Harry & Meghan #448 What's The Appeal?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the Royal Rhodent with a tiara and the Stunna Redhead on the right!

Interesting D Mail article about the Balcony lineups over the years.

2022 (HM's last one), there were 18 royals but no gaps.
2023 there were 14 royals, with a big gap separating the senior royals from the Duke of Kent and the Gloucesters on the right.
2024 there were 15 royals, with a gap between the Gloucesters and the senior royals on the left, and a gap between the senior royals and Princess Anne, Timothy Lawrence and the Duke of Kent on the right.

D Mail said this may be making a clear point about the future of the RF, "between senior working royals and those lesser-known".
Why leave a gap between Anne and the main group? She works tirelessly and so do both Gloucesters quietly with no fuss. They must have been told to stand away from the others?
Then the Duke of Kent, a stalwart who's been in the role for 50 years and still carries out duties on behalf of the Monarch.

HM never had gaps, and the Balcony was jammed with the whole lot of them. Maybe too many, but I don't like the gaps now she's gone and don't know what the message is here.
I think the working Royals should be allowed to have their children and grandchildren on the balcony, so Anne should have had Peter and Zara and their families, the Gloucesters should have had their families etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

2023 there were 14 royals, with a big gap separating the senior royals from the Duke of Kent and the Gloucesters on the right.
2024 there were 15 royals, with a gap between the Gloucesters and the senior royals on the left, and a gap between the senior royals and Princess Anne, Timothy Lawrence and the Duke of Kent on the right.

D Mail said this may be making a clear point about the future of the RF, "between senior working royals and those lesser-known".
Why leave a gap between Anne and the main group? She works tirelessly and so do both Gloucesters quietly with no fuss. They must have been told to stand away from the others?
Then the Duke of Kent, a stalwart who's been in the role for 50 years and still carries out duties on behalf of the Monarch.

HM never had gaps, and the Balcony was jammed with the whole lot of them. Maybe too many, but I don't like the gaps now she's gone and don't know what the message is here.

Quite right Cinny. HM filled the balcony with her grandchildren, working or not. We're used to seeing them all, so Charles could have included Zara and Mike as they are popular and sometimes do represent him. Also Huge and Beetroot could have been included.

Anyways, if Fergie and Andrew had been there A would have filled all gaps to make room for his ever expanding waistline. 😂

It was, after all, a family affair. So workers or workshy I really don't care any more, as long as the Cali Idiots stay away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

the gaps were poignant - think it was to spread them along to take up the space. Lady Louise seems to be stepping up to take a major role, maybe she has chosen to work for The Firm when she completes her education. PAndy and/or his 2 have no place at all, nor Zara or Peter. We know the latter have declined a role - but the absence of Bea & Eug is telling.

Reactions: 26
Lovely fathers day pic of William with his children
‘A sweet nod’ to all the Harkles back view photos? A photo that nobody can pull to bits saying it’s photoshopped?

Whether the above was intentional or not it is nevertheless a very sweet pic ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I’m not trying to offend you but you’re being a real negative harbinger of doom right now, can you maybe try to find a bit of positivity, please
---

What not a jam butty???? 😆
Catherine looks a great deal better than in her video of March, only 3 months ago. Disregarding make-up yesterday, she looked completely different and confident she could carry the day which she did. She'd never have chanced it if she thought she'd fail.
She even had a glow, and it wasn't blusher, and she and William showed the world what to do with their "Rose affair" and "abuse" rumours. There's often a hidden good in bad situations, and her illness has clearly shown us where the future of our Monarchy lies. If William can quietly shed WEF and avoid being drawn into a Sussex trap by his father he'll be OK.

One big thing (for me here personally) is that we can trust William, who promised us she was getting better and she was despite the total lack of updates. A silent PR feat based only on honesty, with no spin and RR experts. Completely different to the conflicting reports about KC, which imo have been a load of smoke and mirrors since February and too much daily updating about his illness.

For me if he can be dishonest about the Flatpacks he can be dishonest about anything. Someone either has integrity or they don't. William has.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think the working Royals should be allowed to have their children and grandchildren on the balcony, so Anne should have had Peter and Zara and their families, the Gloucesters should have had their families etc.
I agree. With the gaps it's starting to look as if people are in cliques. No harm is having more people especially children filling up the balcony and making everything more jolly. Weren't the new rules only started so that H&M wouldn't be able to appear and that's not going to happen anyway now. I think it all looked rather sad this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Well done @wisebutwild !!! - wasn't it you who called this earlier?? x
Different jam!

If Harry was drinking and smoking at the age of 11, he was just a child. Why did nobody stop him and why did they hide it? Not surprising he grew up crazy.
Well, exackly!! Those boys were long-arm parented and parented by a string of proxies like nannies, kitchen staff, RPOs and Marco and Tiggy . Their actual parents were too busy, one way or other. It may have more than a tad to do with why William's such a hands-on dad. Hazno was a child who seriously needed 24/7 real parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Reactions: 29
Are you teaching your old dog new tricks?

1718540894911.jpeg

Don't break it's legs, Reward it...
... With a Jammy Dogger.

Jammy Doggers are the new exciting product from ASBO ARO.
Available in two vet approved flavours, Strawberry and Raspberry.

And why not try our spitable range...

1718541564879.jpeg

... for fast acting Jammy Dogger relief.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.