Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosa

OMG sorry if this has already been posted (still catching up) this photo is the latest attempt at trying to convince us this is the happy family…..
Obvs sugars, deluded. The new season models don’t even resemble the old season!!!
Look at his hand , is he giving the finger?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
Trevor Noah is talking about Boston and the race row. Missed a lot of it, my computer went hanging when I sat down to watch. If anyone can find the clip elsewhere!

• Sick

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
As I said earlier on this thread I had a non English surname before I got married. When I was young everytime I told someone my name I would have to spell it for them and they would say 'Where's that from? Or 'where are you from?.' I would then explain that my dad's family were from X.

The inference was always that I must be a foreigner. As long as people were pleasant about it there was no problem, but I did get a lot of piss taking when I was at school. The most annoying thing was people deliberately mispronouncing my name and thinking it was funny. I learned to be resilient and tell people to fuck off if they were being deliberately rude.

Now we seem to live in a culture where everyone has a chip on their shoulder instead of being proud of their roots/heritage. I don't see this as a step forward.

It took me and one of my closest friends a few days to decide her then-unborn daughter's name. Friend belongs to a very traditional and religious family but is settled in the US, with a surname that was involved in a political scandal (totally unrelated). The name had to be easy to spell and pronounce, with no negative connotations in the most common languages, sound as universal as possible while maintaining connection to the roots, and couldn't be distorted into something rude.

Though I personally know how cruel kids and older people can find something to make fun of when they really want to. If they could do it to my first name and surname, both not that uncommon especially in my region, shared by celebrities etc.. 🤷 But then these were people who thought the character George from Enid Blyton's Famous Five was my boyfriend (I was reading a book in front of them 😱😱🙄🙄🙄). Took a while to get it, but that was some life lesson 😂

For the little one we finally went with the name suggested by her grandmother, fingers now permanently crossed, and her mum and aunt very ready to teach her to snap back 😂

The rude comments could be explained away as kids being kids or people just being annoying for entertainment. Unfortunately though, the world really has become so much more intolerant of any perceivable differences. And there is a definite lack of sense of humour. No wonder that so many shoulders are sagging under the weight of those proverbial chips.

But then that's an explanation, not an excuse to deliberately create even more of a divide.

• Heart

Roryx1

The bloody press are less reliable than Tattle and don’t delve below the surface or really investigate anything.

The Palace dismissed Lady S without any investigation just to save face. I feel sorry for her as she was set up to fail when faced with a woman who had a huge chip on her shoulder and evaded answering a question in a rude way.
She could have answered "I was born in Britain, my parents came from the Caribbean and I have African heritage" that would have been easy enough.
She shouldn’t have to say where her parents are from or what her heritage is. She was asked where SHE was from not anyone else. When I’m asked where I’m from I shouldn’t have to say but my father is from Africa so that explains my brown skin. It’s just plain wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

peradetlic

VIP Member
I didn't like Katherine makeup or hair. Also, either she did some botox or she's on some heavy relaxing meds, because her face seemed bloated, especially eyes. As I look in more detail, it could be false eyelashes. Too heavy and too dark eyeshadow, she should go for lighter one and hair was too flat for that makeup. I would also liked for choker not to be a choker but at least a finger loose. But that's me.

As for Cunts, there is nothing new, I expected something like this.

Reactions: 11