Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

The Wicked Lady

VIP Member
Amongst all this frivolity, I feel we must consider the people who were calling for an end to the Monarchy yesterday.
51% of the UK population are female. This means that any vote to abolish the Monarchy is bound to fail from the outset. However, a proposal that we all take it in turns to be Queen would be an overwhelming success.
What the Republicans fail to consider is the role of equerry. Whether you acknowledge his promotion or cling to the title 'Major Johnny', the fact remains that he is the centre of attention at any coronation. The undressing of the Monarch has given the majority of Tattlers a fit of the vapours, causing them to have impure thoughts. It is true to say that a lot of these thoughts centre around dragging him behind the screen that was conveniently provided. If he were to perform the same office at the inauguration of a President it would be a bit creepy. No-one wants to see him undoing Tony Blair's tie.
So, there you have it, the Monarchy is safe for now.

I also believe that Harold made up his mind to attend when Dior said they would pay him to merch their suit. He was probably hoping for a better offer, but as they say, 'needs must when the devil drives.' And we now know the devil wears Dior rather than Prada. :devilish:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

poultonlefylde

Chatty Member
About the race-baiter from Bridgerton (another reason I'm so glad I have never watched it)

This is something I will never understand, Andoh has two biracial children with her husband. How can she make comment about a family being terribly white?
I am not white but my children's dad is and while I understand racism exists (and have even experienced it myself), I will never ever dismiss a person just because they are white. Race has nothing to do with how good or bad a person is, so why judge on that?Especially in case of parents of biracial children, I don't want my girls to be ashamed of any part of their identity.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
An American commentator said that ‘coming from the separation of church and state in the us this was really weird’.
Yeah well, coming from a country that denies the right of 51 percent of the population over control of their own body I wouldn't worry too much about what American's think.

• Heart
  • Haha

Chita

VIP Member
Only the BBC could abruptly end their own programme celebrating the coronation to cut to their news broadcast to talk about their programme celebrating the coronation.
Couldnt they have put the news on ten minutes later for once and ended the show properly?????

• Haha
  • Heart

ElChanguito

VIP Member
My brother has the latest copy of Private Eye, and he said they call her Lady Macbeth of Montecito in there 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Pippa M

VIP Member
Pricess Anne saved the day !
I really really enjoyed the Johnny show yesterday and saw he was very caring of C and C.
I thought they both looked extremely fragile
Now just waiting for the birthday boy photo. If there is a birthday boy. IF there is I hope he had some fun.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

Dobby Socks

There's actually a great YouTube video that's been going around lately called what are we doing to white people? In the video the man talks about how now people are so comfortable to say things about white people that nobody would dare say about any other race. Its a really interesting video & I've seen lots of black youtubers reacting to it & agreeing that we are heading in a dangerous direction

• Wow
  • Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
I’m a bit disappointed in all the hot takes of ‘what a strange coronation’ from people who don’t seem to get its 1000 years old. The Bible was 1500 years old. Should we throw away all of it because of gen z not having any clue about history? An American commentator said that ‘coming from the separation of church and state in the us this was really weird’.

The church has little say in politics, the head of state is very tied to the cofe. Whereas in America they swear before god for everything and religious fundamentalism has a huge sway in the Republican Party.

• Heart

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
I already sent four slices out to neighbors! It may not look fancy, but it’s good! (I’m having my first piece now!) Yum-O!! 🍋😊🍋
IMG_4041.jpeg

• Heart

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
Just catching up now as we are currently away in our caravan with friends staying at a site near to Witney. We had a fabulous Coronation day and loved when Anne sat down with THAT hat! Due to the cancellation of the majority of the aircraft we were lucky to see them on their approach to land at Brize Norton including the Red Arrows who were diverted there from Bournemouth as the weather was not good there.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 55

kev1974

VIP Member
FFS who put 50p in Shouty's meter this morning. Just a non stop torrent of bile from her today. Hurting much from how well yesterday went, love? 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick

InkHeart

Chatty Member
I was wondering why Harry looked kind of ...dirty? I guess? yesterday, and I think it's largely because his hair isn't nice and sleek like when he was young, it's now quite frazzled and thinning, so with the scraggly beard and thinning hair, he just looks like a tramp more than anything. (Anyone think he's had hair plugs? They move hair from the rest of your body, so it's body hair instead of head hair.) I'm not saying he can't have his hair how he likes, just saying I think it's why he didn't look very good. I know going bald can be emotional for men, but really William looked so much better with a close crop.

I also think he didn't have anyone to properly press his suit. I wish I could have seen the people at Dior yesterday, watching the coverage like "Yeah baby, a prince is wearing our suit to a coronation! Wait, is he... Uhh. Oh. Er. He looks ok I guess."

Imo, he doesn't have any skin care routine. Most guys don't I guess, but you'd think he might take better care of himself being in the public eye. William is older than him but has nice shiny clear skin. Some sunscreen, moisturiser and a deep clean twice a week is all it takes, Harold! But the redness and facial puffiness were indicative of heavy drinking, imo.

Someone was asking in the last thread if this is basically Harry and Megan over now. I think this is their last big outing before the messy divorce, which I think will be within the next five years. I don't think he'll come out with any more big revelations about the royal family (not sure what's happened with that second book he's meant to be writing. Is it still going ahead?) and I'm certainly not interested enough to follow whatever little vanity projects Meghan is pursuing.

I don't think Harry will ever be embraced back into the royal family. Charles might want him back, but I think he irrevocably burned his bridges with William.

Sorry for the essay #Ijusthavealotoffeeelings

Last edited:
  • Heart