Harry & Meghan #438 it's life, Jam, but not as we know it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New DM story, KC named as new patron of Cancer Research UK

OMG just realised this is one of the hospitals that belongs to the Trust I work for and I didn't know! Apparently it was all top secret and only a handful of people were told. I was in the office around the corner as well so could have invited them up for a cup of tea!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
OMG just realised this is one of the hospitals that belongs to the Trust I work for and I didn't know! Apparently it was all top secret and only a handful of people were told. I was in the office around the corner as well so could have invited them up for a cup of tea!
You could have shown him your IKEA catalogue so he could see the latest pictures of his grandchildren.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Must
Try
Harder to get the tea for tattlers 😅😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Actually, I think that is right! It's so long since I've done it properly that I've forgotten, sorry chaps. I end letters or more likely emails nowadays with Cheers or Regards. Or sometimes Best Wishes. How times have changed. Sad commentary...
I'm in the same boat @TickTickTick. There was something to be said for those more formal days...☹

Perhaps that's what I like about the RF: Good manners/good breeding for the working royals. A respect for "polite" society without false pretense. A sense of how the standards of correct behavior don't change with the wind.

Contrast and compare with the 'dasterdly duo.'

Blech. 🤥🤢🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 28
She is not getting any bump from Jamfest '24 (and has not reposted any of the posts on the ARO social media - I guess because most people put it in their Stories vs Main Feed. I don't know if you can share Stories, which disappear after 24 hours)

1714481939764.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I watched the ‘white’ diatribe by Scotland’s leader yesterday. humza+yousaf+white+speech&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=

I wonder when Prince Harry goes to Nigeria if he will demand racial diversity in THEIR government. Or doesn’t their moral imperative work both ways?
Im glad this video is getting seen around the globe, and hopefully seen for what it is! you know the Scottish government official written records in Scotland have added the word "IS"before every time he say's white!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

Well this exciting news. A Cambridge Professor thinks he's found some alien life.

I think we should all campaign for the Harkles to jet off as our representatives to this lovely planet now 😀 although we don't want the aliens to be markled, some potential grifting opportunities must beckon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I have been wondering about this. I didn’t think ‘Nigerian’ was, as a blanket, an entire ethnicity? There are several as far as I’m aware but I can be quite clumsy when I phrase things so I tend not to ask.
You're right, 'Nigeria' is simply the (former colonial) name for a very large area of land.

Being ignorant myself, I did a quick shufti and found this:

Nigeria is a very ethnically diverse country with 371 ethnic groups, the largest of which are the Hausa, Yoruba and the Igbo. Nigeria has one official language which is English, as a result of the British colonial rule over the nation. Nevertheless, it is not spoken as a first language in the entire country

Smeg (aka Mrs 371!) is either a complete idiot or she cooked up a way to use a whole country!

If she's had her DNA tested, they would have found the markers for specific ethnic groups. Companies like Ancestry have become really good at that because of the number of African Americans seeking their family origins.

It would be correct (and much cooler!) to say 'I'm from the Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Kanuri people/groups/tribes'. There are quite possibly many DNA-tested African Americans rolling their eyes at her because she sounds plain ignorant with her 'I'm 43% Nigerian'!

African Americans don't generally use the former colonial name of a country to identify with, they proudly give their tribes' or people's names

The other thing I know from following many AA DNA stories is that it's rare for the DNA of an African American to come from just one modern country or area.

Fun facts about Oprah's DNA!
Kpelle people (modern day Liberia)
Bamileke people (modern day Cameroon)
Bantu-speaking people (modern day Zambia)
8% of her DNA is Native American
3% of her DNA is East Asian

Mrs 371's DNA profile is more likely to be like Oprah's but with a higher %age of European than African markers.

See also e.g. Prof Henry Gates Jnr. - Finding your Roots, very informative and moving TV programmes tracing people's African heritage. Many on YT.

(Oooops! didn't mean to write a whole thing about this! I just really love all this family history/heritage stuff!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Whilst we joke about the Harkles staging a kidnapping in Nigeria...
It is perhaps worth remembering that part of Harrys case for IPP status was that if anything should happen to him it would damage the prestige of the United Kingdom.

Just saying...
---
Murky Meg...

Reactions: 29
It is perhaps worth remembering that part of Harrys case for IPP status was that if anything should happen to him it would damage the prestige of the United Kingdom.

Just saying...
---
Murky Meg...

Sorry, but personal responsibility comes into play here, Hasno! If you stay away from lawless countries/areas, then you are unlikely to be kidnapped or shot at. Dear Lord, if you want protection in the UK because you don’t want to hear booing, then travelling to Nigeria on a faux royal freebie is a pretty stupid choice.

• Sick
Reactions: 46

Just saying...
---
Murky Meg...

But shouldn’t he have consulted with whoever ( he thinks) is responsible for his overseas security or at least the UK Foreign Office about the wisdom of travelling to Nigeria?
Then if he still decides to go then an announcement can be made that he went even though advised no to do so

Reactions: 33
So…I got to talk to General B just a bit ago and this is how the conversation went (as he was signing our guest book: ) The convo also roped-in my general as well, so here it is!

Me: Hey Sir! I understand you were at the Warrior Games with Prince Harry.

Him: Yes, I sure was!

Me: I have a friend in the UK who wanted me to ask you what he was really like because she thinks he’s a Schmuck!

Him: (chuckling) Well, when I was sitting with him, he was very polite and personable; laid back and relaxed. He even sent me a hand-written thank you note several days later which impressed me, but when he left from where we were sitting and talking I saw him completely change his demeanor; he was very different; like a politician.

Me: How do you mean, Sir?

Him: I got a whole new viewpoint on how these non-profits work and it’s all about politics. He was very personable to me, but again, I’d heard he was, as you put it, a “Schmuck.”

My General: When I was over in the UK that’s all everyone was talking about-how horrible Harry was. What did he do?

Me: He threw his Grandmother, the late Queen, under the bus Sir!

My General: Nobody should throw Grandma under the bus! How is it you know so much, anyway?

Me: I know people, Sir. They talk. A LOT!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She is not getting any bump from Jamfest '24 (and has not reposted any of the posts on the ARO social media - I guess because most people put it in their Stories vs Main Feed. I don't know if you can share Stories, which disappear after 24 hours)

View attachment 2906532

The problem is none of these people are popular POPULAR.

She needs Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, the Biebers, the Hadids, the young Kardashians, Ronaldo, Messi...

Basically, she needs people who will never give her a second thought. Nobody actually cares about old Kris Jenner. People care about Kim, Kylie, Kendall...

Even Beyonce with all her influence has a "failed" brand. Ivy Park. (Not really failed, it just didn't do as well as expected). So to expect the likes of Tracee, Chrissy and a bunch of other people we don't know to lift a brand of JAM is ludicrous.

Get a job, Old Meg.

• Haha
So…I got to talk to General B just a bit ago and this is how the conversation went (as he was signing our guest book: ) The convo also roped-in my general as well, so here it is!

Me: Hey Sir! I understand you were at the Warrior Games with Prince Harry.

Him: Yes, I sure was!

Me: I have a friend in the UK who wanted me to ask you what he was really like because she thinks he’s a Schmuck!

Him: (chuckling) Well, when I was sitting with him, he was very polite and personable; laid back and relaxed. He even sent me a hand-written thank you note several days later which impressed me, but when he left from where we were sitting and talking I saw him completely change his demeanor; he was very different; like a politician.

Me: How do you mean, Sir?

Him: I got a whole new viewpoint on how these non-profits work and it’s all about politics. He was very personable to me, but again, I’d heard he was, as you put it, a “Schmuck.”

My General: When I was over in the UK that’s all everyone was talking about-how horrible Harry was. What did he do?

Me: He threw his Grandmother, the late Queen, under the bus Sir!

My General: Nobody should throw Grandma under the bus! How is it you know so much, anyway?

Me: I know people, Sir. They talk. A LOT!
So he's not a twit then :p

Well done secret squirrel, keep up the good work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Will she make a speech about how underprivileged her childhood was? Will she tell the soap story again?

I just got promoted to VIP - I am going for the cheese puffs!
I have replenished the cheesy poof stash in the VIP room after binge eating quite a few packs. Sorry everyone!
I got the M&S own brand which are soft but could do with being slightly more cheesy. Much better than Sainsbury’s own brand which takes off a layer of skin from the roof of your mouth when you eat them.

Enjoy - and welcome!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.