Harry and Meghan #298 The half price Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to college and came back to many extracts I think I need to read it properly. Is there a way to link-in , to understand the spares pain ?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In desperation I went to Willy. I took advantage of the first quiet moment I’d had with him in years: The end of August 2017, at Althorp. Twentieth anniversary of Mummy’s death. We rowed the little boat out to the island. (The bridge had been removed, to give my mother privacy, to keep intruders away.) We each had a bouquet of flowers, which we set on the grave. We stood there awhile, having our own thoughts, and then we talked about life.
I gave him a quick summary of what Meg and I had been dealing with. Don’t worry, Harold. No one believes that tit. Not true. They do. It’s drip-fed to them, day by day, and they come to believe it without even being aware. He didn’t have a satisfying answer for that, so we were silent. Then he said something extraordinary.
He said he thought Mummy was here. Meaning…among us.
Yes, me too, Willy.
I think she’s been in my life, Harold. Guiding me. Setting things up for me. I think she’s helped me start a family. And I feel as though she’s helping you now too.
I nodded. Totally agree. I feel as though she helped me find Meg. Willy took a step back. He looked concerned. That seemed to be taking things a bit far. Well, now, Harold, I’m not sure about that. I wouldn’t say THAT!

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
All my life I’d told people I couldn’t remember the past, couldn’t remember my mum, but I never gave anyone the full picture. My memory was dead. Now, through months of therapy, my memory twitched, kicked, sputtered. It came to life.
Some days I’d open my eyes to find Mummy…standing before me.

Again...

b7ff3fa9-7bd2-432f-af4e-86b49e080b83_text.gif

I remembered Willy and me joining her for a chat with Christy Turlington, Claudia Schiffer, and Cindy Crawford. Very confusing. Especially for two shy boys, at or about the age of puberty.

This is William's memory. Isn't it? When Diana had some models over, was Harry there too???

Untitled.png

He omitted Naomi probably because he knows she would out him.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I lived just off Ken High St for quite a few years and you see such famous people that you get inured to it and are far too polite to react. Markle would be very very very small fry in London - she really is delusional I'm afraid.
As she found in the summer of not-Ashley Cole, when she could get no press coverage at all, acc to Tom Bower

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Still, despite the mounting stress, the terrible pressure, we managed to protect our essential bond, never snapping at each other during those few days. As we came to the final hours of her visit, we were solid, happy, and Meg announced she wanted to make me a special goodbye lunch. There was nothing in my fridge, as usual. But there was a Whole Foods down the street. I gave her directions, the safest route, past the Palace guards, turn right, towards Kensington Palace Gardens, down to Kensington High Street, there’s a police barrier, take a right and you’ll see Whole Foods. It’s massive, you can’t miss it. I had an engagement but I’d be home soon.
Baseball cap, jacket, head down, side gate. You’ll be fine, I promise.
Two hours later, when I got home, I found her inconsolable. Sobbing. Shaking. What is it? What’s happened? She could barely get the story out.
She’d dressed just as I’d advised, and she’d run happily, anonymously, up and down the supermarket aisles. But as she rode the escalator a man approached. Excuse me, do you know where the exit is? Oh, yes, I think it’s just up here to the left. Hey! You’re on that program—Suits, am I right? My wife loves you. Oh. That’s so nice! Thanks. What’s your name? Jeff. Nice to meet you, Jeff. Please tell her I said thanks for watching. I will. Can I get a picture…you know, for my mum? Thought you said it was your wife. Oh. Yeah. Heh. Sorry, I’m just grocery shopping today. His face changed. Well, even if I can’t take a picture WITH you…that doesn’t stop me taking pictures OF you! He whipped out his phone and followed her to the deli counter, snapping away while she looked at the turkey. F the turkey, she thought, hurrying to the checkouts. He followed her there too. She got into the queue. Before her were rows and rows of magazines and newspapers, and on all of them, under the most shocking and disgusting headlines…was her. The other customers noticed as well. They looked at the magazines, looked at her, and now they too pulled out their phones, like zombies. Meg caught two cashiers sharing a horrible smile. After paying for her groceries, she walked outside, straight into a group of four men with their iPhones aimed at her. She kept her head down, rushed up Kensington High Street. She was nearly home when a horse-drawn carriage came rolling out of Kensington Palace Gardens. Some sort of parade: the Palace gate was blocked. She was forced back along the main road, where the four men picked up the scent again, and chased her all the way to the main gate, screaming her name. When she finally got inside Nott Cott, she’d phoned her best girlfriends, each of whom asked: Is he worth this, Meg? Is anyone worth this? I put my arms around her, said I was sorry. So sorry. We just held each other, until I slowly became aware of the most delicious smells. I looked around. Hang on. You mean…after all that…you still made lunch? I wanted to feed you before I left.

Whaaat! Internationally famous superstar, supermodel A class actress Meghan Markle was left inconsolable. Sobbing. Shaking from 4 men taking pictures!!!!!! o_O

And NONE of them managed to get a picture of the other THREE taking pictures of her. Compared to the mobs surrounding Kate and the vile, abusive way they treated her.

duck off, she had blisters from walking up and down to get noticed and was inconsolable from not being hounded.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
“kissing her soft neck, inhaling her perfume” I was skim reading thinking he was talking about Megz but he’s actually talking about Diana I tit you not, why is he so creepy and weird about her. Has anyone else ever thought to themselves their mam has a soft neck?! :/ This is one very very weird obsession he has.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
MEG CAME TO LONDON. September 2017.
We were in Nott Cott. In the kitchen. Preparing dinner. The whole cottage was filled with…love. Filled to overflowing. It even seemed to spill out the open door, into the garden outside, a scrubby little patch of ground that no one had wanted, for a very long time, but which Meg and I had slowly reclaimed. We’d raked and mown, planted and watered, and many evenings we sat out there on a blanket, listening to classical music concerts wafting over from the park.
I told Meg about the garden just on the other side of our wall: Mummy’s garden. Where Willy and I played as kids. It was now sealed off from us forever. As my memories had once been. Whose garden is it now? she asked. It belongs to Princess Michael of Kent. And her Siamese cats. Mummy despised those cats. As I smelt the garden, and considered this new life, cherished this new life, Meg was sitting on the other side of the kitchen, scooping Wagamama from cartons into bowls.
Without thinking I blurted out: I don’t know, I just… I had my back to her. I froze, mid-sentence, hesitant to go on, hesitant to turn around. You don’t know what, Haz? I just… Yes? I love you. I listened for a response. There was none. Now I could hear her, or feel her, walking towards me. I turned and there she was, right before me.
I love you too, Haz.
The words had been on the tip of my tongue almost from the start, so in one sense they didn’t feel particularly revelatory, or even necessary. Of course I loved her. Meg knew that, Meg could see it, the whole world could. I loved her with all my heart as I’d never loved anyone before. And yet saying it made everything real. Saying it set things in motion, automatically. Saying it was a step.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Harry and Meghan #299 - Giving us all the Ick by putting his Mummy’s face cream on his Dick
Has to be this one, I just read the passage to my husband and he is quite open to peoples little weirdnesses but even he says that's weird.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
SOON AFTER THAT DAY, Willy and Kate invited me over to dinner. They knew something was going on with me and they wanted to find out what it was. I wasn’t sure I was ready to tell them. I wasn’t sure I wanted anyone else to know just yet. But then, as we sat around their TV room, both kids tucked into bed, the moment felt right. I casually mentioned that there was…a new woman in my life.
They surged forward. Who is she? I’ll tell you, but please, please, please, I need you both to keep it a secret. Yes, Harold, yes, yes—who is it? She’s an actress. Oh? She’s American. Oh. On a show called Suits.
Their mouths fell open. They turned to each other. Then Willy turned to me and said: duck off! What? No way. Sorry? Impossible! I was baffled, until Willy and Kate explained that they were regular—nay, religious—viewers of Suits. Great, I thought, laughing. I’ve been worrying about the wrong thing. All this time I’d thought Willy and Kate might not welcome Meg into the family, but now I had to worry about them hounding her for an autograph. They barraged me with questions. I told them a bit of how we’d met, told them about Botswana, told them about Waitrose, told them I was smitten, but overall what I told them was heavily redacted. I just didn’t want to give away too much. I also said I couldn’t wait for them to meet her, that I looked forward to the four of us spending lots of time together, and I confessed, for the umpteenth time, that this had long been my dream—to join them with an equal partner. To become a foursome. I’d said this to Willy so many times, and he’d always replied: It might not happen, Harold! And you’ve got to be OK with that. Well, now I felt that it was going to happen, and I told him so—but he still said to slow down. She’s an American actress after all, Harold. Anything might happen. I nodded, a bit hurt. Then hugged him and Kate and left.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
I see...

So all this stuff about leaking is cobblers then.

Or how else would it by a mystery that he had been with Meghan in Botswana and nobody knew?
Yeah fine, it would hardly be gossip meeting some woman in Waitrose.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Thanks for the new thread and title. :)

I think this book deserves an award for best comedy. :ROFLMAO:
I am gobsmacked this ever got past the proofreaders. They must have been pissing themselves laughing.

Did Scrotie take over the ghostwriting, or something? It's veered right into "peeing in the bushes" territory.

I reckon it's having the exact opposite effect than Harold intended.

He looks like an absolute tit, and William comes across as a fundamentally decent, rational, mature, but increasingly frustrated older brother trying one more time to save Haz from himself.

In fact, he's made all the RF look pretty good, IMO. They were clearly trying their best to support a very very difficult and challenging individual through all sorts of personalities and complexes. Oedipus. Messiah. Napoleon. All the while trying to be patient and understanding in the face of hostility, jealousy and resentment. And the substance issues.

I always thought they gave him far too much attention and far too much leeway, but in retrospect they were just trying to keep a lid on the worst of it. For his sake. Rather than being abandoned and abused, he was being protected more than he'll ever understand. The Sun story about being allowed to leave his base when the drug testing team arrived is proof of that.

KC3 wants him home. They'll fail if they take him back on anything other than a private, family level though. The public may be getting a good laugh out of the memoir, but it'll cease to be funny if he comes back in any sort of official capacity, and we have to pay for him.

He's not exactly in the best frame of mind to represent the UK, is he?

JMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
From last thread - @Anna2020 thank you!! 🙌

'She (Meghan) was wearing a black sweater, jeans, heels. I knew nothing about clothes, but I knew she was chic. Then again, I knew she could make anything look chic. Even a bivvy bag.'
But not her wedding dress - the wedding dress on the occasion she married Harry, not Trevor.
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 21.10.45.png
The awful strapless bra again!!!!????!!

The main thing I noticed was the chasm between internet and reality. I’d seen so many photos of her from fashion shoots and TV sets, all glam and glossy,

Unknown.jpeg
lol:sneaky:

...but here she was, in the flesh, no frills, no filter…and even more beautiful. Heart-attack beautiful.
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 21.07.27.png

Riiiiiiighhhhhhht!!:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.