Harry and Meghan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a royalist at all but thought Harry looked genuinely over the moon during his interview earlier to a point where I was smiling along with him.

Reactions: 25
Not a royalist at all but thought Harry looked genuinely over the moon during his interview earlier to a point where I was smiling along with him.
He looked the happiest that he has in months, hard not to be genuinely happy for him 😊

Reactions: 18
Such incredible news. Harry was so thrilled. I don't think the first name will be Arthur. I think it will be Alexander/Thomas Henry James Arthur or possibly something more modern.

Reactions: 5
Agreed. George also has Alexander as a middle name too which if looking at it that way, would rule it out for Baby Sussex if they didn’t want a close relative having the same name
I think they can be more unique though because the baby is unlikely to ever be king

Reactions: 4
I do like Alfred, shortened to Freddie .

Prince Freddie would be great😊
I really like the nickname Freddie, I know there is a Freddie Windsor already but Freddie is a lovely name to ‘grow with’.

Reactions: 3
I think they can be more unique though because the baby is unlikely to ever be king
Oh I agree with the freedom surrounding the name but I was saying that if the wanted a more traditional name and not a name that another relative may already have. 😊

Such incredible news. Harry was so thrilled. I don't think the first name will be Arthur. I think it will be Alexander/Thomas Henry James Arthur or possibly something more modern.
I can see Alexander but I think Thomas may be kept well clear of due to Meghan’s Dad

Reactions: 2
Could be a lineage thing, Harry’s kid isn’t going to be king so they not making such a big thing. Also possibly not doing it as a slight on Meghan.
Didn’t she make a big deal about turning down the royal doctors in favour of a female team that she chose? If they weren’t there to witness then they wouldn’t sign surely? Plus the Cambridge children are all high up in the succession so there would be more protocol.... that’s what I assumed anyway.

I agree, he clearly struggled to stick to the script he’d been given though!

Reactions: 5
I can see Alexander but I think Thomas may be kept well clear of due to Meghan’s Dad
God I bet her dad and Samantha are gonna be piping up again soon. :rolleyes: Probably to moan about the name or that they haven't met him. Wish the press would stop giving them the time of day.

Reactions: 12
I do kind of love all the trouble that she is causing for the royals😂 I think I would be like that too 🙈

God I bet her dad and Samantha are gonna be piping up again soon. :rolleyes: Probably to moan about the name or that they haven't met him. Wish the press would stop giving them the time of day.
I think Dad may have already started!

• Angry
Didn’t she make a big deal about turning down the royal doctors in favour of a female team that she chose? If they weren’t there to witness then they wouldn’t sign surely? Plus the Cambridge children are all high up in the succession so there would be more protocol.... that’s what I assumed anyway.

I agree, he clearly struggled to stick to the script he’d been given though!
The tradition of having a government official witness the birth went out in the 1920s: the Queen had a cabinet member outside the operating room when her mother had a C-section and she was the last royal born this way, if that's what you mean?

I think the name Spencer would make a nice change and a nod to the child's paternal grandmother. Or maybe I'm a little biased as I had a crush on Spencer Smith in Big Brother years ago lol

Last edited:
Apparently, the latest report is that rather than give birth in the private Lindo Wing in St Mary's like Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Surrey's Frimley Park Hospital like Sophie, Countess of Wessex, they went all the way into Harley Street for the Portland Hospital. It's not an NHS hospital with private options like the other two, but it's an entirely private independent hospital, frequently by celebrities.
If anyone is interested, the second part of a documentary broadcast by the BBC in 2016 about the Portland has been made available by the producers on Vimeo. I've watched it and it's pretty fascinating.

Apparently, the latest report is that rather than give birth in the private Lindo Wing in St Mary's like Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Surrey's Frimley Park Hospital like Sophie, Countess of Wessex, they went all the way into Harley Street for the Portland Hospital.
The Portland is less than 2 miles from St Mary's so no real difference in terms of distance. I suppose that by going fully private she didn't use NHS resources at Frimley Park, also providing security would have been easier at The Portland rather than a large NHS facility.

I'm delighted for both of them. Harry seemed totally besotted and giddy, and I think they will make brilliant parents. I'm so pleased they have done things their way (or as much as they can within the parameters they have to operate within) and hope they enjoy this time without too much ridiculous scrutiny.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.