Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbub

VIP Member
Well here's my 2ps worth, Harry will attend the funeral. His piece of shit wife will not. She's gutless, and gonna leave the scumbag Harry to face the family alone. If it wasn't a funeral, and no public allowed, I'd like to see him get booed. Both of them should hang their heads in shame. As should Oprah fucking Winfrey. He'll show up because he knows that would be the final straw if he didn't. The family knew, christ we all knew, that the Dukes days were numbered. They still chose to go ahead with that winge fest of an interview.

He never meant to hurt anyone??? WELL YOU FUCKING DID!! And now you can't undo it. Your grandfather has gone to his grave.

I've had my say.

His death is felt all over the UK. I live in rural Sussex and even my neighbours flag pole is at half mast.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

freda19

VIP Member
I havent read many of the posts on here so if this has already been said before then I apologise for repeating it but it occurred to me that the unfeeling comment of "Thankyou for your service...you will be greatly missed." was actually written in spite because it reads as a sarcastic tone and might as well have had (NOT) in brackets added to the end of it.
I hope that responce given in that way was because Prince Philip had had words with Harry and told him 'exactly' what he thought of the whole situation and had chastised him thoroughly.

I hope too that the Covid quarantine rules make it impossible for him to come. He can ofcourse watch the funeral live on TV. Thats as close as we want him because he surely had upset his grandfather when told what had been happening during his hospital stay and the last thing Her Majesty needs is to come face to face with her lying scheming brat of a Grandson.

Just needed to write that. Thankyou
I agree with that BIB especially. I think that Phillip let him have both barrels at the Sandringham meeting before storming out. We saw the images of Phil being driven off with a face like thunder and we all know that straight talking was Phil's way. I could totally see him ripping hazno's bollox off verbally as soon as he saw him that day ... then Brenda saying "Ok Philip, that's enough now, you go and relax and Charles Wills and I will deal with this". I think that was the worst day in hazno's life. Honestly, this sounds harsh but probably even worse than the day Di died. Back then he was a kid and the day was horrific of course but as a kid he will have been unable to see the full picture yet, just that his mum was gone and things were strange. He was used to her being 'gone' flitting around the world so 'gone for good' may not have sunk in. It takes time for it to register really at that age. But as an adult the Sandringham day will have knocked him for 6.
First he has to face the family, be ripped a new arsehole by Phil, then be told "NO Harry, you cannot play half-in half-out with unlimited funds from us" by the people who had always always let him have his way.😱 Then he went directly to the quibi(?)streaming service meeting and likely made a fool of himself among the movers and shakers of business, since it ended up bearing no financial fruit for he and his meggy. Then he had to do the Sentable farewell event on his own. And through it all his wife stayed safe in Canada despite promising to be there for him that day. No wonder he looked shell shocked at that event. He was going to have to face smeggy with failures and his gramps had ripped his head off and shit down his neck in front of 'perfect' Wills, papa and gangan.
I think all those failures coming together twisted his brain and made him totally hate his family for not falling in line with the Great Plan that mummy meggy had mapped out for them pre wedding ... building a royal court in Hollyweird and living high on the hog on royal funding while raking in gazillions flogging cheap tatt with crowns emblazoned on it to simpletons. He's vindictive and will have been nursing the failures of that day in his black heart ready to pounce and do payback once his ickle meggy set things up. The orca interview was him sticking it to his family in revenge for them thwarting meggy's plans. Gramps dying means nothing to him. It's just another inconvenience *they* have foisted on him to force him to make difficult choices ... stay or go. It's all about Harry you see.:rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I know HMQ is strong, but she's 95 and now having lost her rock, I fear it may not be that long ......

• Sad
Reactions: 61

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Did we enter the twilight zone or something?! Donald Trump releasing a coherent and heartfelt statement and Prince Phillip's own grandson just saying like 'yeah RIP or whatever, he was a good man! Gonna miss him'

• Heart
  • Sad

AnderbeauAnderbeau

Chatty Member
I thought this would be a good way to pay tribute to Prince Philip and his legacy of true service. Rest in peace.
A well-decorated man. Wasn't he just a shining example of honour, support and duty? I've learned so much more about him today that has only raised him higher in my esteem. I'm not even British but can respect and admire a decent, hardworking and fun loving human.

The harkles' statement is so utterly cold and perfunctory. "Thank you for your service", is a very American (and well-meaning) sentiment bestowed upon serving or retired members of the military.

I loved how they didn't get a look in in coverage on BBC today and tonight apart from a blink-and-you'll-miss-it clip from their wedding. They showed a family portrait too of Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth with Charles and his boys and Catherine BUT NO MEGHAN 😂

Sidenote, wasn't Philip such a handsome man? I read a book some time ago about the governess to taught the young princesses and she highlighted how the young Elizabeth was so utterly enchanted by this tall, handsome, blonde, young man from when she first laid her eyes on him aged 12/13. This has endured and I love to see candid shots of them and the shared intimacy you can see in how they look at one another. Gyles Brandreth said today about how Philip once, at some function, looked across the room at Elizabeth, raised his glass to her and winked. I think it is my favourite little anecdote I heard today. It showed their closeness, a little glimpse of the couple behind the formal facade. She will be utterly lost without him. His presence was larger than life in all aspects of her life, public and private. 💔

• Heart

Heidi88

VIP Member
You can have 30 people. There is room for Andrew to stand at the back. It’s his dad so he should be there.
I'm no fan of Andrew but Prince Philip was his father. He should not have to stand at the back and I very much doubt he will.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Limey

VIP Member
I wonder if a lot of this was recorded for his 100th but edited recently giving his failing health.

This is such a good informative programme.
I've got so much time for Edward now, he and Sophie work tirelessly and don't expect headlines.

• Heart

el_coochita

I’m not sure if this has been posted, looks like Gayle king is being mocked for asking if PP died of natural causes.

Apologies if it’s been posted already.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cbs-gayle-king-slammed-questioning-23886543
I'm so sorry for laughing but I honestly couldn't help it. "Was it natural causes??"... at 99 years of age.

Nah you daft bint, it was an amateur rugby match, he tried to tackle one of the palace guards and it went disastrously wrong.

I mean for fuck's sake

• Haha
  • Sad

50sGirl

VIP Member
“One steps out with actresses, one doesn’t marry ‘em “ Prince Philip
I’m still many pages behind so it may have already been suggested but I think in honour of Prince Philip we should have his quote as our next thread title.
We could even say in the first post “Thanks to HRH Prince Philip for the thread title suggestion!” 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

SweetSummerChild

VIP Member
Here we go...

I believe this is pretty much true. It was known that Prince Philip was fading away, and we know that Harry didn't travel to UK, let alone her Megness.
Harry really is irredeemably lost. There’s no way back from this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

Tofino

VIP Member
They are complete bastards. Had to get their statement out there first before Charles, William and other members of the RF.
yea this too. I don’t know what normal protocol is, if we are to expect personal tributes in the coming days from individual households. But we can be certain it was never meant to be from the Sussexes first. Absolute arseholes. We knew they would find a way to make it about themselves and here we are. Less than six hours after his death was announced.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 58

OiOiNoseyParker

I made the mistake of looking on twitter...so many sugars saying 'can't wait for the daily mail to blame Meghan for Philip's death'. When a) no doubt the stress and misery she caused was a contributing factor, b) how dare they make his death all about her being a victim.
Also quotes of Philip being a Nazi - wtf?! His mother is buried in Jerusalem, they helped hide Greek Jews in the war. Also actually fought AGAINST them in the war. Its infuriated me.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Thanks for new respectful thread Ruby and keylime pie.

That statement of theirs sounds like something a boss would say to a former worker

• Heart
  • Angry

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Both Thomas Markle and Prince Philip had heart surgery and when recovering in hospital not only did HnM not visit, they made things much worse by firstly slagging off TM and lying that they texted him and then trashing PPs family.

They really are despicable. I've never known anyone like them

• Angry