Harry and Meghan #52 We’ll ask the question Meg won’t say - Thomas Markle, are you ok?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations once again to @50sGirl with her title suggestion way back on Dec 23rd with a staggering 62 likes!

(I've put it back from "Meghan and Harry" to "Harry and Meghan" so that the tag works properly ... and because if she ever reads Tattle it will probably annoy her more to see her pet's name first!)

Carrying on from here

Latest news on Planet Smeghan: It's all about poor Missing Merchiedoll now, who still hasn't put in a real believeable appearance for some time now.

From a shady Corel Draw processed Christmas Card said by many to feature the filtered head of Prince George in place of young Archie, sitting in front of a tiny playhouse that probably doubles as the kennel where Haznoballs and his stash of grey polo shirts are kept.

To a dull spotify cringecast from Archewoke Audio, featuring the voice of a child of some sort that we're told is Archie, repeating words like a performing seal, on the end of a sermon which they've had to call in favours from the likes of Elton John and James Corden to get listeners!

Watch the podcast charts here to see how they get on:
Lots of great podcasts from other people on those lists too, so that you don't have to listen to theirs.

No word of Doris for a while now either. Guess she is very busy keeping the Corona out of her vast care home empire?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Thanks for the thread, @kev1974 and bravo on the title, @50sGirl.

I listened to the snippet of Archie talking, and it sounded more like a 3-year-old to me.

Reactions: 23
Big thanks for the timely new thread, @kev1974 and applause for the title, @50sGirl. 🤣

Googling 'Archewell Audio reviews' is something that the Harkles probably shouldn't be doing today. ;)

The Times goes for 'Like GOOP - but without the fun' (Archived in full here https://archive.ph/dicbD)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...eview-like-goop-but-without-the-fun-xg989p0ht

The first episode of Harry and Meghan’s podcast Archewell Audio introduces a world where chefs don’t cook, they “empower communities through food”; where people don’t do things, they “manifest” them; where people don’t “say”, they “share” and so on. It’s all blandly Californian. Like Goop but without the fun.

This opener explores the importance of “the power of connection” in the past year. Harry and Meghan introduce audio clips of various celebrities, including James Corden, Elton John, George the Poet, Stacey Abrams, Matt Haig, Naomi Osaka and Deepak Chopra, talking about what they’ve learnt in 2020.

Some of the stories are tragic (relatives with terminal cancer diagnoses, missed funerals, Covid hospitalisations), others are more banal. George the Poet acquired a “deeper appreciation for going out for a walk”, the activist Rachel Cargle discovered “how much of a spiritual practice simplicity and solitude can be”.

It’s remarkable how similar everyone sounds (Harry has de-poshed to the point of saying “I wanna”). All the stories are told in a sort of vulnerable and wistful tone that I suppose must be how everyone talks in LA. Inspirational piano music plays throughout. It’s all very tasteful and unchallenging. The show’s stated aim is to “build community through shared experience, narratives, and values”, which I suppose is vague enough that it’s hard to say whether it succeeded or not.

To me it all seems inoffensive, if naff. I imagine most people will find it too dull to get through the whole thing (it seems to have been made more to burnish the egos of its hosts than to entertain listeners). Meanwhile, professional Harry and Meghan haters will find much to froth about, especially the (admittedly amusing) bit where they end the episode by playing a recording of This Little Light of Mine (“A song that means so much to us,” Harry intones earnestly). And then they disappear, presumably to do more manifesting and nurturing.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Thanks for the thread guys.

I don't think Archie sounds American. He pronounces New as new and not as 'noo' as Americans do.. eg happy new year and not happy noo year. Does that makes sense? I know what I mean lol

Tourre bakhai

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Congratulations once again to @50sGirl with her title suggestion way back on Dec 23rd with a staggering 62 likes!

(I've put it back from "Meghan and Harry" to "Harry and Meghan" so that the tag works properly ... and because if she ever reads Tattle it will probably annoy her more to see her pet's name first!)

Carrying on from here

Latest news on Planet Smeghan: It's all about poor Missing Merchiedoll now, who still hasn't put in a real believeable appearance for some time now.

From a shady Corel Draw processed Christmas Card said by many to feature the filtered head of Prince George in place of young Archie, sitting in front of a tiny playhouse that probably doubles as the kennel where Haznoballs and his stash of grey polo shirts are kept.

To a dull spotify cringecast from Archewoke Audio, featuring the voice of a child of some sort that we're told is Archie, repeating words like a performing seal, on the end of a sermon which they've had to call in favours from the likes of Elton John and James Corden to get listeners!

Watch the podcast charts here to see how they get on:
Lots of great podcasts from other people on those lists too, so that you don't have to listen to theirs.

No word of Doris for a while now either. Guess she is very busy keeping the Corona out of her vast care home empire?
Maybe she is still in prison 😄 x

Resizer_16093317600991.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Big thanks for the timely new thread, @kev1974 and applause for the title, @50sGirl. 🤣

Googling 'Archewell Audio reviews' is something that the Harkles probably shouldn't be doing today. ;)

The Times goes for 'Like GOOP - but without the fun' (Archived in full here https://archive.ph/dicbD)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...eview-like-goop-but-without-the-fun-xg989p0ht

The first episode of Harry and Meghan’s podcast Archewell Audio introduces a world where chefs don’t cook, they “empower communities through food”; where people don’t do things, they “manifest” them; where people don’t “say”, they “share” and so on. It’s all blandly Californian. Like Goop but without the fun.

This opener explores the importance of “the power of connection” in the past year. Harry and Meghan introduce audio clips of various celebrities, including James Corden, Elton John, George the Poet, Stacey Abrams, Matt Haig, Naomi Osaka and Deepak Chopra, talking about what they’ve learnt in 2020.

Some of the stories are tragic (relatives with terminal cancer diagnoses, missed funerals, Covid hospitalisations), others are more banal. George the Poet acquired a “deeper appreciation for going out for a walk”, the activist Rachel Cargle discovered “how much of a spiritual practice simplicity and solitude can be”.

It’s remarkable how similar everyone sounds (Harry has de-poshed to the point of saying “I wanna”). All the stories are told in a sort of vulnerable and wistful tone that I suppose must be how everyone talks in LA. Inspirational piano music plays throughout. It’s all very tasteful and unchallenging. The show’s stated aim is to “build community through shared experience, narratives, and values”, which I suppose is vague enough that it’s hard to say whether it succeeded or not.

To me it all seems inoffensive, if naff. I imagine most people will find it too dull to get through the whole thing (it seems to have been made more to burnish the egos of its hosts than to entertain listeners). Meanwhile, professional Harry and Meghan haters will find much to froth about, especially the (admittedly amusing) bit where they end the episode by playing a recording of This Little Light of Mine (“A song that means so much to us,” Harry intones earnestly). And then they disappear, presumably to do more manifesting and nurturing.
It says a lot when you don't even have to listen to a brand new show to know exactly what the content is going to be like. That is a great review and what it describes is basically everything I would've expected from the podcast.

"The show’s stated aim is to “build community through shared experience, narratives, and values”, which I suppose is vague enough that it’s hard to say whether it succeeded or not."

That quote in particular sums up everything I hate about this kind of thing. A classic example of word salad right there; it sounds all posh and earnest, but in actual fact says absolutely nothing at all. How exactly do you build a community through a narrative? Not that I care....:sleep:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Thanks for the thread, @kev1974 and bravo on the title, @50sGirl.

I listened to the snippet of Archie talking, and it sounded more like a 3-year-old to me.
Completely agree. There’s no way he’d be able to pronounce those words so well at his age. Unless some kind of prodigy. He was babbling to duck rabbit in may.

Reactions: 22
Completely agree. There’s no way he’d be able to pronounce those words so well at his age. Unless some kind of prodigy. He was babbling to duck rabbit in may.
Voice Actor Archie for sure, and that whole section is edited together. Notice that 'baby Archie' doesn't say mama or dadda either.... Just reads his script to cue 🤣

Brought this over from the last thread with NZ, Ireland and South Africa added. Remember, Spotify pushed the Harkles as 'global voices'? Ooops.

Archewell Audio Spotify chart round up

- 17 in UK
- 28 in Ireland
- 23 in Canada
- 53 in Australia
- 68 in USA (!!!)
- 39 in New Zealand and down one place from yesterday!
- 72 in South Africa (but the stans have hauled it up 3 whole places from yesterday....)

Given the massive promo heavily featuring the first words spoken by 'Baby Archie' to get the audience, they'll be throwing teapots at those numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Voice Actor Archie for sure, and that whole section is edited together. Notice that 'baby Archie' doesn't say mama or dadda either.... Just reads his script to cue 🤣

Brought this over from the last thread with NZ, Ireland and South Africa added. Remember, Spotify pushed the Harkles as 'global voices'? Ooops.

- 17 in UK
- 28 in Ireland
- 23 in Canada
- 53 in Australia
- 68 in USA (!!!)
- 72 in South Africa (but the stans have hauled it up 3 whole places from yesterday....)

Given the massive promo heavily featuring the first words spoken by 'Baby Archie' to get the audience, they'll be throwing teapots at those numbers.
Surprised by these figures. Expected the USA to be higher than the UK
Great thread title @50sGirl and thanks to @kev1974 for starting a new thread 👏👏

Reactions: 13
Thanks for the thread guys.

I don't think Archie sounds American. He pronounces New as new and not as 'noo' as Americans do.. eg happy new year and not happy noo year. Does that makes sense? I know what I mean lol

Tourre bakhai

Its not 'New York' American as in 'Noo' but he's certainly got a heavy american twang in his inflection/intonation.

Reactions: 8
Shiny new thread, and those lovely Spotify chart numbers to enjoy over my lunchtime cuppa. 👌

Just wanted to add: the website linked above that show podcast rankings update their numbers sometimes as often as once per hour, so whatever numbers they show are always up-to-date.

I’ll also post this picture here from the first couple of pages of the last thread, where Smegma and Hazzard were seen out and about in Cali. After adjusting the exposure, it’s possible to see that she might have dusted off the moon bump:

03BECF8F-15AD-431C-A853-AAE026FA58CD.jpeg

But who can really say for sure?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sorry to hop in again but I've finally got around to watching The Crown on Netflix and it's incredible to see how times have changed. The Queen having to stop Princess Margaret from marrying Peter Townsend because he was divorced - and now its completely accepted (as it should be). I do wonder what the conversation between Harry and The Queen was like, I bet it reminded her of her sister, with all the media storm surrounding them. Albeit back then it was just newspapers and TV, unlike now with social media!

Reactions: 12
Article in a red top today about how Smeg had to take etiquette training beforejoiningthe Royals....didn't do her any good though.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

- 17 in UK
- 28 in Ireland
- 23 in Canada
- 53 in Australia
- 68 in USA (!!!)

When you quote these numbers what amount of people do they represent? Rated 17th in the UK from a viewership of what number? Is that available somewhere?

Reactions: 9
The podcast has shot up 42 places in the USA so someone’s listening (or relistening lol)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
The podcast has shot up 42 places in the USA so someone’s listening (or relistening lol)
It’s early morning in the US, isn’t it? Maybe some people listening on way to work, although why they’d make their commute even more miserable than usual I don’t know.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
17th in the UK is appalling... I think even Alfie Deyes’ excuse for a podcast was briefly higher than that, and he really is a nobody. And they’ve had a tonne of publicity and promotion as well, so a lot of the listens will be purely down to idle curiosity rather than any desire to hear them.

Anything less than #1 on launch day/day after is an unbelievable failure. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
When you quote these numbers what amount of people do they represent? Rated 17th in the UK from a viewership of what number? Is that available somewhere?
Where do Chartable's podcast charts come from?
We fetch charts directly from our chart providers as often as once an hour, and at least once per day—and we get charts from every country that we can, which means 155 different countries for Apple Podcasts!

ETA So those numbers were reported by Chartable from Spotify's Top 200 charts by country. Provided Spotify are reporting accurately, those charts reflect actual listeners on their site/apps

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.