Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, but I simply must get this off my chest.
I'm really annoyed about the snarky sniping commenus made by Tattlers about Harry and Meghan, and their beautiful love story, as told in the book.

thanks to you lot, I've ruined two t shirts with tea being snorted and dribbled, and a pair of joggers when I laughed so much, spaghetti Bolognese landed in my lap! I demand compensation! Failing that, extra large bibs! Keep up the good work!!😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
LLOYDE WAS PLEADING with his superiors at home, trying to get them at least to postpone the date when he and his team pulled out.
He showed me the emails.
He wrote: We can’t just…leave them here!
The person at the other end wrote: The decision has been made. As of March 31 they’re by themselves.
I scrambled to find new security.
I spoke to consultants, gathered estimates. I filled a notebook with research. The Palace directed me to a firm, which quoted me a price.
Six million a year.
I slowly hung up.
In the midst of all this darkness came the horrible news that my old friend Caroline Flack had taken her life. She couldn’t stand it anymore, apparently. The relentless abuse at the hands of the press, year after year, had finally broken her.
I felt so awful for her family. I remembered how they’d all suffered for her mortal sin of going out with me.
She’d been so light and funny that night we met. The definition of carefree. It would’ve been impossible then to imagine this outcome.
I told myself it was an important reminder. I wasn’t being overdramatic, I wasn’t warning about things that would never happen. What Meg and I were dealing with was indeed a question of life and death. And time was running out.
In March 2020 the World Health Organization declared a global pandemic, and Canada began to discuss the possibility of closing its borders.
But Meg had zero doubt. They’re definitely going to close those borders, so we need to figure out somewhere else to go…and get there.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
so the local radio here were mocking ginger nuts today. they were focused on an extract from the book where he claimed William was drunk for his wedding. and the consensus was that all the dudes on the program showed up hungover for their respective weddings because of the previous stag night. they gave Wills a pass and said one having a stiff drink of the dog that bit you before their wedding is more than acceptable. much more acceptable than having a green smoothie lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Who is that Narinder Kaur woman? I seen her a couple times and all she does is shout down people. Why do those that defend Harry and Meghan have to raise their voices at people? Can't they just calmly make their points Embarrassing. lol.
She’s the one off big brother that was friends with Brian dowling until they fell out. I’m not sure what she did after BB that’s put her in this position.

Reactions: 17
The guy needs a new tailor, pronto.
The jacket appears too short, and the trousers too tight, whilst also creased and bunched. Very sloppy attire(n)🕴
new2.gif

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
wow...this is .......interesting, extremely interesting.....after this latest ........publicity, I wouldnt be surprised!

Thank you to everyone who is keeping these threads updated......im still bemused as to the point of the book and all this publicity..

The book seems to be written in such a childish and overblown way, I was thinking of comparing it to something like The Secret Garden, where the poor neglected rich girl, whose family dont care for her at all, finds salvation in a garden! But thats a fictional childrens book. Not reality by any stretch of the imagination.
Also the book has obviously been written by an American, with little or no knowledge of British culture, saying things like The Queen of England!!! huh
Meg clearly wrote large passages of this. There will be analysts dissecting her purple prose and comparing as well as picking out the Americanisms and things that a British person would know.

Reactions: 32
Who is that Narinder Kaur woman? I seen her a couple times and all she does is shout down people. Why do those that defend Harry and Meghan have to raise their voices at people? Can't they just calmly make their points Embarrassing. lol.
Cannot handle any dissent from their view in a mature way - same as putting their hands over their ears ... la la la

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I went thru a difficult period with my son years ago. One day a friend asked me…point blank…why I put up with it. I told her that, even at the worst of times, I still could see the loving adorable child he once was in him. And I’d think…that child is still in there somewhere.

I think Harry has lived years on the general public seeing that young boy walking behind his Mother’s coffin. No matter what he did, that caring connection with him gave him a certain amount of public absolution. Even as an American, I felt it myself.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but this nasty self-absorbed pot-head snickering and slobbering across various media…has finally and fully vanquished that grieving child for me. I feel nothing for him but disgust.

I don’t know how he can present as serious spokesman for any good cause…or his hypocrite wife pontificate about ‘kindness’ ever again…but they will.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I'm american, we often use jar (fine to use) Or pouch (yucko) gravy. So if they used outside gravy, it makes sense to be already on the stove.. Great If you buy a rotisserie chicken and want gravy. BUT - he gets no pass from me on the rest of it. PLUS, With all the lies, the gravy making truth was probably inadvertent. A lie that could be true.
I used to like Steven Kolbert, but after last night he was a fawning sycophant. I'm so ashamed of the audience lst night. A bunch of uninformed beer guzzling, rowdies, who have no business supporting Haz, but like the idea of sticking the finger up to the rich Royal Family. I apologize for them. I'm ashamed of all the supporters. They celebrate rebellion and destruction, unable to create something of their own.
Great new title and fab thread opening! Thank you @Churchill's Ghost and @lollipop_panda
@VioletButterfly

great post and I made one earlier slating American media attitudes to our Royal Family a and how bleeping hypocritical they are obviously it was not a criticism of Murican people.

This Colbert is a nasty cun t and his digs at us are offensive, we love our Country as you love yours and these people are pissing me right off.

I don't know what their agenda is but it is very wrong to kick at someone who is in shock and if his vicious yardstick is that bleep then he is as bad as he is.

Media mud slinging morons!!

• Heart
WE WERE HAVING a chat with Tyler Perry, the actor-writer-director.
He’d sent a note to Meg before the wedding, out of the blue, telling her that she wasn’t alone, that he saw what was happening.
Now, FaceTiming with him, Meg and I were trying to put on a brave face, but we were both a mess.
Tyler saw.
He asked what was up.
We gave him the highlights, the loss of security, the borders closing. Nowhere to turn.
Whoa.
OK, that’s a lot. But…just breathe. Breathe.
That was the problem. We couldn’t breathe.
Look…take my house.
What?
My house in Los Angeles. It’s gated, it’s secure—you’ll be safe there. I’ll keep you safe.
He was traveling, he explained, working on a project, so the house was empty, waiting for us.
It was too much. Too generous. But we accepted. Eagerly.
I asked why he was doing this.
My mother.
Your…?
My mother loved your mother.
I was caught completely by surprise.
He said: After your mother visited Harlem, that was it. She could do no wrong in Maxine Perry’s book.
He went on to say that his mother had died ten years earlier, and he was still grieving.
I wanted to tell him it gets easier. I didn’t.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
wow...this is .......interesting, extremely interesting.....after this latest ........publicity, I wouldnt be surprised!

Thank you to everyone who is keeping these threads updated......im still bemused as to the point of the book and all this publicity..

The book seems to be written in such a childish and overblown way, I was thinking of comparing it to something like The Secret Garden, where the poor neglected rich girl, whose family dont care for her at all, finds salvation in a garden! But thats a fictional childrens book. Not reality by any stretch of the imagination.
Also the book has obviously been written by an American, with little or no knowledge of British culture, saying things like The Queen of England!!! huh
Reads like it was written by a 12 year old American girl writing in her diary. Hmmmmm........that seems to be TW's level of thinking and literary skills.

🥴

• Haha
Colbert, like the Bidens, are of Irish Catholic immigrant stock. Colbert said some nasty, nasty things about the Queen when she died, and is a fully paid up anti monarchist. Hates the monarchy. There's no question that's why Harry went on that show in particular.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
LLOYDE WAS PLEADING with his superiors at home, trying to get them at least to postpone the date when he and his team pulled out.
He showed me the emails.
He wrote: We can’t just…leave them here!
The person at the other end wrote: The decision has been made. As of March 31 they’re by themselves.
I scrambled to find new security.
I spoke to consultants, gathered estimates. I filled a notebook with research. The Palace directed me to a firm, which quoted me a price.
Six million a year.
I slowly hung up.
In the midst of all this darkness came the horrible news that my old friend Caroline Flack had taken her life. She couldn’t stand it anymore, apparently. The relentless abuse at the hands of the press, year after year, had finally broken her.
I felt so awful for her family. I remembered how they’d all suffered for her mortal sin of going out with me.
She’d been so light and funny that night we met. The definition of carefree. It would’ve been impossible then to imagine this outcome.
I told myself it was an important reminder. I wasn’t being overdramatic, I wasn’t warning about things that would never happen. What Meg and I were dealing with was indeed a question of life and death. And time was running out.
In March 2020 the World Health Organization declared a global pandemic, and Canada began to discuss the possibility of closing its borders.
But Meg had zero doubt. They’re definitely going to close those borders, so we need to figure out somewhere else to go…and get there.

Use the £millions from your inheritance and the cash your father gave you. Instead of expecting hard up taxpayers to fund your jolly. Bloody prick

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
So he stole some corgi Christmas tree ornaments and gave them to minions as a gift and rationalised it by saying no-one would realise they were missing?
I'd be livid. I know and love all my Christmas tree baubles... :LOL:

Funniest bit was to read about how much they loved Frogmore Cottage. The Sugars frequently refer to it as a shack, sometimes rundown staff quarters...

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Someone who tells it like it is. Hope the link works🤞🏻

Reactions: 26
I'm still gobsmacked at watching Tom Bower's revelations on gb news last night that H has been a drug addict for 25 years, is still using and that Doria was a drug dealer! That's why her and,TM split up. And that she was missing for 10 years but legally he can't say anymore about that.

He's an experienced lawyer himself. Can't wait for other journos to pick this up
Omg is this true 😳😳😳

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.