Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Days later, Meg and I welcomed the Bee into Frogmore, made him comfortable in our new sitting room, offered him a glass of rosé, gave a detailed presentation. He took meticulous notes, frequently putting a hand over his mouth and shaking his head. He’d seen the headlines, he said, but he’d not appreciated the full impact this might have on a young couple. This deluge of hate and lies was unprecedented in British history, he said. Disproportionate to anything I’ve ever seen.
Thank you, we said. Thank you for seeing it. He

BIB was probably trying not to laugh at them!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
IT FELT GLORIOUS TO watch an entire country fall in love with my wife.
South Africa, that is. September 2019.
Another foreign tour, representing the Queen, and another triumph.
From Cape Town to Johannesburg, people couldn’t get enough of Meg.
We both felt a bit more confident, therefore, a bit more courageous, just days before our return home, when we strapped on the battle armor and announced that we were suing three of the four British tabloids (including the one that printed Meg’s letter to her father) over their disgraceful conduct, and over their longstanding practice of hacking into people’s phones.
It was partially down to Elton and David. At the end of our recent visit they’d introduced us to a barrister, an acquaintance of theirs, a lovely fellow who knew more about the phone-hacking scandal than anyone I’d ever met. He’d shared with me his expertise, plus loads of open-court evidence, and when I told him I wished there was something I could do with it, when I complained that we’d been blocked at every turn by the Palace, he offered a breathtakingly elegant work-around.
Why not hire your own lawyer?
I stammered: You mean…are you telling me we could just…? What a thought. It had never occurred to me. I’d been so conditioned to do as I was told.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
My FB book groups are in meltdown. At the moment the fans are posting 'Can't wait to read this', usually followed by 'Why is everyone so mean' 😂 😂 . Then flames erupt. I'm shocked at how many appear to be supporting Harry.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
It’s Meghan’s turn to release a book, though 🤢
Will Penguin even publish Parts II and III? Or will they demand their advance back?
Not when it seems to be the best seller all over the world the curiosity is huge🤦‍♀️ She will def jump on the band wagon 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 21
Also this part

The anesthetist hurried in.
Off went the music, on went the lights. Whoa. Vibe change. He gave her an injection at the base of her spine. Still the pain didn’t let up. The medicine apparently wasn’t getting where it needed to go. He came back, did it again. Now things both quietened and accelerated.

They were reluctant to give me an epidural as they said it actually slows the process down?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Drivel excerpt (thanks Anna2020):

She reminded me in a whisper, as if someone might be listening, that she’d taken a handwriting class in high school, and as a result she’d always had excellent penmanship. People complimented her. She’d even used this skill at university to earn spare money. Nights, weekends, she’d inscribed wedding and birthday-party invitations, to pay the rent. Now people were trying to say that this was some kind of window into her soul? And the window was dirty?
Meg wanted to sue. Me too. Rather, we both felt we had no choice. If we didn’t sue over this, we said, what kind of signal would that be sending? To the press? To the world? So we conferred again with the Palace lawyer. We were given a runaround.
I reached out to Pa and Willy. They’d both sued the press in the past over invasions and lies.
Pa sued over so-called Black Spider Letters, his memos to government officials. Willy sued over topless photos of Kate. But both vehemently opposed the idea of Meg and me taking any legal action.

So…. Charles sues over Govt matters, William sues over invasive nude photos, and Harry wants to sue over TW’s handwriting!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
I RANG GRANNY TO TELL her beforehand.
Pa too. And I sent Willy a text.
I also told the Bee, giving him advance notice of the lawsuit, letting him know we had a statement ready to go, asking him to please redirect to our office all the press inquiries it would inevitably trigger.
He wished us luck!
It was amusing, therefore, when I heard that he and the Wasp were claiming to have had no advance warning.
In announcing the lawsuit I laid out my case to the world: My wife has become one of the latest victims of a British tabloid press that wages campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences—a ruthless campaign that has escalated over the past year, throughout her pregnancy and while raising our newborn son…I cannot begin to describe how painful it has been…Though this action may not be the safe one, it is the right one. Because my deepest fear is history repeating itself…I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces.
The lawsuit wasn’t covered as widely as, say, Meg’s daring to shut her own car door. In fact, it was barely covered at all.
Nonetheless, friends took note. Many texted: Why now?
Simple. In a few days the privacy laws in Britain were going to change in the tabloids’ favor. We wanted our case to be heard before a crooked bat was introduced into the game.
Friends also asked: Why sue at all when you’re riding so high in the press? The South Africa tour was a triumph, coverage was wildly positive.
That’s the whole point, I explained. This isn’t about wanting or needing good press. It’s about not letting people get away with abuse. And lies. Especially the kind of lies that can destroy innocents. Maybe I sounded a bit self-righteous.
Maybe I sounded as if I was on my high horse.
But shortly after announcing our lawsuit I felt energized by a ghastly story in the Express.
How Meghan Markle’s flowers may have put Princess Charlotte’s life at risk. This latest “scandal” concerned the flower crowns worn by our bridesmaids, more than a year earlier. Included in the crowns were a few lilies of the valley, which can be poisonous to children. Provided the children eat the lilies. Even then, the reaction would be discomfort, concerning to parents, but only in the rarest cases would such a thing be fatal.
Never mind that an official florist put together these crowns.
Never mind that it wasn’t Meg who made this “dangerous decision.”
Never mind that previous royal brides, including Kate and my mother, had also used lilies of the valley.
Never mind all that.
The story of Meghan the Murderess was just too good. An accompanying photo showed my poor little niece wearing her crown, face contorted in a paroxysm of agony, or a sneeze. Alongside this photo was a shot of Meg looking sublimely unconcerned about the imminent death of this angelic child.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Thank you lollipop_panda for starting the new thread and recap.
Congratulations Churchill's Ghost on the title.

Thank you also to Anna2020 for taking one for the team. I have only been able to skim the posts as to nauseating.

I wrote out a post but the last thread closed so I hope I remember what I was going to write.

I am wondering if the gruesomes put out the rumours about the abuse of the women.

They tried to get Camilla but instead hit LSH so the backing of her in the interview.

They can discredit the authors of recent books on them and the commentators/youtubers.

After reading the excerpts on TB, VL and H books and seeing the Nutflux series posted on here I think the gruesomes have been playing the long game.

If the accusations are true the RF is completely stuffed.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Within two hours of our son being born we were back at Frogmore.
This is throwing shade at PoW, she left hours or pretty much same day when she gave birth. But she left the hospital with the babies in her arms... Faced the media with grace - new parents absolutely ecstatic and happy to share the moment.

No such photos of TW and Harold leaving with the baby exist - because their trip to Portland was the post office where they picked up a flat pack the stork left them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Days later, Meg and I welcomed the Bee into Frogmore, made him comfortable in our new sitting room, offered him a glass of rosé, gave a detailed presentation. He took meticulous notes, frequently putting a hand over his mouth and shaking his head. He’d seen the headlines, he said, but he’d not appreciated the full impact this might have on a young couple. This deluge of hate and lies was unprecedented in British history, he said. Disproportionate to anything I’ve ever seen.
Thank you, we said. Thank you for seeing it. He

BIB was probably trying not to laugh at them!
I wonder the Wasp is Tall Paul

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Drivel excerpt (thanks Anna2022):

She reminded me in a whisper, as if someone might be listening, that she’d taken a handwriting class in high school, and as a result she’d always had excellent penmanship. People complimented her. She’d even used this skill at university to earn spare money. Nights, weekends, she’d inscribed wedding and birthday-party invitations, to pay the rent. Now people were trying to say that this was some kind of window into her soul? And the window was dirty?
Meg wanted to sue. Me too. Rather, we both felt we had no choice. If we didn’t sue over this, we said, what kind of signal would that be sending? To the press? To the world? So we conferred again with the Palace lawyer. We were given a runaround.
I reached out to Pa and Willy. They’d both sued the press in the past over invasions and lies.
Pa sued over so-called Black Spider Letters, his memos to government officials. Willy sued over topless photos of Kate. But both vehemently opposed the idea of Meg and me taking any legal action.

So…. Charles sues over Govt matters, William sues over invasive nude photos, and Harry wants to sue over TW’s handwriting!!!!
Firstly that handwriting sends me in to a rage. My grandfather was skilled at calligraphy. I have birthday cards from the 80s which look like print , they're so perfect. Calligraphy is not bleeping swirly swirls and affectation. Her handwriting is terrible. Childish, faux creative bollox. Took a handwriting class in high school 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 .....he's so easily impressed. I'm thinking she did a cursive course and added her own thing and she is so bleeping Dunning-Kruger it's become the best calligraphy ever.

Also, to help me out of my calligraphy induced rage and back to sheer incredulity, he wanted to sue. Her ego knows no bounds. Her fashion taste is tit too..do you think she'll sue for that? What about her failure to blend her bronzer ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
People with actual TALENT must loathe Hazno and Ho ... I mean, talented writers who struggle for years to get recognition and a decent pay cheque, or actors who dedicate their lives to their craft never to get anywhere. Then this talentless, lazy, venal, bleep turns-up and gets paid millions to 'write' one of the most pathetic books in history and appear on TV. Some people actually work hard for to get to that place ... it's his total lack of talent that winds me up, he's thick and lazy ... all he has is that he was born into Royalty. He really needs to be stripped of his titles now, it's making the Royal Family look tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
So all that cheering for him was added later? Shocked, shocked I tell you!

So, Charles is always befuddled and undermining his sons, and William is always in a rage, and Meghan is always sobbing/weeping/collapsing…got it
Must be exhausting, all that collapsing and weeping. 😁
This photo from the article made me lol, waving to fans, more like waving at nothing, I would say...

B2F5A885-9CBA-4146-9602-7081D77AFE5F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Odd to describe a baby as a 'little visitor'.

Also why not finish the story and mention that Danny Baker (who at the time was a Radio 5 DJ, not a journalist) was sacked by the BBC immediately after he tweeted the monkey picture and also apologised.
There was uproar at the time too, it wasn't excused or brushed under the carpet.
They don't mention it because it doesn't fit into their narrative. :mad:

• Sick
Reactions: 35
Harry ONLY focuses on the media. He’s stuck in his 12 year old self’s fixation on the media and that it is everything wrong within HIS world. He doesn’t even give his family the respect that they are able to react to everything for themselves…. No….he thinks they are reacting in a way only influenced by the media. I don’t usually comment on mental health issues but this idiot has drug induced paranoia (in my humble opinion, but I do have a Pysch degree 😬)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.