Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Megs being likened to hyacinth bucket with her delusions of grandeur.

From the article:
"In Harry and Meghan’s actual youth, they appear to have managed to divert themselves with work, play and light-hearted romantic unions. But then in their thirties they met their dark-night-of-the-soulmate – and all bets were off. Whatever feelings of resentment they had experienced as children with the bad-tempered break-ups of their respective families clicked together like a sort of sulky Lego, and before long it was the-wonder-of-us against the world. What we’re now witnessing from the Sussexes is the most public and well-financed door-slamming exercise of all time."

I have said it before - spoilt teenage brats!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm going to start this rant off by making it very clear that I think "actual racism" is repugnant, and if I have ever seen it happening, I've genuinely intervened in some cases.

Piers Morgan may be an utter wank sock, but he's sometimes right. I have found myself hating myself for agreeing with him on a number of things, I just hate his shtick and self referencing, and plastic Alpha Male behaviour (a man with hands that small will NEVER be an Alpha Male).

Re: The Meghan Markle stuff-just because he was aggrieved, and probably quite narcissistically bore a grudge against her, doesn't make him wrong. Iain Hislop remember, was hounded by Morgan's chronies when he'd pissed Morgan off, but they were looking for dirt-they weren't looking to make things up, just because, though they could have done that. I don't think Morgan would have gone as far as he did without good cause-he would have had to have known he was right enough to go at her live on air like he did.

Re: Alex Beresford-I can't remember the last time I saw the studio set up like that. Something was incredibly wrong about it, and what I thought immediately when I saw it, was that it was set up to be a pile-on from the start: Susannah Reid with her constant outrage at anything remotely centre of left, Hiliary Jones, who has gone from lambasting the Government, to advocating that we should all masturbate to Johnson and Hancock twice daily because they deserve it, and Alex Beresford, a man who has literally disappeared up his own arse. A man who can't help looking at the monitor at himself when he knows he's in shot, a man who's laugh is as fake as Cher's nose, and a man who seems to know more about issues of race, than Nelson Mandella. They wheel him on every time as some kind of sage. He's a bleeping weatherman (or meteorologist as my stepdad, who was on the telly and was a senior Meteorologist before he died aged 56, would say). It stank of a set up. Bersford had once flounced after Morgan dented his ego, and this was his opporunity to gain some revenge.

The problem with the word "racism", is it attempts to set it apart from a normal human process. It's a shaming tool, and a political tool, and unfortunatley is a word that tries to transform an innate behaviour, into a malicious act, and something borne out of poor morals, rather than something that is there by design, and nurtured by experience. In forgetting the design, the idea is that we can educate people to become less discriminatory. We can't, but thankfully, for most people, discrimination is something we all do, but we do it discreetly, and it isn't malicious. It's just our bodies and our minds saying "this is different to my world, be careful until you know you can trust the situation/person". Malicious racism won't change with education. It's a prejudice, and the current attempts at lecturing will only serve to make "racists", more racist.

The ADDED problem, is that now, there's a movement to pursuade all white people to acknowldge that all white people are "racist" (i.e. treating people differently and disadvantageously because of their race or skin colour). All white people are not malicious, but then the argument is "if you don't think you're racist, you're just racist and you don't know it". Then if you say "I treat people equally", you get "check out your microaggressions". Microaggressions as a theoretical concept are so poorly evidenced, that we can safely argue that they are bollocks as a concept. You're literally playing chess with a woke who has a board full of kings, and you have nothing but pawns. you are literally fucked if you agree, fucked if you disagree. You are racist if you "admit" you are, but you are "savable", and if you disagree, you are a member of the KKK. This is what creates racism. It's paradoxical, By calling people racist, and asking for equality, you are actually paradoxically making black people different. People are being pushed into corners, and unfortunately, the people of the world who couldn't give a flying duck what colour someone is, are now being asked to choose. Not all of those people, are going to fall on their sword, and that's the problem.

I thought today, when a black man was shot dead by a police woman who thought she'd pulled her taser, and not her gun "how would you even know these days, if a black man or woman was shot with reasonable cause?". Now this poor guy is dead, and that's awful, and it might well be a racist act, but genuinely, is it even possible that the death of a black man or woman at the hands of the police will ever be seen as appropriate? (I don't believe in guns, btw, so would argue that it wouldn't be seen as appropriate, but for different reasons).

By the way, I am ranting, but it's an evidence based rant.
Racism to me can be boiled down to something very simplistic. It's fear of the unknown. Fear of the stranger, the culture, the language. But as soon as you get talking the majority of us realise that people are pretty much the same the world over even if you don't agree with their views. You find common ground and acknowledge the human being.
Which is why Meghan and harry could fall under this . Meghan because she's just odd and both of them because their cultural frame of reference is out of my experience. I've met Americans from around the US.most have been great, some not. But never as oddly behaved as meghan. and as for harry his family is loaded so I have difficulty understanding his cultural references. So to me it's not the colour that's important for harmony its culture.

ETA off topic. But I genuinely feel sorry for US police. They live in a country with guns. Can you imagine the apprehension at every stop ? Is this going to be when someone pulls a gun on them? I live de-escalation tactics but it's hard to decide to de-escalate when you think you might get shot. (Some of them , as in all walks of life, don't deserve my pity). Just saying

Reactions: 18

Apologies to those who have already posted this link...

I agree with the outrage that, if true, senior members of the family are having to forego wearing their uniforms at the funeral.

But, and this is a massive but, if this is their mother's request I can understand their acquiescence. It is quite soon after the infamous Prince Andrew interview and the traitorous abdication of the grifting gruesome twosome, so HMTQ doesn't need the extra stress at this time.

However, it will hopefully be a number of years before another senior member's funeral. By that time I would hope that systems and protocols are securely in place for a trimmed Senior Royalty, "spares" and especially embarrassing members will be in no doubt of their ranking and place at any future significant events and what clothes/uniforms to wear and where they will sit!

In the meantime, for HMTQ's sake we may all have to forbear.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I hope these family photos are bringing it home to Harry just what he's missing out on.
Well, he made his bed...cruelly to the family he left behind I might add.

And as to the cousins that Archie (and baby sister in utero) will never have the joy to form a bond with — at least they are safe from the toxicity that is Auntie Markle that poor Charlotte had to endure.

Reactions: 30
I’m thinking that Meghan is seeing the fallout from her little acts of cutting the family out. No photos of her with Prince Philip to back up their supposed ‘closeness’, no photos of the Queen holding Archie, or Archie with his cousins. All her little games mean that there will be no photos of her children as part of the RF. In that photo after the birth the Queen looks like she really wants to hold Archie, she is looking at her newest great grandchild with such love and Prince Philip looks pretty chuffed too. I think that she is probably feeling pretty enraged, and she is entirely responsible.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I have enjoyed reading all these refreshing posts saying what you want to as most forums you can say what you like unless it is about Meghan and Harry.Anyway I just could not resist joining in as I have just read a post on FB asking where Archie is in that lovely photo of the Queen and Prince Phillip and their grandchildren.I replied he was not born when the photo was taken.The person then replied that their family was piss poor but still had their sister added to a family photo when she was born!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
What do people know about that Shola woman who used to scream at Piers Morgan on GMB? Is she being paid by Meg too? Scobie featured in her "magazine" so I was just wondering.

He goes on about "tabloids being critical" of him but does he realise it's because he's not a proper journalist and he actually knows nothing about how the royal family works. He's just M's mouthpiece.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
No military uniforms at the funeral to save embarrassing Harry ... what a f*cking child.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Racism to me can be boiled down to something very simplistic. It's fear of the unknown. Fear of the stranger, the culture, the language. But as soon as you get talking the majority of us realise that people are pretty much the same the world over even if you don't agree with their views. You find common ground and acknowledge the human being.
Which is why Meghan and harry could fall under this . Meghan because she's just odd and both of them because their cultural frame of reference is out of my experience. I've met Americans from around the US.most have been great, some not. But never as oddly behaved as meghan. and as for harry his family is loaded so I have difficulty understanding his cultural references. So to me it's not the colour that's important for harmony its culture.

ETA off topic. But I genuinely feel sorry for US police. They live in a country with guns. Can you imagine the apprehension at every stop ? Is this going to be when someone pulls a gun on them? I live de-escalation tactics but it's hard to decide to de-escalate when you think you might get shot. (Some of them , as in all walks of life, don't deserve my pity). Just saying
Try living in Texas where we have open carry and being a pacifist. Probably more guns in a company parking lot than an army brigade

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Feeling so sad for the Queen right now, I am hoping that this decision wasn't because of Andrew and Harry being difficult, and is because of the optics of the family members who had active service being in suits, while the those who hadn't wear uniforms. Though I would not be surprised to have it confirmed that they were, difficult I can see Andrew saying I haven't been stripped of my Honorary positions and Harry saying well if he is I want to wear my uniform.

Sorry not sure how to delete the top article, though it is interesting to hear that some of Prince Philip's family will be at the funeral.

Edit: I should have read the whole article before commenting, it appears that both Andrew and Harry wanted to wear their uniforms, but it seems the optics was part of the decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Try living in Texas where we have open carry and being a pacifist. Probably more guns in a company parking lot than an army brigade
Small(ish) world - I, too, live in Texas. Texans unite against H&M! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think if it is true Andrew was insisting on the Admiral uniform rather than the Vice Admiral he was putting the Queen in a very difficult position, he may have gotten away with the Vice Admiral one, but insisting on the Admiral one was just stupid, it just made everything more awkward for the Queen.

Reactions: 21
If this is actually true, and I suspect it might just be SS fluff, then JCMC isn't interested in healing any wounds as he's just asked to put feelings on hold. No apology or wanting to work things out and he still backs everything he said and done.

Bye bye and take your security invoice with you

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
This is only my 2nd post but I wanted to say that I don’t really care what words Harry decided to string together for his tribute to PP. His decision to do that completely unconscionable interview at a time when his grandfather was in hospital displayed such a lack of empathy and understanding and care that it makes no difference whatsoever. Anyone who has lived through the last weeks of a loved ones life will understand how incredibly difficult it is, when the days are filled with confusing and conflicting medical information, and people calling you for updates, and your sleep is totally disturbed, and you know the end is near but you can’t prepare for or anticipate it and you don’t know if you should pray for the end or for a few more weeks. It is agony, and into all that H and M inserted themselves and their poisonous narrative and created terrible anxiety on top of what the RF was already suffering. I am probably too close to this situation but I can’t help thinking that they are both vile, and that includes Harry, even if he is under her thumb. Terrible, terrible people.
Very well said. I personally just find all the pr bullshit coming out of the Markles camp (and that includes Haznot as he has been Markles) pathetic and quite funny. I just laugh at it now. It doesn’t really upset me any longer as nothing can compare to my rage and anger at that interview. It’s so amusing to me to see them try to backtrack now so that interview obviously hasn’t had the desired effect otherwise we would be seeing a different narrative from them. As for the sugars, they are only proving to everyone how pathetic and ignorant they are. The more they rant and rave the more ridiculous they look. They simply cant be taken seriously, surely.
Feeling so sad for the Queen right now, I am hoping that this decision wasn't because of Andrew and Harry being difficult, and is because of the optics of the family members who had active service being in suits, while the those who hadn't wear uniforms. Though I would not be surprised to have it confirmed that they were, difficult I can see Andrew saying I haven't been stripped of my Honorary positions and Harry saying well if he is I want to wear my uniform.

Sorry not sure how to delete the top article, though it is interesting to hear that some of Prince Philip's family

Edit: I should have read the whole article before commenting, it appears that both Andrew and Harry wanted to wear their uniforms, but it seems the optics was part of the decision.
im not sure how I feel about the whole uniform thing. My preference would have been that PC and PW would be in uniform with all the medals badges etc just to piss Haznot off. But if this is TQ decision and gives her peace on the day of the funeral then so be it. She deserves to have a stress free day it will be hard for her anyway. I just hope that the RF will not make this a reality in the future. Haznot doesn’t deserve to be calling the shots.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Absolutely, I reqlly don;t think people in the UK understand this aspect of American policing. I lived there for 7 years, I recall being stoped for running a red at 11.30 at night (safely as I was coming out of a car park and felt vulnerabel, another 20 minutes and the lights would've gone to flashing) I was a 19 year old white female and the clearly inexperienced cop pulled his gun on me. I've also been mugged at gunpoint there at 6.30pm

• Wow
Reactions: 22
That makes sense to me. If you listen to Andrew’s speech about his father I thought he was trying to emphasise he was in the ‘inner sanctum’ crowd (as opposed to JCMH)
Interesting thanks for sharing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wonder, given the apparent decision that no military uniforms will be worn for PP funeral, if the Royal tradition of wearing such uniforms will effectively have to be phased out from this point forward?

After all; this is an issue which isn’t going to resolve itself since Harry will continue to feel slighted that his military patronages - and associated right to wear uniform - have been taken away.
Unfortunately this sets a precedent and undoubtedly JCMH and his ‘team’ will make similar demands when, for example, Operation London Bridge sadly comes into effect upon the death of HMTQ.

Within this context I can’t help but feel that that this decision is a mistake since ultimately JCMH’s character flaws can be traced to a sense of entitlement and an inability to accept fault nor responsibility for the consequences of his actions; developed from his youth. Be it failing his A-levels; using racist language at work; drug-taking or generally acting like a prick from the confines of his Montecito Palace - Harry has been continually indulged by those around him regardless of his actions.

This additional indulgence of effectively banning uniform at PP’s funeral - in apparent contradiction to PP’s express wishes- will only worsen Harry’s behaviour.
Perhaps the queen is setting the tone as well as a precedent for operation London bridge, preventing Charles from dithering about exactly the same issues when the time comes to planning her own funeral or any other such event that would leave them open to such petulance and childishness from PA and PH.

Sorry Sarah , I’ve removed it 🙁
Thats kind of you but you didn’t have to ! And I wasn’t trying to censor you, I think it’s just we can all empathize how the queen must be feeling and how the twunts aren’t helping with the puff PR and uniform tantrums ...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
now that the RF has posted a picture of all the great grandchildren, will the harkles use this opportunity to inch their way back into the family? Maybe ask for an invite to Balmoral for the holidays?
or will their narrative change from "the UK media and people are so TOXIC" --> "nobody in the family wants us in the UK so we left" :rolleyes:
Time will tell but having a stab in the dark. It depends on whether they are given any leeway at all. It’s all about them after all. So if they are given the opportunity to inch their way back in, I believe they will take it. Personally I hope I never see them with the royal family on a personal level ever again. I would never ever trust them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.