Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Anna2020

VIP Member
WILLY AND KATE INVITED US for tea. To clear the air. June 2018.
We walked over one late afternoon.
I saw Meg’s eyes widen as we entered their front door, walked past their front sitting room, down their hallway, into their study. Wow, Meg said several times. The wallpaper, the crown molding, the walnut bookshelves lined with color-coordinated volumes, the priceless art. Gorgeous. Like a museum. And we both told them so. We complimented them lavishly on their renovation, though we also thought sheepishly of our IKEA lamps, our discount sofa recently bought on sale, with Meg’s credit card, from sofa.com.
-Kate thought Meg had wanted her fashion contacts. But Meg had her own. They’d got off on the wrong foot perhaps? And then, Meg added, everything got magnified by the wedding, and those infernal bridesmaids’ dresses.
-Willy and Kate were apparently upset that we hadn’t given them Easter presents.
-For our part, we chipped in that we weren’t too pleased when Willy and Kate switched place cards and changed seats at our wedding. We’d followed the American tradition, placing couples next to each other, but Willy and Kate didn’t like that tradition, so their table was the only one where spouses were apart. They insisted it wasn’t them, it was someone else.
Kate looked out into the garden, gripping the edges of the leather so tightly that her fingers were white, and said she was owed an apology.
Meg asked: For what?
You hurt my feelings, Meghan.
When? Please tell me.
I told you I couldn’t remember something and you said it was my hormones.
What are you talking about?
Kate mentioned a phone call in which they’d discussed the timing of wedding rehearsals.
Meg said: Oh, yes! I remember: You couldn’t remember something, and I said it’s not a big deal, it’s baby brain. Because you’d just had a baby. It’s hormones.
Kate’s eyes widened: Yes. You talked about my hormones. We’re not close enough for you to talk about my hormones!
Meg’s eyes got wide too. She looked genuinely confused. I’m sorry I talked about your hormones. That’s just how I talk with my girlfriends.
Willy pointed at Meg. It’s rude, Meghan. It’s not what’s done here in Britain.
Kindly take your finger out of my face.
Was this really happening? Had it actually come to this? Shouting at each other about place cards and hormones? Meg said she’d never intentionally do anything to hurt Kate, and if she ever did, she asked Kate to please just let her know so it wouldn’t happen again. We all hugged. Kind of. And then I said we’d better be going.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

TheCutiePatootie

VIP Member
That’s a very good observation - he’s less than a blank, he’s a vacuum.

If it were a real memoir, I would expect it to be centred like:

Significant childhood moments - Mother passing, how he coped, who helped him
Teenage years - School (There is a lot there to unpack e.g. Being so dull, Eton etc)
Early 20s (More about his military experiences, what he learned etc)
Late 20s (Why he didn't continue in the military, how he battled with what to do next in life)
30s (Royal duties, marriage and children, but the real questions... Not this Mills and Boon fiction shite)

There needs to be some kind of message. And it really doesn't even need to be his whole life. Just a significant part of it.

You can mention other people in your memoir but people want to know about you. Several people are reading this by searching for William and Kate's names to see what he says about them. They don't give a shit about his peepee. And real memoirs don't have these insignificant tidbits.

A memoir has to have inside information about something significant, a significant success that people are waiting to hear about. A punch. Like Bill Gates' (and any other Billionaire's) first triumph, Obama winning the Presidential elections, Viola Davis winning an Oscar, Serena Williams' success, Charles finally becoming King...

There is nothing here.

Its just malice, drama and settling scores.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
There's no way William is jealous of anything to do with him
I was just about to post the very same thing. The jealousy is all one way.
I feel for Charles and William - on a personal level, it must be difficult for them watching Harry self destruct.

Camilla and Catherine - I think Camilla took a lot of crap over the years and weathered it. Catherine - imo has a very strong core, a very deep sense of self. Who will ever forget her confident stride to and from the car at the Windsor walkabout. There was a real air of don't fuck with me (not that she would dream of uttering such a vulgar thing 😁) towards H&M.

Neither of them deserve this rubbish, but both are authentic - something H&M never were and never will be.

• Heart

VC10

VIP Member
WILLY AND KATE INVITED US for tea. To clear the air. June 2018.
We walked over one late afternoon.
I saw Meg’s eyes widen as we entered their front door, walked past their front sitting room, down their hallway, into their study. Wow, Meg said several times. The wallpaper, the crown molding, the walnut bookshelves lined with color-coordinated volumes, the priceless art. Gorgeous. Like a museum. And we both told them so. We complimented them lavishly on their renovation, though we also thought sheepishly of our IKEA lamps, our discount sofa recently bought on sale, with Meg’s credit card, from sofa.com.
-Kate thought Meg had wanted her fashion contacts. But Meg had her own. They’d got off on the wrong foot perhaps? And then, Meg added, everything got magnified by the wedding, and those infernal bridesmaids’ dresses.
-Willy and Kate were apparently upset that we hadn’t given them Easter presents.
-For our part, we chipped in that we weren’t too pleased when Willy and Kate switched place cards and changed seats at our wedding. We’d followed the American tradition, placing couples next to each other, but Willy and Kate didn’t like that tradition, so their table was the only one where spouses were apart. They insisted it wasn’t them, it was someone else.
Kate looked out into the garden, gripping the edges of the leather so tightly that her fingers were white, and said she was owed an apology.
Meg asked: For what?
You hurt my feelings, Meghan.
When? Please tell me.
I told you I couldn’t remember something and you said it was my hormones.
What are you talking about?
Kate mentioned a phone call in which they’d discussed the timing of wedding rehearsals.
Meg said: Oh, yes! I remember: You couldn’t remember something, and I said it’s not a big deal, it’s baby brain. Because you’d just had a baby. It’s hormones.
Kate’s eyes widened: Yes. You talked about my hormones. We’re not close enough for you to talk about my hormones!
Meg’s eyes got wide too. She looked genuinely confused. I’m sorry I talked about your hormones. That’s just how I talk with my girlfriends.
Willy pointed at Meg. It’s rude, Meghan. It’s not what’s done here in Britain.
Kindly take your finger out of my face.
Was this really happening? Had it actually come to this? Shouting at each other about place cards and hormones? Meg said she’d never intentionally do anything to hurt Kate, and if she ever did, she asked Kate to please just let her know so it wouldn’t happen again. We all hugged. Kind of. And then I said we’d better be going.

American spelling, I noticed , in that piece.
Also , it's made up rubbish, like the rest of the book. Walnut bookcases? Nope. Oak. From the Royal Estates

Anna2020

VIP Member
JUST HOURS BEFORE THAT statement went out, Meg was on her way to see me. She drove to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, paps chasing her, and made her way carefully through the crowds of travelers, feeling jittery, exposed. The lounge was full, so an Air Canada representative took pity on her and hid her in a side room. Even brought her a plate of food. By the time she landed at Heathrow my statement was everywhere. And changing nothing. The onslaught continued. In fact, my statement generated a whole new onslaught—from my family. Pa and Willy were furious. They gave me an earful. My statement made them look bad, they both said. Why in hell? Because they’d never put out a statement for their girlfriends or wives when they were being harassed.

• Haha
  • Angry

LByrne74

VIP Member
I toyed with the idea of buying the digital version of the book out of curiosity, and see everything in its context, but then I read a sample on Google Play. Jesus he drones on. So many descriptive passages about nothing in particular, in between the revelations, the "meat". I just wouldn't have the attention span for it I'm afraid. So I'm happier reading extracts. Besides, I don't want to pay for the book, I'd feel "dirty".

• Haha
  • Heart

givepeasachance

VIP Member
So, she finished her Eat Pray Love thing, then flew from London to Johannesburg, then to Maun, where I’d asked Teej to meet her. (I wanted to do it myself, of course, but couldn’t without creating a scene.) After an eleven-hour odyssey, including a three-hour layover in Johannesburg, and a hot car ride to the house, Meghan had every right to be grumpy. But she wasn’t. Bright-eyed, eager, she was ready for anything. And looking like…perfection. She wore cut-off jean shorts, well-loved hiking boots, a crumpled Panama hat that I’d seen on her Instagram page.

I asked about the flight. She laughed about the Air Botswana crew. They were big fans of Suits, so they’d asked her to pose for a photo

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex

• Haha

The Tipsy Titian

VIP Member
If any of this is true, it strikes me that she was playing him right from the start, playing hard to get, to make him fall even harder, whilst at the same time insisting they "give it a go" . I'll bet she found out what his free week was and then squealed OMG, that it just so happened to be hers as well. But I mean as with anything in the book, the whole passage is to be taken with a pinch of salt and she probably bloody wrote it anyway.
She came galloping in wearing a 🚨 on her head and the feckwit couldn't see it. A 30 odd year old man acting like a 16 year old. She played him like a two bob fiddle from the day she clapped eyes on him

• Haha

Lisdiz

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been posted already,but of course Megan fucked Harry for the first time in his Mum anniversary of her death………

• Sick
  • Haha

littowitchme

I coughed. Granny, you know I love Meg very much, and I’ve decided that I would like to ask her to marry me, and I’ve been told that, er, that I have to ask your permission before I can propose.
You have to?
Um. Well, yes, that’s what your staff tell me, and my staff as well. That I have to ask your permission. I stood completely still, as motionless as the birds in my hands. I stared at her face but it was unreadable.
At last she replied: Well, then, I suppose I have to say yes.
I squinted. You feel you have to say yes? Does that mean you are saying yes? But that you want to say no? I didn’t get it. Was she being sarcastic? Ironic? Deliberately cryptic? Was she indulging in a bit of wordplay? I’d never known Granny to do any wordplay, and this would be a surpassingly bizarre moment (not to mention wildly inconvenient) for her to start, but maybe she just saw the chance to play off my unfortunate use of the word “have” and couldn’t resist? Or else, perhaps there was some hidden meaning beneath the wordplay, some message I wasn’t comprehending? I stood there squinting, smiling, asking myself over and over: What is the Queen of England saying to me right now? At long last I realized: She’s saying yes, you muppet! She’s granting permission. Who cares how she words it, just know when to take yes for an answer.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
Christ who edited this? Defo an American no way would he refer to her as the Queen of ENGLAND surely Harry would say United Kingdom at least?

• Haha
  • Heart

CrabbyOyster

I've come to the conclusion that all these lies are constructed as a smokescreen for the big thing which is threatening to come out soon. Maybe, just maybe, they are incredibly clever and have made themselves look so ridiculous that when the rape and battery sorry comes out, they think they can say "look, another lie about us".

As the saying goes, the best place to hide the truth is in a pack of lies.

• Wow
  • Sick

Anna2020

VIP Member
Stories rolled in, like breakers on a beach.
- First a rubbish hit piece by a hack biographer of Pa, who said I’d thrown a tantrum before the wedding.
-Then a work of fiction about Meg making her staff miserable, driving them too hard, committing the unpardonable sin of emailing people early in the morning. (She just happened to be up at that hour, trying to stay in touch with night-owl friends back in America—she didn’t expect an instant reply.)
- She was also said to have driven our assistant to quit; in fact that assistant was asked to resign by Palace HR after we showed them evidence she’d traded on her position with Meg to get freebies. But because we couldn’t speak publicly about the reasons for the assistant’s departure, rumors filled the void. In many ways that was the true start of all the troubles.
Shortly thereafter, the “Duchess Difficult” narrative began appearing in all the papers.
-Next came a novella in one of the tabloids about the tiara. The article said Meg had demanded a certain tiara that had belonged to Mummy, and when the Queen refused, I’d thrown a fit: What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!
Days later came the coup de grâce: from a royal correspondent, a sci-fi fantasy describing the “growing froideur” (good Lord) between Kate and Meg, claiming that, according to “two sources,” Meg had reduced Kate to tears about the bridesmaids’ dresses. This particular royal correspondent had always made me ill. She’d always, always got stuff wrong. But this felt more than wrong.
I read the story in disbelief. Meg didn’t. She still wasn’t reading anything. She heard about it, however, since it was the only thing being discussed in Britain for the next twenty-four hours, and as long as I live I’ll never forget the tone of her voice as she looked me in the eye and said: Haz, I made her cry? I made HER cry?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

struggs123

Chatty Member
I do believe she told him she was hounded by the press and by 'fans', I suspect when they went out together because of him they were papped a tonne so it would be believable to him, but none of these photos ever surfaced, social media was never awash with photos of her shopping in whole foods. Funny that ain't it.

Evangelina

VIP Member
Wonder how far this has to go?
Before the realization kicks in that if he didn't marry the much hated Peg(she deserves parts of it) there would be some other woman stuck with him.
Even behind the scenes, in a controlled environment , she would have to live with him.

Thanks Peg.

• Haha
This is just insane! There is no way she would have been recognised, she wasn’t even the main character in Suits as far as I am aware? And the vast majority of the UK TV viewing audience had NEVER seen it! She wishes she could have been that famous though….
I also think she just doesn’t look unique enough to have been recognised, people would have just thought she was just an attractive woman ( with the slap on) looking a bit stupid wearing Hunter wellies. Someone like eg Calista Flockart from the considerably more popular Ally McBeale when it was on may well have been recognised

Did those headlines really exist in the gossip magazines in the UK when they first started dating? I don’t remember them. Perhaps we should go and check the back copies, we know the date when she was papped going to Wholefoods in her wellies I think?
I remember seeing the photos of her shopping that day. She seemed quite happy with the usual smirk on her face. Neither of these two could lie straight in bed.

• Haha
  • Heart

Happy Lady

VIP Member
One night, not long after Meg’s arrival in Britain, we were at home, making dinner, playing with Guy, and the kitchen of Nott Cott was as full of love as any room I’d ever been in.
I opened a bottle of champagne—an old, old gift I’d been saving for a special occasion. Meg smiled.
What’s the occasion?
No occasion.
I scooped up Guy, carried him outside, into the walled garden, put him down on a blanket I’d spread on the grass. Then I ran back inside and asked Meg to grab her champagne flute and come with me.
What’s up?
Nothing.
I led her out to the garden. Cold night. We were both wrapped in big coats, and hers had a hood lined with fake fur that framed her face like a cameo. I set electric candles around the blanket. I wanted it to look like Botswana, the bush, where I’d first thought of proposing. Now I knelt on the blanket, Guy at my side. Both of us looked up searchingly at Meg. My eyes already full of tears, I brought the ring out of my pocket and said my piece. I was shivering, and my heart was audibly thumping, and my voice was unsteady, but she got the idea.
Spend your life with me? Make me the happiest guy on this planet?
Yes.
Yes?
Yes!
I laughed. She laughed. What other reaction could there be? In this mixed-up world, this pain-filled life, we’d done it. We’d managed to find each other. Then we were crying and laughing, and petting Guy, who looked frozen solid. We started for the house. Oh, wait. Don’t you want to see the ring, my love? She hadn’t even thought about it. We hurried inside, finished our celebration in the warmth of the kitchen. It was November 4. We managed to keep it secret for about two weeks.

Hang on a minute. I thought he'd proposed in the kitchen while she cooked roast chicken. Well that's what they told the world when interviewed after/about the engagement.

• Haha

Rayne

VIP Member
Hang on a minute. I thought he'd proposed in the kitchen while she cooked roast chicken. Well that's what they told the world when interviewed after/about the engagement.
That was the engagement that happened three days before the actual engagement

• Haha