Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never wanted to hurt anyone - more lies

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
FIVE MONTHS LATER.
Christmas 2020.
We took Archie to find a Christmas tree.
A pop-up lot in Santa Barbara. We bought one of the biggest spruces they had. We brought it home, set it up in the living room. Magnificent.
We stood back, admiring, counting our blessings. New home. Healthy boy.
Plus, we’d signed several corporate partnerships, which would give us the chance to resume our work, to spotlight the causes we cared about, to tell the stories we felt were vital. And to pay for our security.
It was Christmas Eve. We FaceTimed with several friends, including a few in Britain.
We watched Archie running around the tree. And we opened presents. Keeping to the Windsor family tradition.
One present was a little Christmas ornament of…the Queen! I roared.
What the—?
Meg had spotted it in a local store and thought I might like it.
I held it to the light. It was Granny’s face to a T.
I hung it on an eye-level branch. It made me happy to see her there.
It made Meg and me smile.
But then Archie, playing around the tree, jostled the stand, shook the tree, and Granny fell.
I heard a smash and turned. Pieces lay all over the floor.
Archie ran and grabbed a spray bottle.
For some reason he thought spraying water on the broken pieces would fix it.
Meg said: No, Archie, no—do not spray Gan-Gan!
I grabbed a dustpan and swept up the pieces, all the while thinking: This is weird.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
She’d been staying up late, night after night, trying to work out how to save these people, and now, on our first morning in the new house, she reported abdominal pains.
And bleeding.
Then she collapsed to the floor.
We raced to the local hospital.
Harold:
Did Abigail Spencer babysit Archie? Or was Dorito on baby duty and so she came with you to the hospital? Did she drive? Please confirm, seeing as Netflix said she arrived as 43 was miscarrying

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Just reading this thread. Catching up. I've got to the post about when Harry and Megan go to see Elton John.
"The azure sea" It's not a GCSE creative writing piece.... 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Must be exhausting, all that collapsing and weeping. 😁
This photo from the article made me lol, waving to fans, more like waving at nothing, I would say...

View attachment 1873455
Often times people will line up outside these studios just to say they saw so-and-so in person. Even if they don't like them. The celebrity culture here is pretty disgusting.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
MEG AND I MOVED our office into Buckingham Palace. We also moved into a new home. Frogmore was ready. We loved that place. From the first minute. It felt as if we were destined to live there.
We couldn’t wait to wake up in the morning, go for a long walk in the gardens, check in with the swans. Especially grumpy Steve. We met the Queen’s gardeners, got to know their names and the names of all the flowers. They thrilled at how much we appreciated, and praised, their artistry.
Towards the end of April 2019, days before Meg was due to give birth, Willy rang.
Something had happened between him and Pa and Camilla. I couldn’t get the whole story, he was talking too fast, and was way too upset.
He was seething actually. I gathered that Pa and Camilla’s people had planted a story or stories about him and Kate, and the kids, and he wasn’t going to take it anymore. Give Pa and Camilla an inch, he said, they take a mile.
They’ve done this to me for the last time.
I got it. They’d done the same to me and Meg as well.
But it wasn’t them, technically, it was the most gung-ho member of Pa’s comms team, a true believer who’d devised and launched a new campaign of getting good press for Pa and Camilla at the expense of bad press for us. For some time this person had been peddling unflattering stories, fake stories, about the Heir and Spare, to all the papers
I suspected that this person had been the lone source for stories about a hunting trip I’d made to Germany in 2017, stories that made me out
to be some fat-bottomed seventeenth-century baron who craved blood and trophies,
when in reality I was working with German farmers to cull wild boar and save their crops.
I believed the story had been offered as a straight swap, in exchange for greater access to Pa, and also as a reward for the suppression of stories about Camilla’s son, who’d been gadding around London, generating tawdry rumors. I was displeased about being used like this, and livid about it being done to Meg, but I had to admit it was happening much more often lately to Willy.
And he was justifiably incandescent. He’d already confronted Pa once about this woman, face-to-face. I’d gone along for moral support. The scene took place at Clarence House, in Pa’s study. I remember the windows being wide open, the white curtains blowing in and out, so it must’ve been a warm night.
Willy put it to Pa: How can you be letting a stranger do this to your sons?
Pa instantly got upset.
He began shouting that Willy was paranoid. We both were. Just because we were getting bad press, and he was getting good, that didn’t mean his staff was behind it.
But we had proof. Reporters, inside actual newsrooms, assuring us that this woman was selling us out.
Pa refused to listen. His response was churlish, pathetic. Granny has her person, why can’t I have mine? By Granny’s person he meant Angela. Among the many services she performed for Granny, she was said to be skilled at planting stories.
What a rubbish comparison, Willy said. Why would anyone in their right mind, let alone a grown man, want their own Angela?
But Pa just kept saying it. Granny had her person, Granny had her person. High time he had a person too.
I was glad that Willy felt he could still come to me about Pa and Camilla, even after all we’d been through recently. Seeing an opportunity to address our recent tensions, I tried to connect what Pa and Camilla had done to him with what the press had done to Meg.
Willy snapped: I’ve got different issues with you two!
In a blink he shifted all his rage onto me. I can’t recall his exact words, because I was beyond tired from all our fighting, to say nothing of the recent move into Frogmore, and into new offices—and I was focused on the imminent birth of our first child. But I recall every physical detail of the scene. The daffodils out, the new grass sprouting, a jet taking off from Heathrow, heading west, unusually low, its engines making my chest vibrate. I remember thinking how remarkable that I could still hear Willy above that jet.
I couldn’t imagine how he had that much anger left after the confrontation in Nott Cott. He was going on and on and I lost the thread. I couldn’t understand and I stopped trying. I fell silent, waiting for him to subside.
Then I looked back. Meg was coming from the house, directly towards me. I quickly took the phone off speaker, but she’d already heard. And Willy was being so loud, even with the speaker off, she could still hear. The tears in her eyes glistened in the spring sunshine. I started to say something, but she stopped, shook her head. Holding her stomach, she turned and walked back to the house.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
Why dies he never remember exactly what was said in these situations? He uses that excuse a lot to get him out of being sued for lying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
So reading from the excerpts posted on here and watching a few you tube vids it appears he has gazed into the eyes and felt a connection to an:
Elephant
Leopard
Lioness
Fox

And spoken to the moon, a bin and a toilet....

Another thread title suggestion

Harry and Meghan #300 Delusions of Sanity
Quoting myself but I can't believe I forgot to add the bleeping singing Seals!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
THE PALACE ANNOUNCED THAT a review had been conducted of our roles, and of the agreement reached in Sandringham.
Henceforth, we were stripped of everything but a few patronages.
February 2021.
They took it all away, I thought, even my military associations.
I’d no longer be captain general of the Royal Marines, a title handed down by my grandfather.
I’d no longer be permitted to wear my ceremonial military uniform.
I told myself they could never take away my real uniform, or my real military status. But still.
Furthermore, the statement continued, we’d no longer be doing any service whatsoever for the Queen.
They made it sound as if there’d been an agreement between us. There was nothing of the sort.
We pushed back in our own statement, released the same day, saying we’d never cease living a life of service.
This new slap-down from the Palace was like petrol on a bonfire. We’d been under media attack non-stop since leaving, but this official severing of ties set off a new wave, which felt different.
We were vilified every day, every hour, on social media, and found ourselves the subjects of scurrilous, wholly fictional stories in the newspapers, stories always attributed to “royal aides” or “royal insiders” or “palace sources,” stories clearly spoon-fed by Palace staff—and presumably sanctioned by my family.
I didn’t read any of it, seldom even heard about it.
I was now avoiding the internet as I once avoided downtown Garmsir. I kept my phone on silent. Not even vibrate.
Sometimes a well-meaning friend would text: Gosh, sorry about such and such.
We had to ask such friends, all friends, to stop informing us what they’d read.
In all honesty, I hadn’t been totally surprised when the Palace cut ties. I’d had a sneak preview months earlier.
Just before Remembrance Day I’d asked the Palace if someone could lay a wreath for me at the Cenotaph, since, of course, I couldn’t be there.
Request denied.

In that case, I said, could a wreath be laid somewhere else in Britain on my behalf?
Request denied.
In that case, I said, perhaps a wreath could be laid somewhere in the Commonwealth, anywhere at all, on my behalf?
Request denied.
Nowhere in the world would any proxy be permitted to lay any sort of wreath at any military grave on behalf of Prince Harry, I was told.
I pleaded that this would be the first time I’d let a Remembrance Day pass without paying tribute to the fallen, some of whom had been dear friends. Request denied.
In the end I rang one of my old instructors at Sandhurst and asked him to lay my wreath for me.
He suggested the Iraq and Afghanistan Memorial, in London, which had just been unveiled a few years earlier.
By Granny.
Yes.
That’s perfect.
Thank you.
He said it would be his honor.
Then added: And by the by, Captain Wales. duck this. It’s proper wrong.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
I stayed true to my word, didn’t tell Meg. But not long after she returned from her trip, she saw me coming out of the shower and gasped. Haz, what are those scrapes and bruises on your back? I couldn’t lie to her. She wasn’t that surprised, and she wasn’t at all angry. She was terribly sad.

Terribly sad aye?! I bet.
43DF042A-7E15-4421-9698-7AF331B57CF3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
It’s a harsh lesson in life to realise that it’s for you to want you to be the BEST version of you; everyone else will inevitably want you to be the version of you that suits them best.
This bit took my breath away ♥ That too mid-sneeze 😂 Seriously though, my friends tell me this but in this moment, what you wrote seems so significant.

Not to sound like ol' Bristle Head though 😂 I really believe in signs from the Universe, Nature's little signals etc, but have to keep checking myself now to make sure I don't sound as ..off my rocker as he does.

Mum was just telling me that Felix scared a random lady by barking loudly today. She said that the lady was complaining that she had a heart attack, and I just blurted out, "Why, did she see Smegs?" I think I need to limit my tattling to Tattle because that eyeroll looked really dangerous 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I WASN’T SURE WHAT TO call her, or what exactly she did.
All I knew was that she claimed to have “powers.
I recognized the high-percentage chance of humbuggery. But the woman came with strong recommendations from trusted friends, so I asked myself: What’s the harm?
Then, the minute we sat down together, I felt an energy around her.
Oh, I thought. Wow. There’s something here.
She felt an energy around me too, she said.
Your mother is with you. I know.
I’ve felt that of late.
She said: No. She’s with you. Right now.
I felt my neck grow warm. My eyes watered.
Your mother knows you’re looking for clarity. Your mother feels your confusion. She knows that you have so many questions. I do. The answers will come in time. One day in the future. Have patience.
Patience? The word caught in my throat.
In the meantime, the woman said, my mother was very proud of me. And fully supportive. She knew it wasn’t easy.
What wasn’t?
Your mother says: You’re living the life she couldn’t. You’re living the life she wanted for you.
I swallowed. I wanted to believe. I wanted every word this woman was saying to be true.
But I needed proof. A sign. Anything.
Your mother says…the ornament? Ornament? She was there. Where? Your mother says…something about a Christmas ornament? Of a mother? Or a grandmother? It fell? Broke? Archie tried to fix it. Your mother says she had a bit of a giggle about that.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.