Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

georg

Being French and having lived in the UK for a few years I never understood why the brits speak so much of their special relationship with the US. For me, the Brits are SO European. I feel so many points in common with the Brits, that I don't feel at all with the Americans. The Meghan & Harry debacle clearly shows how different british and American people are. In France for example most journalist, left and right, are criticizing them. In the US, they are all pro Meghan(only because she's mixed race) and Harry. Even Clinton and Biden are officially giving an opinion on the matter. It's frankly grotesque.

• Heart
Reactions: 103

mb1202

VIP Member
Just an observation - but in the first few sentences Oprah says "thanks for inviting me to the wedding". Surely someone who is impartial should have done it?
She should have at least qualified it and said ‘thanks for inviting me to the wedding before we’d even met’. I love how now all these people are coming out and saying the monarchy is a disgusting racist institution, but at the wedding they were happy to prance around in their finery and enjoy the royals’ hospitality. Hypocritical c*nts.

• Heart
Reactions: 102

igiveup

VIP Member
I don’t think she would be happy that she’s at the bottom of the pit with Andrew.
732E2B5B-2FD1-447D-B941-7FCC1FB49826.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87

RedHotMoon

Just an observation - but in the first few sentences Oprah says "thanks for inviting me to the wedding". Surely someone who is impartial should have done it?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 86

mb1202

VIP Member
Posted this on the last thread but thought I’d put it here too for anyone who needs their sanity restored and doesn’t understand how so many are taken in by MMs bullshit:

I’ve been trying to work out what the fuck is possessing all of their supporters. Why do they believe her, why are they drawn into the lies? Then it hit me, the thing that all her supporters have in common is that they have done no research, and have no nuance or context with it all. It’s all buzzwords from the social media echo chamber, with no meaning or facts behind them. On the other hand, the thing that her critics have in common is absolute droves of backed up evidence and facts, not just ‘she’s black that’s why you hate her’.

A very long winded way of me saying their supporters have zero critical faculties, intelligence and to a greater extent, individualism. They’re happy to follow the herd and be outraged without even bothering to find out the truth

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85

RedHotMoon

I'm sorry but this whole thing is just as undignified as going on Jeremy Kyle and admitting you don't know who the father of your baby is because you used a mars bar wrapper as a condom with one. Why air your dirty laundry so publicly whilst demanding you want privacy?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
DE51AFDC-55E2-4006-B7D3-B07DE8916332.jpeg

He is of the same race, so commenters can’t call him ‘racist’, so this man OBVIOUSLY has a ‘wounded ego’... has nothing to do with the fact that he has very clearly stated why he thinks it was inappropriate.

Just because you have a difference of opinion doesn’t make people ‘racist’ or there’s another reason for it, he’s SAID what it is. What is wrong with these (woke) people? What ever happened to simply saying “ok, we will just have to agree to differ!” and moving on like rational adults?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

Rayne

VIP Member
Cleanup Operations are still ongoing following Post-Tropical Cyclone Harry 🌪

The Royal Damage Control operations are on manoeuvres and initial reports are encouraging.

Thank you to @Rayne for a deadly thread title - winner by a mile!

Continues from last thread here
Thank you for setting the thread up and thank you to all you peasants who voted for my thread title now I have found my voice

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

bitterntwisted

VIP Member
Being French and having lived in the UK for a few years I never understood why the brits speak so much of their special relationship with the US. For me, the Brits are SO European. I feel so many points in common with the Brits, that I don't feel at all with the Americans.
As a Canadian, I find it delusional and quite frankly stupid how the elite and some segments of British society buy into this "special relationship" fairytale. The US is like the guy who is a player, with several girls on the go. He tells everyone of them that they are "special," but the only loyalty he has is to himself. With Canada, they share the largest undefended border in the world, largest trading partner status, we are supposedly the best of friends. Quite honestly, it doesn't feel that way most of the time. We have had water stolen, we have been screwed over in trade deals and the level of ignorance about us is mindboggling. There is this idea that we are jealous with noses pressed up against the glass, wishing we could be them or we are pale imitations of them and again not true.

I don't like the influence that the States has over the world and the fact that anything that is going on there somehow translates to everywhere else. I wish there was a leader in a Western country who would crack the whip and say quite bluntly to them to STFU. Especially since the past 4 years of creating havoc in the world, you would think there would be a time of penance for them, some humility and reflection, but that is not going to happen. This whole debacle has shown that; some of them foaming at the mouth to stick it to the Brits, it's disgusting. Glass houses anyone? Then I think about how Canada has always stood by Britain, but it feels like it never gets acknowledged. We were there to stand by Britain from day one of two world wars, while the US were Johnny come latelys. For a good couple of decades Canada has contributed to not only talent, but finance in the British film industry. The world is a smaller place and I think it behooves Britain to strengthen its historic ties, especially after Brexit.

The abuse TRF is getting is just appalling. As for Piers Morgan “quitting” can we get him over here as I think he’s the only person who speaks ANY sense about these two halfwits
I wondered why Piers is so invested in Meghan and Harry, but if you think about his years of working in the media it started to make sense to me and why he walked off set. With all of his experience and contacts, he knows something and he knows a lot. I don't think it has to do so much about weather dude, rather he was about to slip and caught himself. Why would he stick his neck out and call them/her liars? :unsure: I think he knows a hell of a lot more about these two than he can let let on. We all know that the media is sitting on a mountain of damning stories.

• Heart

RedHotMoon

She should have at least qualified it and said ‘thanks for inviting me to the wedding before we’d even met’. I love how now all these people are coming out and saying the monarchy is a disgusting racist institution, but at the wedding they were happy to prance around in their finery and enjoy the royals’ hospitality. Hypocritical c*nts.
YES! My whole view of that interview was that it was made for an American audience, who have no idea of how the monarchy works. I wouldn't think twice of having to curtsy for the queen, regardless of where we were. Why does she think she's above that?

• Heart
  • Haha

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
_20210310_092531.JPG
This was posted on the previous thread.
The source of this MUST be established and it's validity confirmed. THIS. WOULD. BE. EPIC.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Rayne

VIP Member
Next Thread title suggestion:

Harry & Meghan #72 Harry forgot his lines, so recollections may vary

I bet he spent the night in the chicken house after his performance

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

vp79

I'm reading Lady C's book about H&M at the moment and I came across this passage about an alleged racist comment made when M was at uni, sorry its a bit long but I think it's very relevant right now!

"Someone who knows Meghan well from childhood warns against taking these defining moments too literally. She has always had a propensity to embellish, to draw dramatic lessons out of the most anodyne events, and, especially since she became a public figure, to use poetical licence to highlight a point she wishes to make but which might not actually have happened the way she recounts it. Since investigation has never been able to turn up this racist dorm mate, notwithstanding the fact that there are records of which students shared quarters, it seems likely that this story is apocryphal rather than reminiscent. Her friend explains, ‘The way to tell is how neatly they [Meghan’s reminiscences] fit the story. Meg’s inventions are too tailor-made to be reliable. People just don’t act the way she says. Once you know her, you can tell which stories are Meghan and which really happened."

Sound familiar? 😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
YES! My whole view of that interview was that it was made for an American audience, who have no idea of how the monarchy works. I wouldn't think twice of having to curtsy for the queen, regardless of where we were. Why does she think she's above that?
I don't know if it was an intention of the interview BUT she came across to me, along with other things, as being stupid.
Did no research about the British Royal Family before joining it.
Didn't realise she would need to curtsey.
Talked about getting an Uber from the palace.
She got the whole story about Archies skin colour wrong.
Thought they (the Royal Family) would be like or treated like celebrities are in USA. (Not sure about this one, but she said something along these lines)
Just complete disrespect/dismissive attitude for the British Royal Family.
A lot of what she said made it sound like she was being held captive.
They took her passport and other things from her. When did she even think she would be lining up at customs again?

She just came across as bit dim.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I don't think I'm alone in suffering from Harkle fatigue....🙄
How they can do such an incendiary interview, never mention the pandemic, or her family, then put out a sickly photograph of themselves is beyond me.
They both need help.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

Pixillated

I read in one article that was posted.

Andrew Morton (Diana's biographer) - The Sun

“ ‘Like the time-travelling whirlpool in the hit comedy movie [Hot Tub Time machine], I was spun back through the decades to the 1990s when Princess Diana talked to me about her torrid time inside the Royal Family.

'It was as though her ghost hovered over the two-hour Oprah Winfrey special.

'Time after time, Meghan spoke in the same language and with the same sentiments as the late Princess. It was uncanny.

'Loneliness, suicidal tendencies, exhaustion, a prisoner of the Palace — but respect for the Queen.'”

Ummm, because she studied Diana and that interview. (Sigh)

• Sick
  • Heart

mb1202

VIP Member
I don’t think she would be happy that she’s at the bottom of the pit with Andrew. View attachment 475355
Sick of the Andrew comparison. He is being dealt with, just in the quiet, discreet typical royal way. Not being splashed over tacky American TV interviews. He is a pariah who has no official duties. As for the title he is a born royal, and the monarchs son. As far as I’m aware they cannot remove the ‘prince’ title. Also as far as Andrew’s interview, are people suggesting he wasn’t absolutely annihilated and hated after that? Because he absolutely was.
I’m just unsure of how Andrew is anything to do with it. So ok Andrew is a massive creep, and probably so entitled he thought it would never catch up with him. Why does that mean we can’t criticise meghan? 🤦‍♀️

• Heart