Harry & Meghan #342 Princess Anne Featherweight Champion of the UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a bit disappointed in all the hot takes of ‘what a strange coronation’ from people who don’t seem to get its 1000 years old. The Bible was 1500 years old. Should we throw away all of it because of gen z not having any clue about history? An American commentator said that ‘coming from the separation of church and state in the us this was really weird’.

The church has little say in politics, the head of state is very tied to the cofe. Whereas in America they swear before god for everything and religious fundamentalism has a huge sway in the Republican Party.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
We know why Harry went he needs another chapter of his book/epsiode of his netflix borefest!

• Sick
Reactions: 40
10mins from me too! Though very little has been made public about it-a lot of locals thought it was a statue (cue lots of ranting about the park not even having working bathrooms). Lovely to see what it actually is and that it will have a purpose
Mum was saying the old bowling club is being turned into a cafe for it, so hopefully it’ll have all the amenities around it when it’s done, instead of having to walk round to Loughshore park to find a loo 😆 I’ll be going down to see it when it’s done, the planting for it sounds lovely 🌸🌼🌷🌻

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm still not great but I'm popping in to say which moment of the coronation is clearly stuck in my head. It's the moment when Charles stood in a linen shift and was shorn of all his magnificent robes and furs. For a moment he stood there looking like an elderly man and a vulnerable man. It could have been a photo of an elderly man in a hospital ward, or some other place where you wear a linen shift 🤷‍♀️ Hopefully you get my drift.
It was a very poignant moment for me. Here, an ordinary man, about to accept the mantle of King.
So that's what stuck in my head. I'm off back to the Cave of Gloom. Love to everyone and I am keeping people in my healings spells. ❤
I wholeheartedly agree with you Cass xx
Such a special moment, for His Majesty as a King , but moreso as a man, taking on a huge responsibility.
He did look so vulnerable 🥺

Hope you're feeling much better, and soon xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I was wondering why Harry looked kind of ...dirty? I guess? yesterday, and I think it's largely because his hair isn't nice and sleek like when he was young, it's now quite frazzled and thinning, so with the scraggly beard and thinning hair, he just looks like a woman more than anything. (Anyone think he's had hair plugs? They move hair from the rest of your body, so it's body hair instead of head hair.) I'm not saying he can't have his hair how he likes, just saying I think it's why he didn't look very good. I know going bald can be emotional for men, but really William looked so much better with a close crop.

I also think he didn't have anyone to properly press his suit. I wish I could have seen the people at Dior yesterday, watching the coverage like "Yeah baby, a prince is wearing our suit to a coronation! Wait, is he... Uhh. Oh. Er. He looks ok I guess."

Imo, he doesn't have any skin care routine. Most guys don't I guess, but you'd think he might take better care of himself being in the public eye. William is older than him but has nice shiny clear skin. Some sunscreen, moisturiser and a deep clean twice a week is all it takes, Harold! But the redness and facial puffiness were indicative of heavy drinking, imo.

Someone was asking in the last thread if this is basically Harry and Megan over now. I think this is their last big outing before the messy divorce, which I think will be within the next five years. I don't think he'll come out with any more big revelations about the royal family (not sure what's happened with that second book he's meant to be writing. Is it still going ahead?) and I'm certainly not interested enough to follow whatever little vanity projects Meghan is pursuing.

I don't think Harry will ever be embraced back into the royal family. Charles might want him back, but I think he irrevocably burned his bridges with William.

Sorry for the essay #Ijusthavealotoffeeelings

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I suppose he could have got a helicopter from the airport to Monteshitto?

-----

Edo, Tequila and Euge all spoke to him. But they could all have been saying something along the lines of:

You got here then? What time are you going? You walk behind us, You walk in front of us, You go in first etc. It was all probably just the being polite stuff, rather than we've missed you, what's been happening etc stuff.

Did Zara speak too?
I was a bit disgusted when watching snippets on the news etc of H and Edo in their seats.
It was just a few seconds but they were looking to their lefts (so looking towards the entrance) and having a good chuckle at what was happening or whoever was entering that section where the crowning was happening.
The camera didn't show what or who they were looking at.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
An American commentator said that ‘coming from the separation of church and state in the us this was really weird’.
Yeah well, coming from a country that denies the right of 51 percent of the population over control of their own body I wouldn't worry too much about what American's think.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I was wondering why Harry looked kind of ...dirty? I guess? yesterday, and I think it's largely because his hair isn't nice and sleek like when he was young, it's now quite frazzled and thinning, so with the scraggly beard and thinning hair, he just looks like a woman more than anything. (Anyone think he's had hair plugs? They move hair from the rest of your body, so it's body hair instead of head hair.) I'm not saying he can't have his hair how he likes, just saying I think it's why he didn't look very good. I know going bald can be emotional for men, but really William looked so much better with a close crop.

I also think he didn't have anyone to properly press his suit. I wish I could have seen the people at Dior yesterday, watching the coverage like "Yeah baby, a prince is wearing our suit to a coronation! Wait, is he... Uhh. Oh. Er. He looks ok I guess."

Imo, he doesn't have any skin care routine. Most guys don't I guess, but you'd think he might take better care of himself being in the public eye. William is older than him but has nice shiny clear skin. Some sunscreen, moisturiser and a deep clean twice a week is all it takes, Harold! But the redness and facial puffiness were indicative of heavy drinking, imo.

Someone was asking in the last thread if this is basically Harry and Megan over now. I think this is their last big outing before the messy divorce, which I think will be within the next five years. I don't think he'll come out with any more big revelations about the royal family (not sure what's happened with that second book he's meant to be writing. Is it still going ahead?) and I'm certainly not interested enough to follow whatever little vanity projects Meghan is pursuing.
Harry has no staff over here and he sure as hell doesn't have a PA or anyone. I believe he got sent the suit by courier or took it in his transatlantic suitcase (!!) And just thought he could slap it on. Neurodivergents don't think of these details.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Why are presenters so wooden when asking stupid questions to the public on the big lunch, "and why have you come here today" erm why do you think!! 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I think people may be giving this Myra too much attention.

It's just a mouthy fan.

And all those tweets seem like a mini-meltdown to me.

This man missed his son's birthday for a coronation of people who didn't even make time to look his way let alone shake his hand. He has been scathing about Camilla but was grinning (clearly high as a kite) at her coronation. He has been trying to get Prince William's attention for months now, and Prince William was fully and completely focused on his own family.

The people came out for the King and the day was a complete success. The humiliation is all on him no matter how much social media wants to make it seem like he has the power here. This man missed his son's birthday party for this.

If he arrived after 6.30 pm and took at the very least 30 minutes to clear customs then he left LAX around 7 pm. It's give or take 2 hours from LAX to Montecito. He got there at the very earliest at 9.00 pm and a 4-year-old who had a birthday party would be asleep by then.

Rushing back home is all performative to make it seem like he has other priorities. He doesn't. If he did he just wouldn't have shown up.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’m a bit disappointed in all the hot takes of ‘what a strange coronation’ from people who don’t seem to get its 1000 years old. The Bible was 1500 years old. Should we throw away all of it because of gen z not having any clue about history? An American commentator said that ‘coming from the separation of church and state in the us this was really weird’.

The church has little say in politics, the head of state is very tied to the cofe. Whereas in America they swear before god for everything and religious fundamentalism has a huge sway in the Republican Party.
I always think when people say "That cost so much money, when people in this country are so poor, we should abolish the monarchy" that in America they have no royal family, but they treat their poor people worse than the UK does. Do people think we'll all magically get a share of Buckingham Palace if we abolish the monarchy?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
On reflection İ feel that not only was the Coronation a day of solemnity and celebration for KC and QC it was also the white wedding that they never had. Hence the emphasis on family pages, Camilla's sister and friend as maids of honour and the balcony photos of Charles and Camilla sandwiched between the red pages. A stark contrast to TLQ's jubilee photos which emphasised the line of succession at a time of celebration for her 70 years of service but acknowledgement of her frailty. Although we couldn't see the dresses underneath İ think the royal robes were very unifying visually. İ love the thought that went into the Wales's outfits, celebrating the children as individuals with a nod to the colours of the flag, Catherine and William both looking strong yet supportive, and part of a courtly fairytale. The only element which didn't come across in filming were the many flowers and foliage reportedly filling the Abbey.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.