Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And it was all so bloody unnecessary. Before that bleeping awful interview there still was a chance to mend fences and still stay in the loop somewhat. But they couldn’t see beyond their own self importance and selfishness. They had to try and blackmail the RF into getting what they wanted. They thought it would work, everyone would feel sorry for them and the RF would have to give them what they wanted. Big mistake. Whose laughing now dipshits.
Every decision they’ve made has been a mistake. Either they have crap advisers or they don’t listen to good advice.

Firstly never lay down an ultimatum unless you are sure you have the winning hand. And never make a public announcement which assumes you will get what you want.

The Queen called their bluff and took more things away from them than they had anticipated. In effect they were cut loose and because they’d already announced their departure they couldn’t really back down.

Secondly never, if at all possible, get into a fight with the media. You may win the battle but you will lose the war. When they see their ”press freedom” being threatened the media stick together and they don’t forgive. From the moment H&M fired the first shots in the media war there will have been journalists assigned to sniffing out every possible negative story about them. And it won’t ever stop.

Thirdly, do not attack your family in the media. Rifts that are wide already will be stretched further by airing private grievances in public. The Opra interview was a huge mistake.

They have now totally backed themselves into a corner with precious little support from any direction.

I don’t feel the hatred for them that I see on these threads and I think the whole fake Archie thing is total tinhattery. But I do think the pair of them are much too self absorbed and incapable of seeing how their comments and actions will be perceived. Harry is very much his mother’s son - very emotionally fragile. And Meghan is too American ever to understand the way the British aristocracy operates. Together they both manage to make each others faults worse and dig themselves into a deeper and deeper mess.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Harry’s biggest mistake since all of this kicked off was mistaking a public relations firm, used to dealing with celebrities for the palace communications team, oh and also not using either and just “winging it”. They have been cursed with events beyond their control coinciding with their departure and subsequent endeavours. Covid fucked all of their plans, had to drop sussexroyal, financial implications of lost security, and the interview just as DoE got sick. They’ve had to resort to high paying deals with the likes of Netflix and entering into contracts that Harry has no knowledge or understanding of. Meghan is used to being a “celebrity” but had no knowledge of royal contracts. They were doomed from the start in terms of success outside the family- in my opinion of course 😂

The likes of the Obamas and all of the world leaders coming out in support of the queen and out of respect for the Duke has probably scared these tit out of them (Meghan). She now realises that universal service isn’t quite the same as being a servant to your country. Nothing they have done has gone the way they planned and all they can do is try to back peddle. But they’ve truly fucked themselves by doing that interview- they didn’t just display their dirty laundry- the actually misrepresented their “authenticity” by lying and getting called out on it. Now they have very few options left- they will forever be remembered for shitting on the family as the duke was dying. Everything they said now looks petty by virtue of their timing. Even if any of it was true, they look cold and calculating and self involved.
Maggoty fundamentally misunderstood the Royal Family in every possible way. She thought they were like celebrities that she could bully and manipulate. She thought she could come in and take over as ‘top dog’. She thought it was a popularity contest. She had no grasp at all of the weight and majesty, nor the international prestige of the British monarchy. The idea that a D-list actress could take them on and win is laughable.

Also - do you think the real reason Farmer Maggot didn’t come is because they could only afford one ticket?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Harry’s biggest mistake since all of this kicked off was mistaking a public relations firm, used to dealing with celebrities for the palace communications team, oh and also not using either and just “winging it”. They have been cursed with events beyond their control coinciding with their departure and subsequent endeavours. Covid fucked all of their plans, had to drop sussexroyal, financial implications of lost security, and the interview just as DoE got sick. They’ve had to resort to high paying deals with the likes of Netflix and entering into contracts that Harry has no knowledge or understanding of. Meghan is used to being a “celebrity” but had no knowledge of royal contracts. They were doomed from the start in terms of success outside the family- in my opinion of course 😂

The likes of the Obamas and all of the world leaders coming out in support of the queen and out of respect for the Duke has probably scared these tit out of them (Meghan). She now realises that universal service isn’t quite the same as being a servant to your country. Nothing they have done has gone the way they planned and all they can do is try to back peddle. But they’ve truly fucked themselves by doing that interview- they didn’t just display their dirty laundry- the actually misrepresented their “authenticity” by lying and getting called out on it. Now they have very few options left- they will forever be remembered for shitting on the family as the duke was dying. Everything they said now looks petty by virtue of their timing. Even if any of it was true, they look cold and calculating and self involved.
I

Elli-94 a great post and agree 100%

Reactions: 21
If you read these comments, people had her sussed 4/5 years ago.

Thanks for posting this. It’s interesting that, not only are the commenters onto her but the DM too with references to her multiple clue-dropping IG posts showing bracelets/London/little hints. Also the comment about her meeting him in Toronto in May at invictus (*cough* still with Cory) then in the royal box at Wimbledon in June.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Watching this bs film about H&M has upset me. The Queen accepted this treacherous witch into the fold only for her to duck it up. Poor Elizabeth doesn't deserve this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I hardly ever post on this thread, but I did see that someone had posted about Princess Alice (PP mother) and had called her an “embarrassment” amongst other things.
@freda19 then made a brilliant post in Princess Alice’s defence, and listed some of the brave things she had done in her life. I didn’t know that much about her before PP passing, so when a mini documentary about her popped up, I decided to watch it, and she really did have a terrible time, her own mother for instance had her placed in an asylum, and this was because she was profoundly deaf. The poor woman tried to escape, and was basically told that she had no say in her own life, and was forced to have awful procedures, in order to “cure” her. Of course Phillip was too young to help his mother, but he loved her dearly.
This is the mini documentary that I watched, I think it might be quite interesting to anyone interested in this wonderful and misunderstood woman..

It was me who posted the comment which @freda19 totally misinterpreted.

What I was saying is at the time of Philip’s marriage to Elizabeth, Philip’s mother WAS regarded as an embarrassment by the media and society of the time.

As years went by and more became known about her, that situation changed. But at the time of the wedding she was seen as an eccentric woman who dressed up as a Nun.

I was making a specific point as to the comparison of Philip and Megan’s reactions to one of their parents being ridiculed by the media and snobbish aristos prior to their marriage. Philip ignored it. Meghan ostracised her Dad.

I totally agree that Philip’s mother was quite a remarkable woman. But I was not commenting on her life as a whole and the things we’ve learned since 1947. I was talking about a specific point in time. I apologise if that did not come across.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Maggoty fundamentally misunderstood the Royal Family in every possible way. She thought they were like celebrities what she could bully and manipulate. She thought she could come in and take over as ‘top dog’. She thought it was a popularity contest. She had no grasp at all of the weight and majesty, nor the international prestige of the British monarchy. The idea that a D-list actress could take them on and win is laughable.

Also - do you think the real reason Farmer Maggot didn’t come is because they could only afford one ticket?
Megzy was told she couldn't attend, for sure. We knew absolutely nothing about the funeral guests when the news broke, but we were told immediately that MM 'didn't have medical clearance' to travel. BP will have made Hazno's travel arrangements and told him to take his American Airlines/BA codeshare flight. He was not to travel on an Oprah/Russian funded private jet. I'd bet my baguettes on that.

I lean towards Harry fundamentally misunderstanding his popularity and what he could get away with. Megzy took her cues from him. I still remember Lady C making a passing reference to Harry promoting a gambling organisation on his Caribbean tour pre-engagement, which had to be hushed up. There might have been plenty of Harry side-deals going on for years that we don't know about. Megzy then dialled it up and made it far too visible, and the RF shut them down.

• Wow
Reactions: 52
It was me who posted the comment which @freda19 totally misinterpreted.

What I was saying is at the time of Philip’s marriage to Elizabeth, Philip’s mother WAS regarded as an embarrassment by the media and society of the time.

As years went by and more became known about her, that situation changed. But at the time of the wedding she was seen as an eccentric woman who dressed up as a Nun.

I was making a specific point as to the comparison of Philip and Megan’s reactions to one of their parents being ridiculed by the media and snobbish aristos prior to their marriage. Philip ignored it. Meghan ostracised her Dad.

I totally agree that Philip’s mother was quite a remarkable woman. But I was not commenting on her life as a whole and the things we’ve learned since 1947. I was talking about a specific point in time. I apologise if that did not come across.
I just watched the documentary on Prince Philip, his mother didn't wear a habit to the wedding, at the coronation she wore a grey dress and a wimple.

Reactions: 18
Maggoty fundamentally misunderstood the Royal Family in every possible way. She thought they were like celebrities what she could bully and manipulate. She thought she could come in and take over as ‘top dog’. She thought it was a popularity contest. She had no grasp at all of the weight and majesty, nor the international prestige of the British monarchy. The idea that a D-list actress could take them on and win is laughable.

I think that labelling people in derogatory ways detracts from constructive discussions about their behaviour. It fuels the contention that they have been the subject of discrimination.

My personal take on Meghan- she met a guy who is known to be charming and decided he was definitely worth hanging on to. I don’t believe for a second that she didn’t know who his family was or what being a member of the royal family would mean for her in terms of personal gain. It’s like meeting the good looking, rich professional- the one your parents want you to bring home- Harry was that on steroids. But unlike a celebrity union, where she could jump on noble causes and save the world à la Diana... she was not marrying the heir to the throne. And I don’t think she fully realised the constraints of her role as a person who would always come below William and Kate. She would not be allowed to cherry pick her causes and she would have to play by the rules.

When that didn’t work- they decided they’d make up their own rules. But I don’t think they checked or at least confirmed what they would be allowed to do as Duke and Duchess in commercial enterprises. As someone just mentioned- they rolled the dice and came up short. Now they are abroad, Covid has hit and no one (not even Canada or Donald) will pay for their security. They have to take what they are given and that’s Netflix and Spotify and whatever other Multinationals who want to pay for an inspirational talk. To be successful in this- they need to become relevant and now that they are not royal in a professional way, they have to become celebrities. So they did the interview. What card (the only card really) does Meghan have left- race. Instead of biding her time until Charles was King and playing by the rules, they went for the jugular- “people were racist about my child”. And the only people that believed them were celebrities of no consequence and some people of colour who were just glad (from my own personal conversations) to see someone talking about institutional racism. The problem- I cry bullshit.

I do think that Harry would have been an awful fool to lie completely- I do think someone may have said “oh what will the kids look like” or even “are you ready for the potential racism the child will face if dark”, but from conversations with my own in-laws, it’s usually meant with curiosity or even concern. I actually don’t think Harry knew she was going to bring that up and I would love to see an unedited copy of the interview. If the duke hadn’t gotten sick, I actually think that the allegations could have gained more traction, but alas- the Queen Mother and her funny jokes. The false statements were picked apart and the unsubstantiated allegations were called just that- unsubstantiated. And fair play to William- “we are very much not a racist family.”

Meghan didn’t come because she’s pregnant and not welcome. It’s both. This week is meant to be about the duke and not two children who threw their toys out of the pram and didn’t get their way. Now she’s back peddling but it’s probably too little too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I just watched the documentary on Prince Philip, his mother didn't wear a habit to the wedding, at the coronation she wore a grey dress and a wimple.
Nonetheless the point still stands that she generally dressed as a Nun and was, at that time, regarded by the media and society as something of an eccentric and, yes, an embarrassment.

I stand by what I said. I apologise if I didn’t make the context clear but I’m not going to apologise for stating what was, at that time, a fact.

Reactions: 31
There's also the story of the cracked pot. Sometimes a crack in something is not a bad thing and can lead to something beautiful in the future.

An elderly Chinese woman completed a daily trek to the stream past her home and back to supply her family with fresh water. In order to do this, she fashioned a heavy pot on each end of a long pole, which she carried across her shoulders.
One of the pots was in perfect condition and always delivered a full portion of water. The other had a deep crack in it, causing water to leak out. At the end of the long walk, the cracked pot arrived only half full.
This situation occurred daily for two years, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfection and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.
After two years of what it had perceived to be bitter failure, the cracked pot spoke to the woman by the stream. “I am ashamed,” it said. “This crack in my side causes water to leak out. You work so hard and yet have little water once you return home.”
The old woman smiled and replied, “Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path? I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path. Every day, while we walked back home, you watered those seeds and helped them to grow. For two years, I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table and give to neighbors. Without you being just the way you are, there would not have been this special beauty to grace our homes and lives.”

🌱🌿🌾💐🌷🌹🥀🌺🌸🌼🌻🌱🍀🍃🌹💐
I'm currently more in the Lady Gaga frame of mind: "Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother fucker’s reflection."

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Really? Was she?? I've seen all 3 films, and can't remember seeing her in any of them :D
I think Horrible Bosses wasn't she a delivery driver or something? Not a starring role – more a blink and you'll miss it role. NO IDEA on the other two:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So I think we are definitely starting to see the cogs come off with Megan and her PR machine and her 'friends' are scrambling to make her the gracious hero in this now that she has already played the victim card with the Oprah interview. We all know she is without a doubt a narcissist and as I have said on a previous thread she can only ever been seen as the victim or hero never ever the villain.

I think she got a rude awakening when she saw the outpouring and love and support for PP and TRF and I without a doubt think the statement from Obama , which I though was full of shade directed at the Harkles, really rattled her. So now she is back peddling furiously.

Megan's down fall is she played to an American audience ,who no offensive to any Americans on this thread, have very little idea about the royal family and what they stand for. They , like her, assumed the royal family were like the Disney films , not an institution.

'Ariel' has never quite gotten that she is not nor never will be the centre of attention when it comes to the royal family. The monarch followed by his or her successors are. She could have done so much for POC and WOC if she had just reined her ego in and actually been a role model. Rather than a stage 5 clinger who took to writing positive affirmations on bananas. Her ego and her need to feed it has and always will be her downfall.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Megzy was told she couldn't attend, for sure. We knew absolutely nothing about the funeral guests when the news broke, but we were told immediately that MM 'didn't have medical clearance' to travel. BP will have made Hazno's travel arrangements and told him to take his American Airlines/BA codeshare flight. He was not to travel on an Oprah/Russian funded private jet. I'd bet my baguettes on that.
I think, too, Meggle changing her story to "Haz and I discussed it and decided I'd steal all the headlines" points to her un-invitation, poor diddums.
Just think, if she'd held off, when Boris said he was giving his seat to a family member she could have said something similar, possibly referring to medical reasons and everyone would think "first decent thing she's done in a long time". Alas :ROFLMAO:

What's the betting Haz was waiting for BP - or, Daddy - to tell him what time to be ready for the private plane? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I don’t think the Queen will reverse any decision regarding those two and their place within the royal business, otherwise what happens if they decided to upsticks again.

Meghan hates England, the fact she’s not top of the pecking order and that Katherine will be the next Princess of Wales.

They’ll never be back.
Their only regret is that it backfired so spectacularly.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The Crown didn’t help memories - it was quite unpleasant that bit about his mother and how Queen Mary and the Queen Mother apparently talked about her. (Not that anyone knows of course because all three women are dead and the crown is fictional). So many people think it’s a documentary.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Been catching up and a previous post, which I can't find now, said they hoped PC didn't give in to them and welcome them back. I see PC as the weakest link in the RF but notice his sidekick Camilla has been very quiet throughout all this. She suffered terrible press for a long time but managed to hold her head high and now I admire her for her duty to PC and the queen. She is a strong woman and if PC starts to waiver I am sure she will quickly sort him out. Remember her comment when the press asked if she would miss MM and PH she replied with one word - "Course" - probably what she thought about MM! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Is it just me who thinks they want to get back into the RF ? There schemes haven't worked, they want their kids to have titles and they want the children in the line of succession. They tried to blackmail/veiled threats, the nasty interview to see if they could get some leverage and start a negotiation with the RF and all this has failed. They are very vulnerable and now realise how good it could have been if they'd stayed put.

Dear God, I hope neither of them ever comes back. Please do not let them back in RF... Forgive if you must but NEVER Forget what the bastards did .
Well we know from the interview that they still feel like they deserve all the perks: titles, taxpayer funded security, Duchy money, all their patronages, Trooping "collaborating" with HMTQ on "projects" as well as being able to do whatever they want.

I don't think they want to get back full time but I do think they see this as a way to get back to "half in, half out" under the guise of "family unity" and "supporting" HM. That way they get all the bells and whistles of royalty to peddle their Netflix been there, done that docs.

The fact that there was so much positive outpouring for PP and the family and that they weren't in the headlines annoyed her and that's why she and her "friends" have to remind people that Meghan is the wronged one here to is able to graciously forgive them at this time and even constantly supporting HMTQ with phone calls and her calligraphy.

The world's elite that they so desperately want to join rallied around TRF in a way they definitely didn't to the Harkles when they washed their dirty laundry in public and proved they couldn't be trusted with secrets.

She's never, ever able to admit that she might be wrong about anything. Even the "regrets" stuff is still blowing smoke up her own arse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.