Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

vikka

VIP Member
The story that H&M refused a title for Archie is bs, because the kid wasn't entitled to any titles anyway. At best he could've been called Earl Dumbarton as curtesy (no "HRH"!), didn't make him an earl though (ie it's a curtesy thing and A wouldn't be an actual title holder had they decided to go with the system as it is)!

The real story on A's title will come when Charles becomes king, because the law is that the monarch's male line descendants are entitled to be called "prince" and the "HRH" style (up to grandchild only, even the Cambs needed a special letters patent so that Char & Louis could be prince/ss, I think even for George the special rule had to be created).

They also can't take and give back a title just like that, because for taking titles away parliament needs to get involved. It's a whole other hassle.

I think someone who speculated that the Windsors aren't taking things (titles, money) away from Harry, is so H has an easier return in case of a divorce, is right.

The duke of Edinburgh title is reserved for Edward Wessex, which is why he's "only" an earl so far.

Markle redesigned her engagement ring with the same 3 stones H had set in them, but she put in tiny chip diamonds to make it an eternity band. The side stones are still Diana's and Liz doesn't really have access to her jewellery, it's all been given to Harry and Will.
Murks has after all worn other pieces of Diana's jewellery, more significant than two tiny diamonds (although overall no significant/important or big pieces, except the aquamarine ring).

Markle's redesign of her engagement ring makes it look like a copy of the one Engelson gave her, makes me think she chose that ring as well.

Btw, Murky doesn't have any title whatsoever, she's only a duchess as curtesy because her husband is a duke, he's the one who has a title.

Titles are treated akin to surnames (for wives), hence why Sarah is Sarah, Duchess of York. When she was married, she was (Sarah,) The Duchess of York. So it's usually clear who the wife is of a current title holder.
I don't know whether letters patent could be created to hinder M from using "duchess of Sussex" post divorce, but the trouble is that it would set a precedent and might affect others in the future (like taking away the "HRH" after Sarah).

I doubt M could get too much money from H in case of a divorce, because his money is held in trust and he is the sole beneficiary. A common way to ensure that divorces don't bankrupt the rich.

Sarah York got very little after her divorce due to this type of system (she got only part of Andy's pension which is a pittance and a great sum with the aim that she buys herself a place, however she wouldn't have been able to keep the place afloat, so she put that money in trust for Bea & Eug and moved in with Andy).

In case of a divorce M wouldn't be called or known as "Lady" as someone suggested in the thread before this, as "Lady" is a title in itself and you have to meet certain criteria in order to be called that (eg be a duke's or earl's daughter, hence why Diana was "Lady Diana", the only title she held on her own).

Thought I'd add what I know after reading for so long and mentally taking part!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

NotaHincher

Could she have been any more passive aggressive in that new statement! I'm wondering if she stamped her feet and folded her arms and bloody pouted. She really is one spoilt brat.

• Heart
  • Haha

pinkrobot

VIP Member
They are so utterly jealous of all the other Royal grandchildren. They are also moaning that the York princesses work and have titles. Well they each have a job, and have nowhere near the perks Harry and Meghan have been given.
When you think of the amount of flak that the York girls have endured over the years! Cruel nasty comments about their looks, their purpose in life and all the stuff written about their mum over the years must have hurt. And to their immense credit they have never once complained.
Meghan couldn’t even hack a year (when you factor in her maternity leave). Yes Beatrice & Eugenie work, yes they have titles but they happily carry out royal duties and if anything by all accounts would prefer even more royal duties.

Carmen 6

VIP Member
Considering the Queen herself was patron of the National theatre from 1974-2019,
I am at a loss as to why it was ever given to an american cable actresss, whose main claim to theatrical excellence was being vigorously banged on a shelf in a storage room....

Oooh, my first ever Tattle thread title! Thank you everyone :)
Well done.x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

MrsJoeyMac

I'm not a royalist, far from it but I've got to hand it to TQ! The pair of brats have well & truly had their backsides whipped & all done without looking like punishment or the bad one.

If anyone out of the firm deserved to run away from it all was Camilla but she just kept on quietly plodding along as has Kate. The press I thought were relatively tame with Moaning Minnie compared to Kate & Camilla.

I really cannot believe how this gruesome pair have treated an elderly lady especially when her husband was ill. If I had treated my gran like that my mum would have knocked the 💩💩💩 out of me!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Tui

VIP Member
Just read a tiny detail on Toronto paper but it is a telling one - apparently MM researched Diana's favourite perfume and wore it around H in the early days. Such a deep trigger for memories.
That is so creepy

• Wow
  • Sad

CringesFringes

I am a person of colour, and I find using race card a shitty play. When a person have no point, he plays the 'race' victim.
I am not against genuine offence and racism, but people like Me-again are whale-shits

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

margaretta

VIP Member
One of the things I ❤ about this place in the short time I’ve been here is the lack of cattiness and abuse towards each other poster.
If you disagree with the existence of this thread please don’t spoil it for the rest of us?

Can we get back on track please?

• Heart

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
And they couldn't help themselves in squeezing in that they protected the trademarks in the same way the Cambridges did. Why even say that, it's just petty, childish and frankly, unnecessary.

• Heart
  • Sad

Fin

Chatty Member
All this bullshit about 'just call me Harry' arriving in Edinburgh by train, how did he get to the UK from Canada, swim?

• Haha

ElectileDysfunction

Anyone else feel like we should have maybe got the Queen, or at least her people, to deal with the Brexit negotiations? Because either she, or her advisor, is a tactical genius. The "give them enough rope to hang themselves with" phrase hits the nail on the head completely.

The whole idea of beong financially independent but heavily trading on the whole "Sussex Royal" brand was always going to be an eye roller for most of the population and the way the Queen has quietly shut that down has been spot on. The very public carping on the Sussex Royal website about their perception of the unfairness of this has made them seem attention seeking - which is surprising seeing as reducing the media interest in their lives is supposedly their main motivation here - and extremely grabby.

It's a massive pity because Harry (actually, second. I love Zara too) was for ages my favourite Royal as he seemed the most down to earth, and I thought Meghan seemed like a breath of fresh air too. The really frustrating thing is that because she's mixed race, and the only mixed race person in a VERY white Royal family, any criticism of her is immediately tainted with suspicions of institutional racism when the simple fact is she isn't getting flack for being mixed race, she is getting flack for acting like a spoilt brat.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Vintage

After reading the previous thread , I’m wondering if I am the only one struck with similarities
between Meghan and Heather McCartney.

• Haha
  • Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
‘While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word "Royal" overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use "Sussex Royal" or any iteration of the word "Royal" in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020...While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place’

Oh my god! How passive aggressive!

• Haha

PennyCrayon

VIP Member
Why no school bus for Tony Blair, Bill Clinton , Richard Branson et al?? Someone is using PA as scapegoat & trouble is he didn't break our laws nor American laws.
Actually far more worrying while the "victim" was partying, travelling in luxury around the world, where was her parents?? My mother interfered with everything so no way would I have been able to fall into that lifestyle or my sisters either.
By taking victim role, she is depriving true victims help, there are plenty of young people having their lives destroyed, and they definitely didn't have the luxury she appeared to enjoy!!
Maybe Harry Dunn’s family should hire a school bus to drive round the area where the diplomats wife lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

GeorgiaOrwell

I really don’t think Migraine would be able to do a kiss and tell on the Royal Family- surely it would backfire with the amount of dirt they could release on her.

I think the Middleton’s have had a massive impact on how William has turned out- I think their stabilising influence is the reason he is far better adjusted than Harry. The amount of shit they have had over the years from the press and not once have they or a source close to them spoke out.

• Heart

Bastille

Chatty Member
Looks like he is surviving not thriving...
(Go West)
I'm fucked and I know I am
I'm fucked cause the Queens my Gran
I'm fucked cause I took the piss
I'm fucked and I'm dreading this.

Poor wee Harry, I wonder if he knows who killed Epstein.

Looks like he is surviving not thriving...
I hope somebody asks him if he's ok.......they do terrible things if people don't ask if they're OK.

• Haha
  • Heart

Scar2016

Just watching the Jeremy Vine show and one of the panelists said Harry should go by his mum's surname of Spencer.

Harry and his old broad can be known henceforth as 'MARKle & SPENCER.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26