Harry and Meghan #75 Hostage Haz out for show, blink once for yes and twice for no

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was in work I was required to take a statement from a victim. I arrived in the early morning 8.30. Victim was up but was shaking so badly and could barely speak. He politely asked if he could have a drink. Of course says I. Not expecting him to come out of the kitchen with 2 2litre bottles of lightning jack cider. After drinking 4 litres in under 5 minutes I was thinking to myself I wasn't going to get a statement. However within a few minutes the shakes had stopped and his speech improved and we were away. The gentleman could function perfectly well and better with a drink than he could without. Now I've got to the end of this I can't remember for the life of me my point. I'm hopeful I will recall and once I do I'll edit. #dick
My sisters at this point of alcoholism, she's had a couple of seizures to. It's heartbreaking

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Well done to Catherine for quietly going to pay her respects.

( but also with the added bonus of clapping back at the "trapped in a Palace" story. )

Cue Montecito plates smashing - it seems she's been caught out in yet another lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Since I was bored this afternoon I posted on Sharon Osbourne's Instagram page that she did nothing wrong, I sent an insta6message to CBS about the use of the misleading newspaper articles posted on the Interview with old orca, i posted on cbs news page under a pic of Galloping Gayle saying her and her girlfriend were race bating, I also sent an Instagram message to the View on Instagram telling them to get Joyce Behar to educate herself on what the Queen and Prince Philip actually did in the war and also that "The Crown" was a drama series and did not portray the Royal Family in a true light.

I've decided I'm not going to be a Twitter because if they're as bad as some of those idiots on Oprah's page I'd honestly get arrested.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Out of everything that could possibly happen I really hope William, Camilla and Kate crush any possibility of Chas dithering over this.

Meghan will be livid if they don’t get a title and now we know how desperate she is it’s all the more important they don’t ever get them.

She’ll merch the tit out of it.
This has made me laugh, it's so spot on. In all the back and forthing on here, if we bring the interview down to basics we get that they are running out of cash, are bitter about it and need the cachet that titles will give them.

WE WANT TITLES FOR OUR CROTCH GOBLINS AND WE WANT OUR SECURITY PAID FOR OR WE'LL SCREAM RACIST RACIST RACIST TILL WE ARE
SICK!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
This has made me laugh, it's so spot on. In all the back and forthing on here, if we bring the interview down to basics we get that they are running out of cash, are bitter about it and need the cachet that titles will give them.

WE WANT TITLES FOR OUR CROTCH GOBLINS AND WE WANT OUR SECURITY PAID FOR OR WE'LL SCREAM RACIST RACIST RACIST TILL WE ARE
SICK!!!!!

Could not believe the brain dead idiots on gogglebox gasping in horror about how it was so unfair that Archie wouldn’t have security. It’s disgusting how it was framed as if it was taken away from him because he would be partially mixed race. HE WOULD NEVER HAVE GOT IT, ITS NOT PROTOCOL OR HIS BIRTHRIGHT. Sorry haha I’m just so sick of these idiots taking it all at face value and knowing precisely none of the facts or context.

Reactions: 38
You are on fire with that title @keylimepie and thank you @Rubythefirebat for refreshing the threads for another 50 pages of Harkletastic madness

Great reminder of what happened on the day when 'Megz told Harry she couldn't go on any longer, and she was afraid of being left alone'

And who was staying with the Harkles that very same weekend? Makeup artist Daniel Martin

I have had friends and close family who have dealt with severe depression and can say with my hand on my heart that no way would they have been able to go to a public event at Mayhew, dress up for the public at Cirque du Soleil in a full evening gown and makeup (hours of preparation), entertain weekend guests, make elaborate instagrammable avocado toast, then be out and about for a public lunch calling in the paparazzi. So Meghan's experience of depression is not one I recognise. But, you know, experiences may vary.
Do they look lime the ankles of a "heavily pregnant" woman in the evening black strappy shoes after being out through gh the day in equally high stelleto shoes?? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Meanwhile her co-host is gloating :rolleyes:

She added, "And I want people to know this, I believe that God was telling me, 'I have a plan for you. I am about to pour down a blessing upon you. I just need to know, are you ready because you will face this again?' "

"I thought we were having a conversation like we normally do. But then I got a feeling that, wait a minute, this ain't what it usually is," she explained. "I also got another feeling of, okay, Sheryl, this is time for you to step up into the leadership position … this is time for you to show what you're made of, and in a personal way. No matter what somebody says about you, I can show you something better than I can tell you."

And in the show one of them said they were friends and I'm sure it was sheryl who said it.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
And in the show one of them said they were friends and I'm sure it was sheryl who said it.
Sheryl COULD have placated the woke loons by sticking up for her "friend" (maybe she just calls Sharon that on-air?) and assuring them that a white woman and a black woman can agree to disagree. And clarify her stance, assuming about a person's character or viewpoints by who they are friends with (Piers Morgan) is ridiculous.

That sort of "stereotyping" should be familiar to her? Y'know, it's kinda like racism?

I get that people on TV likely have monster egos, but Sheryl definitely makes it all about her, not a word about Sharon or even what they were discussing. Bizarre.

This game of Top Trumps/checkmate all by virtue of being dark-toned is really tiresome.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I missed some chunks of threads after the interview as they were so fast moving, but was this article shared? Not only a terrible invasion of privacy if true (so it must have been authorised!) she did actually get help at the time after all! No doubt she’s embellishing the truth with this supposed conversation with HR. Maybe she did ask them but it was a total set up. It’s ridiculous to think she would genuinely go to palace HR for this reason when she has palace doctors, personal aides, a husband and other members of the royal family. I’m so angry she’s doing this to people.

Meghan told me about her problems – this is a storm that could have been avoided
As the debate sparked by the Sussexes now rages over who is in the right and who is in the wrong, could there have been another way forward?
Bryony Gordon8 March 2021 • 7:50pm
Almost 18 months ago I sat on a sofa with a woman as she told me about the moment she had asked for help for her mental health, only to be denied it. I remember quite clearly the visceral feeling I had in my stomach as she explained to me what she had been told: and that was to suck it up, essentially. No can do. The feeling was visceral because, like many people who have experienced mental illness, I know what a colossal task it is to admit you are in trouble with your mental health. I also know what an absolute kick in the teeth it is to then be dismissed, shut down and denied that help.
As a mental health campaigner, people come to me with these problems quite a lot, but I had never imagined that Meghan Markle would be one of them. I remember the call I received from an aide, one Friday night in October 2019, asking if I might be free to go to Frogmore Cottage and have a cup of tea with the Duchess over the next few days. I’d met Meghan on a number of occasions by this point, and enjoyed a chatty lunch with her where we talked about yoga and shared monkfish. Arrangements were made. I turned up in Windsor a couple of days later with a box of chocolate brownies and what I hoped was a friendly demeanour. Like Meghan, I love rescuing things.

Bryony Gordon hugs the Duchess of Sussex during the Royal Foundation Forum in 2018 Credit: Pool/Reuters
The most surprising thing about the various meetings I’ve had with Meghan and Harry over the years has always been how very normal they both are. That day, as she shared her mental health issues, things were no different. Mental health, I have found, is a great leveller – the problems you hear tend to be the same whether you are speaking to a duke, a duchess or a supermarket delivery driver. Meghan told me many of the things she told Oprah on Sunday night and expressed her dismay and bafflement over some of the responses to her. I felt desperately sad for her, and wanted to offer some sort of advice. I am afraid to say I could come up with nothing more constructive than: “Why don’t you jack it all in?”
I had a hug with Archie. Harry gave me a lift to my Uber, which was waiting at the gates of Windsor Castle, and we spoke about their recent tour of South Africa. Harry spoke lovingly of the impression that his wife made on the young girls they met, and how she didn’t understand the impact she had. But we also discussed guinea pigs (I had just taken delivery of some for my daughter, and Harry fondly recalled that he and William had kept them as pets when they were children). This to me sums up the madness of life as a royal: one minute you are navigating your relationship with the world’s media, the next you are chatting about small furry pets.

Bryony met Prince Harry in 2017 to do a podcast on mental health Credit: Andrew Crowley for The Telegraph
It’s hard to underline how amenable and human I find the two of them, because every time I do this, I am met with eye rolls and pre-judgements that no amount of defending will ever be able to cut through. But my only job is to speak as I find, and what I have always found – from the moment I started working with Harry on the Heads Together campaign back in 2016, up until today – are two convivial, good-natured humans who are trying to do their best… however ill-timed that may look to a public who has perhaps learnt more about the Royal Family in the past 24 hours than in the past 24 years.

Words such as ‘shock’ and ‘surprise’ have been bandied about by many. But for me – as someone who knows people on both sides of this story – my biggest feeling is sadness: sadness for Meghan and Harry, of course, but also for William and Catherine and a family who, for whatever reason, were unable to see a third way through this.
You don’t have to be on any particular side to see that this interview with Oprah is the mere tip of an iceberg that is loaded with endless pain. “Are you Team Sussex or Team Cambridge,” I was asked recently, by a royal documentary maker. To which my only real answer was: can I be Team Human?
Any woman is vulnerable when they are pregnant – let alone one who has moved across an ocean and given up a career to be with a man whose family you have to curtsey to. There was always going to be a clash of cultures here. Whether she should have been more prepared for the ‘job’ of a duchess can be argued about by experts in royal protocol, of which I am not. But it is clear that in Meghan, the Monarchy had an opportunity to move with the times – and for some reason, they decided to let it go. From the start, she was enthusiastic and energetic, buzzing with ideas about charitable causes that could be supported. Here was a woman who had considerable experience of public life, unlike others who had married into the Royal Family before her. But as she said in the Oprah interview, it was suggested that she stayed out of the limelight. “I was everywhere but nowhere,” she explained, before adding, poignantly, that all the drama seemed to be happening “just because I was breathing”.

The sense of permanently being somehow faulty or wrong is one that those who have suffered mental illness will know well. To have admitted that there was a problem – one that Meghan describes as making her feel “ashamed” – was absolutely essential. To have then had that problem dismissed, as she says happened when she asked for help, makes me wince, in the same way I wince when someone in distress tells me about being ignored by their partner, mum, dad or GP. Sadly, it happens to people all the time, and Meghan helps everyone – the Royal Family included – by talking about it.
Today Meghan has risked being dismissed all over again. She knows that her critics will double down, and that they will probably switch from throwing stones to throwing rocks. But to her, that is not a reason to avoid talking about these things…in fact, it’s more of a reason to talk about them.

Within hours of the interview being aired, the usual suspects were pumping out their bullets, describing the interview as “disgraceful” and even going as far as to accuse Meghan of lying. I know this will upset Meghan, but I’m pretty sure it won’t surprise her any more. As the couple were told again and again when they asked for help: “This is just how it is.”

It’s this that I find so disturbing. That in the year 2021, our grasp on mental health issues is still so weak that in many quarters, it is simply easier to belittle those who talk about having them than it is to feel any compassion for them. Much of the response to this interview is similar to the one thousands of people experience every day. Pipe down. Know your place. Shut up, stop complaining, and do what you’re told.
During the interview, Harry wondered out loud if we had learnt nothing. By the end of it, I think I had learnt this: that, as is almost always the case with life, there are no winners or losers here, just a bunch of gloriously messy humans trying to do their best. It’s the same for most people, regardless of money or occupation. I just wish that, like Meghan, more of us were able to ask for help… and that, unlike Meghan, more of us were able to get it. Until then, these “shocking” and “surprising” conversations aren’t going anywhere. And whether they are outside or inside the Royal Family, they will always need to be had.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
I hate to bring up race but it has become the central conversation about Meghan thanks to wokes. I’m so glad to see an educated black woman speak the truth, with humility and intelligence. Good for her, these are the people we need to listen to, not wokes who shout and scream that white people are violent racists.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m glad Kate went without bodyguards. She didn’t need them and it would have looked awful if she’d had them.....Sarah didn’t have a bodyguard. If only she had, poor love.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

SICK!!!!!

It reminds me of Asterix and Obelix in Spain: "I will stop breathing":)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What sort of hole would have stood and filmed Kate doing that today on Clapham Common?

And there was a very visible lack of protection around her......... showing that you can be Royal and live a relatively normal life when you want to, even when you're the Mother to the future heir to the throne.
It was someone from SkyNews, off-duty, hence the phone camera footage. Her RPO was there, you can see her behind.

Reactions: 22
If SkidMarkle had gone she’d have taken a Vogue photographer & had a b&w pic up on IG the same evening.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.