Harry & Meghan #408 Flop Gun - I feel the need, the need for weed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Prince Harry has withdrawn his libel claim against the Mail on Sunday publisher, Associated Newspapers says.
The Duke of Sussex, 39, had sued over an article about his publicly-funded security arrangements when visiting the UK after stepping back as a senior royal.
In an article on the Daily Mail website the paper said he had "abandoned his case" hours before a court deadline.
It said the prince would be liable for the publisher's £250,000 legal costs.
The prince has been contacted for comment.
The Mail on Sunday article had reported on changes to the prince's publicly-funded security that had happened after he had stopped being a working royal and had moved to the United States.
In this long-running libel case, the prince has claimed the story falsely suggested he had "lied" and "cynically" tried to manipulate public opinion.
The headline said the duke had "tried to keep his legal fight with the government over police bodyguards a secret".
Last month, Prince Harry lost part of the legal battle after his lawyers failed to persuade a judge to throw out a strand of Associated Newspapers' defence.
---
Can someone remind me which lawsuit this is?

was it the one that he took the stand for last summer? or is it one of the other ones?

I cannot keep track regardless of how much I try
This was a lawsuit regarding coverage of his lawsuit - he'd sued the Home Office, DM had said he hadn't offered to pay for police protection, so he'd sued DM.

Anyway, he tried to keep the legal fight a secret? Forget the government being involved, not even private citizens can keep their legal fights "secret". Once the papers are filed, they become a matter of public record (unless expunged or related to children or the Official Secrets Act/equivalent etc, but there are protocols in place to decide that - it would differ from country to country).

He thinks it is his birthright to be co-king, when he has zero idea of how the law or anything works. His grandmother/father's government and judiciary! 🤦

Stick to coking ❄, Sparry. Fly high. That's all you can do 🙄 Oh and if you want to appear on Orca tomorrow whingeing about how Tattlers' comments and expectations that you are good for only ❄ led you to ❄, we'll claim our share of the money you'll get for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
To @Amiyaya and @Hannahebee, sorry for being dense but why do you reckon that Hazno is coming back?
Honestly it's just a feeling that I have and with him dropping the case against the Mail on Sunday it just feels like it is building up to him announcing that he is coming back to the UK without Meghan.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
the Board of Lady Aviators examine the latest recruit to the ranks of Living Legends of Aviation - nope, not one brain cell - he'll have to pay up front

1705678239624.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Honestly it's just a feeling that I have and with him dropping the case against the Mail on Sunday it just feels like it is building up to him announcing that he is coming back to the UK without Meghan.
Will be interesting to see if they show up together tonight for the awards and more importantly their body language. She can always have that stupid grin on her face, he however cant fake it

• Heart
Reactions: 35
£750k costs! Hahahaha!!! The man is an idiot with bad advisors.
Without trying to be a poncy git , …everyone thinks you can get millions in UK libel cases but there’s a cap on the compensation ….so to spend £750K on legal fees is outrageous !!!!!

The current ceiling for damages awards in libel actions is £300 K as per Mr Justice WARBY ( 👋 hello again !!!!) decision in 2017 in Barron v Collins “

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
It’s the perfect storm - he gets to ride in like a hero to help pa and Willie, he’s no longer suing anyone because that wasn’t his idea it was Ms and the Americans work differently than us ya know; I can’t think how to explain it but yes I do think it’s going to happen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
ok chaps, it's a difficult one - for him to get his award we need to try to pinpoint exactly where in the mid-Atlantic PH could have been spotted in the cockpit...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
This little snippet was deleted from the Orca interview:

That is a scary level of jealousy she has for Catherine :oops:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
It’s the perfect storm - he gets to ride in like a hero to help pa and Willie, he’s no longer suing anyone because that wasn’t his idea it was Ms and the Americans work differently than us ya know; I can’t think how to explain it but yes I do think it’s going to happen.
If he does come back, and I think it’s possible, the press will have a field day. All kinds of things will come out that he hoped had been hidden and he won’t be able to stop it and the men in grey won’t help him.
The RF will care for him, possibly after some kind of rehab, but he will never be a working Royal. He’ll probably end up living quietly at Sandringham or Balmoral, no where abroad because he can’t be trusted.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.