Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I understand that Harry may have felt the third wheel when he was with William and Kate but how has he allowed their lovely friendship to be totally destroyed?
Smeagols fans have so much vitriol for Kate particularly and she was a good friend and support to Harry for many years.
Harry has acted like a completel cunt towards his caring brother and Kate who has done nothing wrong. He makes me sick🤮
Horrible whingeing little 💩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

Blade Runner

Chatty Member
Last night I was watching HIGNFY on Dave, from last year around the time of Archie’s birth and the secrecy about where he was born.
Paul Merton quipped that it was so secret she (M) was 15 miles away when the baby was born. 🤭😁

• Haha
  • Wow

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Just watching the Princess Anne documentary on +1. It should be compulsory viewing for Meghan and all of her sugars. As Anne has said (more or less) “been there, done that, got the t-shirt.” Meghan’s Stans think she’s so special, but Anne was a true trailblazer.
Same here just watching, what struck me was the Gatcombe horse trials take place on Princess Anne's front lawn, her and her children and grandchildren mixing with the general public and not a large black privacy screen in sight.....

freda19

VIP Member
she claims everyone treats her bad bc she's black, yet she surrounds herself with white girls... :rolleyes:
oh wait, i can't say "girl" or Haz will get offended 😄
Have you seen her sorority pictures? Lol. I don't think there's a black girl in the crowd. Maybe some hispanic girls but that's it.
Oddly enough she could have joined a black sorority but chose not to for some reason.:unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow

bubbadabut

VIP Member
The courtiers turn for their side of the story!

Very interesting article, especially the part about the staff departures. We've mentioned this bit about the nanny before, but it seems to have been confirmed now:

"Archie’s first nurse did not survive her second night before being ‘let go’ for ‘unprofessional and irresponsible’ conduct, according to Mr Scobie."

Wonder what she did? Forgot to charge the batteries? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

MillicentMargaret

He looks like he's thinking "how did it come to this, shilling for booking.com". Anyone can have a bad night but you'd think he'd be more engaged as this is part of "Brand Sussex" and their exciting new life as global philanthropists. ;)

I've been to the the website and it's a pile of nonsense word salad if ever there was one. A lot of talk about change, "commitment to the future" and "the time is now" and very little on how to practically achieve these goals. Especially if you're on a budget.

And for the next .year or so people aren't going to be worried about how environmentally friendly their travel is or how going to a destination that isn't normally a tourist destination helps the local economy. They're going to be worried about how to deal with infection risks, how much it costs in a potential economic crisis and if the government advice/laws are going to change whilst they're away being "eco friendly".

Harry missed the boat, he should have partnered up with someone to encourage staycations wherever you are.

• Heart

Uberrima fides

The Cambridges have released a lovely photo of. Louis to mark his second birthday. Can just hear the grinding of gnashers in a rental in LA.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I was CurlyWurlyTwirly on that thread. (I was there from the first one)
However, I left and deleted my account as I used to call out Meghan from years back and used to get slated for it; came to a head when they left in January and people were still defending her.
Mumsnet is way too woke. I much prefer tattle!
I had a short-lived unhealthy habit of reading Mumsnet when I was feeling particularly miserable about being single - because the variety of stories about nasty feckless or controlling "OH"s, bratty "DC"s and vile interfering "MIL"s made me feel grateful to be free.

I like the reply better

View attachment 196528
This is a false argument by "Prof" Williams - it wasn't genuine happiness which Harry found and this is what William (and the rest of us) could clearly see. I don't think anyone would begrudge him the love of a good woman who brought out the best in him.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Baguette

VIP Member
not sales wise. But for them it has.
Total disaster for Haz's reputation - he looks dim, entitled and petulant. I'm sticking with my gut instinct that Omid and Meg jointly threw Haz under the bus to set up the divorce narrative.

The publishers will be happy though. So many brand name checks just in the extracts - have they cut a deal for paid product placement?

Finding Freebies has a long book review in the Times today by very respected Valentine Low. It was pretty damning.

Another forum :coffee: (thank you) has spotted that it's been taken down (still in the print edition though). It's always interesting to have a second read of the stuff that disappears to have a think about what they didn't like.

It's long so I've spoiler tagged.

The Times Review

Finding Freedom by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand review — the truth behind Megxit? This new book gives the Sussexes’ side of the royal feud, writes Valentine Low

Friday July 31 2020, 5.00pm, The Times

Harry and Meghan met on a blind date in 2016

In the years to come, when historians come to unravel the chain of events that led to the downfall of the House of Windsor, perhaps they will pay particular attention to this book. Finding Freedom purports to be the first proper attempt to tell the truth about Megxit: how the Duke and Duchess of Sussex went from the golden couple who were going to modernise the monarchy for a new, emotionally literate, socially aware generation to the pair who found their lives so filled with misery and rancour that they ran away to California.

It is quite a journey. It takes us from Meghan landing in London in June 2016 when, apparently, she was a woman on a mission: no, not to bag herself a prince — that was to come later — but to go shoe shopping. Off she goes to Selfridges where, we are told, she enjoyed looking at her favourite designers, including Stella McCartney, Chloé and Marc Jacobs.

In between shopping trips, she is busy networking. Within a few days she is being set up with a blind date with Prince Harry. “Do you know what you’re letting yourself in for?” her London agent, Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne, asks over lunch.

“Well, it’s going to be an experience,” Meghan says. “And at least it will be a fun night.”

Meghan was right in one respect: the evening did go well. They chatted for nearly three hours, over beer for him, martini for her; he spoke about his charity work, she talked about her rescue dogs. There was no goodbye kiss, but the romance was on; by the time she was back in her hotel room, Harry was already texting her.

Meghan did not know what she was letting herself in for. There were warning signs early on, when Harry was so furious with what he saw as the racism and sexism in the tabloid coverage of his romance that he issued an angry statement condemning the “abuse and harassment” of Meghan. Prince Charles, meanwhile, was on tour in the Middle East, and only had 20 minutes’ notice of Harry’s incendiary statement. He was not best pleased. It was another harbinger of how Harry and Meghan would come to fall out with the other royal households.

By the time Meghan was pregnant with Archie, it was not short of all-out war. According to the authors, Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, senior courtiers in other households — the “men in grey suits” — were intent on reining in Harry and Meghan’s global popularity.
Who are these men in grey suits? It is never clear. They are not named. But they are a bad lot, it seems. The “establishment” even feared that Harry and Meghan’s popularity “might eclipse that of the royal family itself”. Really?

At this point the reader might reasonably ask, what exactly were these rotters doing? And how do we know? Scobie and Durand do not claim to have had interviews with Harry and Meghan, but they have spoken to them on occasions. They have also been introduced, with the help of the couple’s staff, to Harry and Meghan’s closest friends.

The result is that we get the pure, undiluted voice of H and M (as their staff call them). That makes this book an important contribution to the understanding of the biggest crisis in the royal family for more than 20 years. However, it is not necessarily an edifying experience, or indeed a reliable narrative. The main complaints, as far as one can tell, is that the Sussexes sometimes had to take a back seat in the royal pecking order when their proposals clashed with initiatives from Prince Charles or Prince William.

Did no one explain to Meghan that Charles is the heir to the throne, and William the next in line? And that the concept of monarchy is built upon the notion of hierarchy? If not, it was a woeful omission.

There are occasional attempts at balance, as when it is conceded that the way Harry and Meghan announced their plans to step down caused ill will in the rest of the family. Yet when Meghan is quoted as saying things such as “I gave up my entire life for this family. I was willing to do whatever it takes” one has to wonder about her capacity for self-awareness.

This is not to say that they weren’t genuinely unhappy, or that they did not feel unprotected by the Palace. They did. But this book has only one story to tell: how Harry and Meghan are the innocent victims of a wicked Palace and an even more wicked media, and it’s all everyone else’s fault. It cries out for a decent account of how things really fell apart.

The prose has its Mills & Boon moments. We learn that when Meghan moved in with Harry she immediately felt at home because “she’s always been able to bloom where she was planted”. When Harry took Meghan to Zambia, she “stretched her body into the perfect warrior pose”, which as well as being stunningly irrelevant raises the question: how did the authors know which yoga pose Meghan chose to adopt? Other than by her telling them?

Worst of all, on the evening she first visited Harry at Kensington Palace, we read that he was “every bit the gentleman” who would always gesture for her to go first. “The short walk from the living room would have been no different.” Please: too much information.

On and on it goes, detail after exhausting detail: the food they ate, the designers she wore, the finer points of Meghan’s packing technique. There are some exclusive nuggets, such as the fact that they got engaged several weeks earlier than anyone has realised. The name of their labrador, kept a secret for so long, is Pula.

However, for a book that sets out to put the record straight, there are curious omissions. There is nothing on the controversy over why they refused to divulge the names of Archie’s godparents, or what happened when she had an apparent meltdown on an official engagement in a market in Fiji. Their decision to set up their Megxit website on the sly without telling any of the royal family is skimmed over.

Some of it is just plain wrong. When they flew to Canada to get away from everyone in November last year, it wasn’t on Air Canada, as the authors claim, but a private jet (whoops). The authors use a couple of jobs undertaken by the couple to berate the press, complaining that coverage of their first trip to Wales omitted to point out that the reason they were an hour late was because their train was delayed. Not true: every newspaper said that their train was late. Instead of the couple being “pummeled with criticism”, the coverage was overwhelmingly positive. The Daily Mail, bête noire for Harry and Meghan, said she passed her initiation “with flying colours”.

A few days later, she wore a trouser suit to an awards ceremony. The book says she was “lambasted” for her fashion choice — in fact, she was widely praised. Laziness by the authors, who could have checked? Or cynicism?

Harry and Meghan had so much to offer. He was a popular and charming member of the royal family, with a drive and a sincerity that reached parts other royals could never reach. Meghan had glamour, intelligence, initiative and a fresh approach that could have transformed the monarchy. They could have done so much, which is why their departure was such a loss. They deserve a better account than this.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Asshats

Why should she? She’s got her own duties and a brood of small children. Bollocks to reaching out. Who caused the bloody problem? Twat features, that’s who.

• Heart

Palpatine

VIP Member
Also I reckon “mom” Doris is probably giving him a truth serum before the yoga sessions, and getting him to spill more and more secrets to hold over him.
Truth serums are highly unreliable. Chemicals only really work on those who are easily manipulated and a bit dim......Oh wait 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Meggy SUE in her own conniving way, has hitched her wagon to the wrong horse. Her scheme has fell right on it's arse! (and I'm glad). Instead of becoming the next "Queen of hearts". She has fucked up completely (and she must know it).
The grifter has conned herself a gullible prick, who was ripe for the picking, and because of his stupidity, he fell for it hook, line,and sinker. H was so used to getting his own way, that he ignored advice from those who could see where this was leading.
In my wee brain I believe the Royal family could have prevented this shit show of a marriage,but for some reason let it go ahead. Maybe they knew how this would all play out and wanted to prove it to H the hard way.
I never liked the look of MM from the minute I clapped eyes on the harpie. When I read articles saying "She was a breath of fresh air. She would have brought the Royals up to date". I'm thinking to myself "would she fuck". She is a opportunist who doesn't give a monkeys fuck about anything apart from herself. If H really is as fucked up, and as thick as mince. Surely we should feel sorry for the cunt.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Bastille

Chatty Member
I care about Black issues. I'm in Africa but in the UK no one asked me if I was okay.
Is that a civil war behind you?
Didn't you hear me nobody asked if I was okay, doesn't that make your heart hurt?

They're so unaware it's scary

• Haha
  • Sad

freda19

VIP Member
How did Scobie and his mistress ever come to think that exposing what is so obviously emnity, spite, treachery and cowardice was going to rehabilitate them? I know were talking a massive delusional bubble here but in truth, apart from the poor sad creatures who think shes Diana come again only better, EVERYONE else can see it. Surely someone at some stage would have said "are we sure this is good idea?" Its another fascinating aspect of the story - I mean have you heard one defence of the book or its subject matter anywhere but Sugarland?
Nobody who is on her payroll in any form will ever say no, or even "Maybe that's not the thing to do your High Highness" because they're enjoying sending another invoice for their services and it's all very easy money ... ker-ching! Nor do they have friends who give a shit enough to point out potential own goals or mishaps. Nobody cares about them. Just Haz's family(about him) and they are keeping their noses out and letting the farce play outso they can't be accused of shit stirring.
Haz is stubborn and is digging his heels in, but he's also hot tempered and when he blows it will be spectacular.

MillicentMargaret

Total disaster for Haz's reputation - he looks dim, entitled and petulant. I'm sticking with my gut instinct that Omid and Meg jointly threw Haz under the bus to set up the divorce narrative.

The publishers will be happy though. So many brand name checks just in the extracts - have they cut a deal for paid product placement?

Finding Freebies has a long book review in the Times today by very respected Valentine Low. It was pretty damning.

Another forum :coffee: (thank you) has spotted that it's been taken down (still in the print edition though). It's always interesting to have a second read of the stuff that disappears to have a think about what they didn't like.

It's long so I've spoiler tagged.

The Times Review

Finding Freedom by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand review — the truth behind Megxit? This new book gives the Sussexes’ side of the royal feud, writes Valentine Low

Friday July 31 2020, 5.00pm, The Times

Harry and Meghan met on a blind date in 2016

In the years to come, when historians come to unravel the chain of events that led to the downfall of the House of Windsor, perhaps they will pay particular attention to this book. Finding Freedom purports to be the first proper attempt to tell the truth about Megxit: how the Duke and Duchess of Sussex went from the golden couple who were going to modernise the monarchy for a new, emotionally literate, socially aware generation to the pair who found their lives so filled with misery and rancour that they ran away to California.

It is quite a journey. It takes us from Meghan landing in London in June 2016 when, apparently, she was a woman on a mission: no, not to bag herself a prince — that was to come later — but to go shoe shopping. Off she goes to Selfridges where, we are told, she enjoyed looking at her favourite designers, including Stella McCartney, Chloé and Marc Jacobs.

In between shopping trips, she is busy networking. Within a few days she is being set up with a blind date with Prince Harry. “Do you know what you’re letting yourself in for?” her London agent, Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne, asks over lunch.

“Well, it’s going to be an experience,” Meghan says. “And at least it will be a fun night.”

Meghan was right in one respect: the evening did go well. They chatted for nearly three hours, over beer for him, martini for her; he spoke about his charity work, she talked about her rescue dogs. There was no goodbye kiss, but the romance was on; by the time she was back in her hotel room, Harry was already texting her.

Meghan did not know what she was letting herself in for. There were warning signs early on, when Harry was so furious with what he saw as the racism and sexism in the tabloid coverage of his romance that he issued an angry statement condemning the “abuse and harassment” of Meghan. Prince Charles, meanwhile, was on tour in the Middle East, and only had 20 minutes’ notice of Harry’s incendiary statement. He was not best pleased. It was another harbinger of how Harry and Meghan would come to fall out with the other royal households.

By the time Meghan was pregnant with Archie, it was not short of all-out war. According to the authors, Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, senior courtiers in other households — the “men in grey suits” — were intent on reining in Harry and Meghan’s global popularity.
Who are these men in grey suits? It is never clear. They are not named. But they are a bad lot, it seems. The “establishment” even feared that Harry and Meghan’s popularity “might eclipse that of the royal family itself”. Really?

At this point the reader might reasonably ask, what exactly were these rotters doing? And how do we know? Scobie and Durand do not claim to have had interviews with Harry and Meghan, but they have spoken to them on occasions. They have also been introduced, with the help of the couple’s staff, to Harry and Meghan’s closest friends.

The result is that we get the pure, undiluted voice of H and M (as their staff call them). That makes this book an important contribution to the understanding of the biggest crisis in the royal family for more than 20 years. However, it is not necessarily an edifying experience, or indeed a reliable narrative. The main complaints, as far as one can tell, is that the Sussexes sometimes had to take a back seat in the royal pecking order when their proposals clashed with initiatives from Prince Charles or Prince William.

Did no one explain to Meghan that Charles is the heir to the throne, and William the next in line? And that the concept of monarchy is built upon the notion of hierarchy? If not, it was a woeful omission.

There are occasional attempts at balance, as when it is conceded that the way Harry and Meghan announced their plans to step down caused ill will in the rest of the family. Yet when Meghan is quoted as saying things such as “I gave up my entire life for this family. I was willing to do whatever it takes” one has to wonder about her capacity for self-awareness.

This is not to say that they weren’t genuinely unhappy, or that they did not feel unprotected by the Palace. They did. But this book has only one story to tell: how Harry and Meghan are the innocent victims of a wicked Palace and an even more wicked media, and it’s all everyone else’s fault. It cries out for a decent account of how things really fell apart.

The prose has its Mills & Boon moments. We learn that when Meghan moved in with Harry she immediately felt at home because “she’s always been able to bloom where she was planted”. When Harry took Meghan to Zambia, she “stretched her body into the perfect warrior pose”, which as well as being stunningly irrelevant raises the question: how did the authors know which yoga pose Meghan chose to adopt? Other than by her telling them?

Worst of all, on the evening she first visited Harry at Kensington Palace, we read that he was “every bit the gentleman” who would always gesture for her to go first. “The short walk from the living room would have been no different.” Please: too much information.

On and on it goes, detail after exhausting detail: the food they ate, the designers she wore, the finer points of Meghan’s packing technique. There are some exclusive nuggets, such as the fact that they got engaged several weeks earlier than anyone has realised. The name of their labrador, kept a secret for so long, is Pula.

However, for a book that sets out to put the record straight, there are curious omissions. There is nothing on the controversy over why they refused to divulge the names of Archie’s godparents, or what happened when she had an apparent meltdown on an official engagement in a market in Fiji. Their decision to set up their Megxit website on the sly without telling any of the royal family is skimmed over.

Some of it is just plain wrong. When they flew to Canada to get away from everyone in November last year, it wasn’t on Air Canada, as the authors claim, but a private jet (whoops). The authors use a couple of jobs undertaken by the couple to berate the press, complaining that coverage of their first trip to Wales omitted to point out that the reason they were an hour late was because their train was delayed. Not true: every newspaper said that their train was late. Instead of the couple being “pummeled with criticism”, the coverage was overwhelmingly positive. The Daily Mail, bête noire for Harry and Meghan, said she passed her initiation “with flying colours”.

A few days later, she wore a trouser suit to an awards ceremony. The book says she was “lambasted” for her fashion choice — in fact, she was widely praised. Laziness by the authors, who could have checked? Or cynicism?

Harry and Meghan had so much to offer. He was a popular and charming member of the royal family, with a drive and a sincerity that reached parts other royals could never reach. Meghan had glamour, intelligence, initiative and a fresh approach that could have transformed the monarchy. They could have done so much, which is why their departure was such a loss. They deserve a better account than this.

Product placement was the thought I had. Why else keep mentioning brand names. Especially ones that weren't at all necessary like Diptyque and wouldn't make people go "Oh, I suddenly completely understand why they just had to have them in the Chapel now I know it's Diptyque, I thought it was Airwick which is a total Non U brand!"

Great review by Valentine Low, pointing out that it doesn't actually answer any important questions, just point scoring and blaming everyone else. And yes, they were obviously just too popular for the monarchy and everyone else was worried people would suddenly want Harry and Meghan to be crowned King and Queen and it would be like Elizabeth who? Right. That's why they got several important and interesting patronages and jobs given to them that suited their interests and have them a role in the Commonwealth that was entirely theirs.

You can't go into a 1000 year old institution that has a lot of other people involved and demand it changes over night to suit your whims and then claim victim status when it turns out that no, it doesn't revolve around you.

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Wonder will this be an emotional trip for William , with both Diana and Harry missing from his life.
Last summer I went back to the little holiday home in Kerry we used to go to when we were kids and it buckled me 😭.
We lost dad when we were young and I could picture him on his favourite fishing rock, see him coming up the path from the beach with one of my brothers under his arms , see the boys running around the house.... All great memories but painful now, I wonder if Will will reach out to his brother and jog his memory by sending pics of places with special meaning.
Of course Harry could be like my brothers who replied "Where's this?" 🤷

• Heart
  • Sad

Facehugger

VIP Member
I don't think it's true either. But she is alleged to have been over heard saying that the cambridge kids are feral. Supposedly when the images of them appeared running barefoot and splashing in the little shallow stream in the garden Kate created.
She is going to be a helicopter mum and god help her kid, his life won't be his own and he'll be so sanitised that any future virus out there could have serious consequences. She's a fool.

It's Australia, where England would send convicts rather than to jail in England.
I remember that, she said they were feral just because they weren't wearing shoes.

Coming from the woman who lets her child be pictured in his vest & wet soggy nappy, she wants to shut her great big cakehole I say. Cheeky bint!

• Heart

Baguette

VIP Member
Is this it? Apologies if not, I haven’t read it yet.

It's the first time we've read that Prince William blocked MM's access to the TQ's jewels after the wedding. That wouldn't have been done lightly. They must have thought there was a serious risk of some sort.

Did they have problems getting the goodies back after the wedding? Or does this come back to the old rumours that MM had a deal to merch replicas of anything she wore?

• Wow
  • Sad