry and Meghan want the most is to be influencers, to have an “impact” on society - well, no disappointment there! They went on world wide television and ambushed the Queen - of our biggest ally country - and attempted to blackmail and extort her for more money, bigger titles, more security and more perks, and if she didn’t give into their demands, they threatened to do another tell-all “interview” with their “bestie” Oprah.
Meghan was in her element - no one there to refute her words, she even feigned a tear, telling Oprah how awful the royal family was to her - now, only A-list actors can cry on cue, so maybe Hollywood really didn’t see the true Meghan - or maybe they did - since she has had no A-list offers that she was sure would come from trashing her in-laws on the world stage.
Then the heavens opened and Harry appeared, such a sad little angel. He started moaning about how he was cut off financially from his family. He wasn’t cut off from his family, he was cut off from the financial family business, because Harry and Meghan decided that they no longer wanted to be working royals.
He and Meghan announced that they were leaving the royal family business to become independently wealthy. They didn’t want any money from the tax payers.
What they did want, was to make money off of their royal titles - which they had just quit! Ooops! Didn’t think of that.
Their plan was to be “roving royals”, flitting around the world and sharing their personal ‘manifestos’, telling people how they should their lives - all the while being supported financially from the job - working royals - they had just quit.
But Harry and Meghan didn’t understand one simple little thing about quitting your job - that when you quit your job, all the money, ’round the clock security, titles and tiaras go back to the Crown - your boss. Who you just quit.
It’s like saying, “I don’t want to work for you anymore but I want you to keep paying all of my bills, private jets, bodyguards, titles, tiaras and all the perks, so I don’t have to dip into my personal inheritance of millions of dollars.”
They wanted to walk away and do what they wanted to do and expected the English tax payers to keep funding their lavish lifestyle - in America!
So, these two turtle doves thought the British citizens were going to financially support them while they were in America - and they did for a year, which the Queen supported and gave them with her blessing.
Then in January, they told the Queen that they did not want to go back to be working royals. The Queen accepted it and told them they would have to return their titles, they would no longer receive any more funding from the tax payers and they were no longer eligible for security because they were no longer living in Britain and they were no long working royals.
Working Royals - Money, Security, Titles, Tiaras
Non working Royals - Christmas cards
The hardest part was watching their private jet get repossessed. Seeing it fly away with their names on it - gut wrenching.
Aren’t these two sweet, in their own delusional, demented way?

So, what color will their baby girl be? Will she have titles? And where will their daughter be in the “line of succession?”
No one really knows for sure, but I hope she likes chicken noodle soup

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
why wouldn't she be the next Princess of Wales? Technically, the current one is Camilla, but for obvious reasons, she opted out due to Diana
Because Harry is not the Prince of Wales and never will be the Prince of Wales.

Reactions: 10
And I have love for Royals. Even though their predecessors ruled us for like more than 200 years, I have no qualms against the current Royals. Also, I share my birthday with Queen's coronation.
The interesting thing is that because think it was Edward IV or least one of his offspring I cant remember which, was illigitmate, Tony Robinson did a show based on research into what really happened even Shakespeare (was well the acting company he largely owned really was called the Lord Chamberlains Men originally, then least by 1603 was called the Kings Men since James VI and by then I raised it to royal patronage) wrote about it though had to be very circumspect about it or could end up being executed as Edward think it was had a thing about getting rid of anyone questioning his legitimacy if thats the accurate, meaning all since then have been the very same

I 'think' that Catherine being the wife of the heir presumptive will be crowned Queen when the time comes? Like the QM, who was The Queen before George VI died? So no mucking about with 'consort'. Camilla would also be entitled to that role, given that she is married to the current heir presumptive - but perhaps they are being sensitive to public opinion still.
That was Elizabeth was George VI's spouse (actually George VI was named Albert at birth but changed his name as is customary sometimes for them to honour a predecessor, likely in-light of his father (George V) saying Edward would ruin himself within a year and he did just that, largely due to well the large reason for his abdication was that (dont think it was purely for this reason) she was an American and a twice divorcee (more on the latter) when the C of E at the time didnt allow marriages to a divorcee (disregarding twice divorcee's) when their former spouse was still alive at the time,would have been an embarrassment on the C of E with him being the titular head of the church, still is now one has to ask the permission of the bishop,as its only since the 21st century (though thats likely been breached informally) thats been allowed under exceptional circumstances

Despite the gov't least for weeks prior to his abdication tried to find numerous ways to get him abdicated for various reasons even MI5 had from what I can remember watching about his reign an assassination attempt, only they chose a mentally unstable man who ended up being sentenced to Broadmoor think it was

I am not sure what you mean by Catherine “asking to be a legal queen”
Yeah I dont know really if thats at all something that can happen or not was years ago I think I either heard or more likely read about that but yeah I really don't know, rather though Catherine wont have the same legal rights as their spouse when William becomes King (same as Camilla when Charles succeeds his mother, its not really a question if it'll happen more when since its the Act of Succession is set out in law, like something that still happens with the hereditary aristocracy called primogeniture when all the assets go to the heir, though I dont know if the Monarch has any powers to overrule Charles that and what it'd mean by parliament or really the gov't, is like kind of though with the defeat of Harold Godwinson in 1066 the Norman Conquest, Edward the Confessor essentially promised William the Conqueror line of succession but for whatever reason that didnt happen, is why the English Monarch thereafter believed they had rights to French least some land) neither of them will be authorised legally to sign gov't bills into law

Another fact lol is Harold Godwinson being the final Anglo-Saxon monarch, was his predecessor was patronised St Edward, is the name given to the Monarchs coronation crown, different to the Imperial State Crown, the St Edwards crowns only worn once for their coronation

Not sure how I made that mistake about catherine not being monarch well not in that literal sense that means they have the same legal right as William which they don't she'll be Queen Consort, as someone said and corrected me at least in the same way that though is titled differently is Prince Consort is Philip

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Speaking of titles...I learned recently that the Queen Mum was only called that because she retained her title of Queen after her husband died...and not because she was the Queen’s mum, which is what I always thought 😊

So, Kate - if she survives William when George is king - will be the Queen Mum, not the King Mum!

I expect you all knew that, but just in case, I thought it was interesting.
So not Queen of Mum, but been Queen and is also Mum of new Monarch.
Like Queen (RtP), Mum de Monarch.
:sneaky:

Reactions: 7
Betty could call up PM and say "you know when you asked One to prorogue Parliament? Well One has a bit of a rogue Pro causing One some problems so can you just slip a little Parliamentary event sharpish for One? Ta"
BoJo: ‘Well Ma’m, we have a little tunnel going spare...’
HMTQ: ‘No, you dolt, my peeps won’t fall for that. One’s hands must be clean. Get Black Rod back from gardening leave, crank up the democracy mob & get me some papers through the legal wringer. Just get it done’

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A doggie diversion from c. 1994. Sorry - off topic but İ love the way the corgis keep popping out of the car like rabbits out of a hat....

This is wonderful! Love the way the officer at the foot of the steps salutes the last two Corgis! ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The interesting thing is that because think it was Edward IV or least one of his offspring I cant remember which, was illigitmate, Tony Robinson did a show based on research into what really happened even Shakespeare (was well the acting company he largely owned really was called the Lord Chamberlains Men originally, then least by 1603 was called the Kings Men since James VI and by then I raised it to royal patronage) wrote about it though had to be very circumspect about it or could end up being executed as Edward think it was had a thing about getting rid of anyone questioning his legitimacy if thats the accurate, meaning all since then have been the very same

That was Elizabeth was George VI's spouse (actually George VI was named Albert at birth but changed his name as is customary sometimes for them to honour a predecessor, likely in-light of his father (George V) saying Edward would ruin himself within a year and he did just that, largely due to well the large reason for his abdication was that (dont think it was purely for this reason) she was an American and a twice divorcee (more on the latter) when the C of E at the time didnt allow marriages to a divorcee (disregarding twice divorcee's) when their former spouse was still alive at the time,would have been an embarrassment on the C of E with him being the titular head of the church, still is now one has to ask the permission of the bishop,as its only since the 21st century (though thats likely been breached informally) thats been allowed under exceptional circumstances

Despite the gov't least for weeks prior to his abdication tried to find numerous ways to get him abdicated for various reasons even MI5 had from what I can remember watching about his reign an assassination attempt, only they chose a mentally unstable man who ended up being sentenced to Broadmoor think it was

Yeah I dont know really if thats at all something that can happen or not was years ago I think I either heard or more likely read about that but yeah I really don't know, rather though Catherine wont have the same legal rights as their spouse when William becomes King (same as Camilla when Charles succeeds his mother, its not really a question if it'll happen more when since its the Act of Succession is set out in law, like something that still happens with the hereditary aristocracy called primogeniture when all the assets go to the heir, though I dont know if the Monarch has any powers to overrule Charles that and what it'd mean by parliament or really the gov't, is like kind of though with the defeat of Harold Godwinson in 1066 the Norman Conquest, Edward the Confessor essentially promised William the Conqueror line of succession but for whatever reason that didnt happen, is why the English Monarch thereafter believed they had rights to French least some land) neither of them will be authorised legally to sign gov't bills into law

Another fact lol is Harold Godwinson being the final Anglo-Saxon monarch, was his predecessor was patronised St Edward, is the name given to the Monarchs coronation crown, different to the Imperial State Crown, the St Edwards crowns only worn once for their coronation

Not sure how I made that mistake about catherine not being monarch well not in that literal sense that means they have the same legal right as William which they don't she'll be Queen Consort, as someone said and corrected me at least in the same way that though is titled differently is Prince Consort is Philip
Kate will never be the monarch - William will. So, no, she will not have the same legal rights as him. Consort just means “spouse”. Together they will be the King & Queen just as much as Henry 8 & Anne Boleyn were, or George 6 & Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (the current queen’s parents) were.

A king always has a queen. A queen has a prince because “king” is a more senior title & the monarch cannot have a spouse with a more senior title. Hence Prince Albert with Victoria & Prince Philip with Elizabeth 2.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.