Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

margaretrose

Thanks, I remember that one.
Deemed. That,s the problem. They choose to take offence and lob in educate yourself with be kind. It takes advantage of our good manners and our wish to not offend 'cos misunderstanding. I think we should reclaim FUCK OFF.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
Suddenly I feel exhausted. I think I'm going offline for a few hours and off to read a book. Be back later or maybe tomorrow.

@ChaoticArtist Yes, you need salt. It grounds everything and purifies it. Good stuff salt. Also look at the phases of the Moon and work with them. ❤

Yes, please rest. The energy has been rather draining for a bit. And I was finding all those funny videos too 🤦

Thank you! ♥ We cleanse with salt - mum was talking about it this morning too. She puts salt in the mopping water - the easiest and safest way to spread it around, plus it's a great disinfectant.

Moon's my favourite uncle ♥ (an old Indian legend accompanied by a song), and also my first love. I usually take the pup out to the balcony on full moon nights and ask him to calm the little terror down 🤭 Just came back from a session even though it's not full yet - it worked 😉

I’m happy (well, not happy) but willing to watch the Netflix horror and write up a play-by-play - if others want? I mean, I have access to anti-sickness medication, which I imagine many don’t…

Better you than me 😂 I was planning to try watching it and reporting back, but I've got an exhibition on 11th and new supplies coming in on 6th or 7th, so won't have the time or will to watch anything whingey. I'll find an excuse for if it drops after 11th 😂

ahhhahahahahahahhahah count me IN! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Noooooo!!! Your poor braincells! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Heart

LadyMuck

VIP Member
This is exactly what Duchess of Narsussex said in her video. The odd timing means they wanted it out then gone. Something's going on.

• Heart

Autisteuse

VIP Member
But how do you discern any racial designation in the word “hooker” as used in this title? Is it your opinion or postion for this discussion, that Brits believe most prostitutes are Black? Otherwise, how did the word pertain, in your mind, to M’s race and not her lifestyle or moral character?

Oddly…it seems the perception of racial onus toward Markle by association with the word ‘hooker’…rests in the minds of those who define ‘hooker’ as identifying mainly with Black women!!!!! Really?

But those who used it here, saw no racial identity in the word at all. Interesting....
No, we don’t automatically identify Black women as prostitutes. The most familiar depiction of a prostitute in the UK is a white girl of ca 16, and a runaway; or an older white woman who plays Body No.4 in a crime procedural drama. As I’ve stated, there’s a huge intersection between the working classes and prostitution - especiially in terms of stereotyping: such women are robbed of their names, respect, empathy via their appearance in said crime drama to make the detective’s case. No, my stance is all about context. It wasn’t necessary to mention Meghan’s ever-changing ethnic identity. Nor is it necessary to identify every human with their background. As I said before, Meghan’s own historical romping gave the second descriptor of the title.
The least helpful thing is to make this a wholly race-based argument. We don’t have the legacy of industrial-level slavery, or Jim Crow.
I hope that that is enough re: this discussion - I’m dreadfully tired and am becoming unintelligible.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Great post!

Colourism, casteism, ageism. Exclusion on the basis of your language, region where you came from/live, religion, spiritual beliefs, political beliefs, level of education, income/family's economic status, even marital status.

Won't even get into all the occasional violent riots over the issue of reservation (of seats in educational institutions, jobs etc) on the basis of caste and community that keep breaking out here (to me it makes sense, but not the current implementation of it because too many people who don't need concessions are misusing it).

Just keeping it personal, I've been excluded from my cousins' wedding functions, baby showers etc more for being a spinster (I'm in my very early thirties, but have no good marriage prospects, a bf etc) than for being a poor relation (they're all very wealthy). Same with friends, who have even declined to stay in touch after getting married. I'd bring bad luck to them, they say - they are not particularly superstitious - plus I can't give them huge gifts/take them out for brunches/talk about in-laws, husbands and general household affairs with them - which I don't mind because I have a mother and aunts and have been listening to them talk like forever. 🤷

Dropped by male friends once they got married/engaged because I'm still single so their 'wives will object'. A couple of friends have another theory, but this is the reason I have been given.

Sounds like frivolous stuff, not remotely comparable to racism, and I know it isn't. But it's painful to be excluded and isolated, whatever the excuse may be. Especially when these could all have been such great business contacts/clients, which I really desperately need right now!

I could go around hating on married people or those with kids (though I do hate those women who were letting their kids hit me in a restaurant once and made a waiter with a full tray fall - fuck you, TW-like cunts!), but then it is what it is. I can just promise myself that I wouldn't behave the same way if I ever got married.

Being excluded hurts, especially when it's over something that's not even in your control - it's just something that you are. But to be so hyper-sensitive you not only end up excluding yourself, but also begin excluding others on the basis of the same biases.

And yes, I would be a person of colour outside the Indian subcontinent. My family was directly affected by and many of them fought against racism and all those other isms. So have I been, and so do I. And even though I really try avoid being aware of the news, I know what identity politics is doing to my country and exactly who it is benefiting. Which is precisely why I avoid the news. But there's no avoiding any of this really.

And I'm a bit annoyed that the mood had just lightened up when this started up again. This is as relentless as IRL. Interestingly, this is a tactic used a lot by my narc mum, grandfather and uncle.

Oh no problem. This is exactly why I keep telling him to be a bit more dog, but then I'm afraid he'll play the species card 🤷

His brother is pretty much the same - dad's friend adopted his brother and gave us this guy. So I'm guessing that maybe they grew up around cats or their mom did - they do have an affinity towards them. Though his stance is more like a rottweiler or bulldog or any other working dog's.

Either way, I've been looking up both cat and dog behaviour resources and trying different things. Something will stick someday, maybe. Still getting him a scratchy post though. Haven't seen a stable cat tree in pet shops and don't want to get one online. I think he might like one of those, but in a shorter frame, since he loves stretching and climbing. So a two-in-one.

Will check out the forums, thank you ♥

Thank you ♥

I've already tried these techniques. He just does it mostly out of spite. Picked up commands and general language etc very quickly, but he's just extremely wilful. For a while he's just been trying to establish authority over me, alternating with elder sibling-like behaviour. I was joking to mum that he thinks I'm the runt of the litter so should be pushed out/starved away 😂

We've been very depressed and angry-making things have been happening since he came home, so I'm sure that's not been helping. We still take care of him, play, are affectionate. It's just that in general we are exhausted and I guess not very alpha-beta around him. So that coupled with high testosterone levels, and toy dog aggression and tendency to take charge is resulting in this behaviour.

Maybe his strong personality is exactly what we need right now. Just it's a wee bit too painful 🤭
That makes me feel like metaphorically slapping them on your behalf. You are you and your own person.

• Heart

trouble-loves-me

VIP Member
Yes we are peed off with the narcissistic duo but this is your friendly reminder

*the RF are rumoured to have a super injunction in place to protect the said duo

*The family also ignored the pleas of stuff who were being bullied by the said duo and only decided to investigate when the victims spoke out publicly. No public apology or accountability

*The family failed to take action against the harkles for 3 years of continuous slander but have thrown Lady Susan under the bus in 30 mins flat over the allegations of a narkle sympathiser, condemning the loyal lady Susan without proper investigation

* Charles was sending (public) money to the Harkles post megxit even when the two were accusing the nation of racism

Who are we fighting for again?
Well when you put it like that😳🤔

• Heart

JAR21

VIP Member
It got lost in the barrage of events of the past few days, but I feel like we didn’t get a chance to discuss this properly. To wit, WE CALLED IT! We knew that she faked a pregnancy at the break up and speculated about a(nother)) fake miscarriage.

Naturally she could not mention this one in her article about her other fake miscarriage…but it all falls into line. This is what she held over him (I will tell the world that you left me when you found out I was pregnant)

I watched this when it was posted before. It doesn't make it clear where he spilled this info.

JAR21

VIP Member
Crapping crapholes... I hate to bring work to y'all on a Saturday but I just found this TMZ contest. One of the categories is William V. Stoat!!! I'm fully over the Grifties but a short detour isn't bad. Right now it's at 50/50 🤮🤮🤮
It seems as though it allows you to refresh the page and vote again

• Sad

KatLit

VIP Member
But how do you discern any racial designation in the word “hooker” as used in this title? Is it your opinion or postion for this discussion, that Brits believe most prostitutes are Black? Otherwise, how did the word pertain, in your mind, to M’s race and not her lifestyle or moral character?

Oddly…it seems the perception of racial onus toward Markle by association with the word ‘hooker’…rests in the minds of those who define ‘hooker’ as identifying mainly with Black women!!!!!

Really? I might say, respectfully, that that is an unkind generalization. The word generates no specific race to me.

And, those who used it here, obviously saw no racial identity in the word at all. Interesting....
I know a few white hookers. Married, making extra money taking trains to another city on a weekend "girls night" !

• Wow
  • Heart