Harry and Meghan #209 Cometh the hour, cometh Tom Bower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, I’m back. Two weeks ago today my world fell apart when my hubby passed away. I have to give a big heartfelt thanks to all Tattlers for your beautiful messages of sympathy and words of support which, although they reduced me tears, were a great source of comfort to me. To think that none of us know each other personally and yet we are like one big family feeling each other’s joy and grief. Where else would you get this kind of support ……? You are really a fantastic group of people and a pleasure to be part of.

The funeral was last Friday and was a celebration of his life with many happy memories of Mr Wise being shared by his family and friends. He taught himself to play the guitar and loved singing ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ to our children when they were young, and to anyone else who would listen! This became his ‘signature song’ and we had it played at the service - everyone was asked to join in, and they did …. It was wonderful, truly uplifting. I have to show you a pic. of the flowers which were on the coffin, entwined around his old guitar with ‘Puff’ sheet music. Again so beautiful, and so Mr Wise, he would have loved it.

Sorry this post is so long but, just to keep it OT, I am ready to face the antics of the Gruesomes once again and getting prepared for Thursday ….. the day to buckle up and enjoy the ride provided by Tom Bower.

Thanks for the new thread @Cassandra333 and @planetmirth for the brilliant title.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 190
Hi all, I’m back. Two weeks ago today my world fell apart when my hubby passed away. I have to give a big heartfelt thanks to all Tattlers for your beautiful messages of sympathy and words of support which, although they reduced me tears, were a great source of comfort to me. To think that none of us know each other personally and yet we are like one big family feeling each other’s joy and grief. Where else would you get this kind of support ……? You are really a fantastic group of people and a pleasure to be part of.

The funeral was last Friday and was a celebration of his life with many happy memories of Mr Wise being shared by his family and friends. He taught himself to play the guitar and loved singing ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ to our children when they were young, and to anyone else who would listen! This became his ‘signature song’ and we had it played at the service - everyone was asked to join in, and they did …. It was wonderful, truly uplifting. I have to show you a pic. of the flowers which were on the coffin, entwined around his old guitar with ‘Puff’ sheet music. Again so beautiful, and so Mr Wise, he would have loved it.

Sorry this post is so long but, just to keep it OT, I am ready to face the antics of the Gruesomes once again and getting prepared for Thursday ….. the day to buckle up and enjoy the ride provided by Tom Bower.

Thanks for the new thread @Cassandra333 and @planetmirth for the brilliant title.
Wise, so very sorry to hear that. What a lovely man he seems, and that flower tribute is amazing. Sending lots of virtual hugs 🫂 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Such beautiful flowers & a wonderful tribute ❤
Sending you much love & strength.
Always reach out if you need some support, someone is always here to help with the day & I think the Monteshitto duo give us enough ammo to ensure posts are kept to subject 😉

What time is his Netflix UN show?

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Lovely to see you back. The flowers made tears come to my eyes. I used to sing Puff the Magic Dragon to my kids too. They loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Just seen its Thomas Markled 78th birthday today!

This has to be the announcement, at non other than Mandela 's event, they declare all is forgiven & announce a reunion for Netflix.

(I read back before posting but decided not to change the auto corrected 'markled' 😁)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Here come the noisy planes at the Farnborough airshow.

I can see the landing planes from my office.

Did consider offering a spot to anyone with the means to take out H's private plane but was worried someone would take it as a serious offer and I would get arrested :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Just seen its Thomas Markled 78th birthday today!

This has to be the announcement, at non other than Mandela 's event, they declare all is forgiven & announce a reunion for Netflix.

(I read back before posting but decided not to change the auto corrected 'markled' 😁)
wonder if she's baked him a cake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

I am in tears. So sorry . May you find strength and love everyday of your life

• Heart
Reactions: 46

What a lovely and thoughtful tribute for your husband. And welcome back ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Beautiful tribute. ❤

And will they also be going to this? Seeing as they won that award and all that?

Screenshot_20220718-142906.png

• Heart
Reactions: 23

I'm really bhappy you are feeling a bit better. And had time to celebrate your husband's life.

Welcome back. 💞

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Thank you Cass & Planetmirth absolutely fantastic title .
I see the shoogars are back in droves on the DM Camilla post 🙄

@wisebutwild what a beautiful tribute to your darling husband. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss 💐

35C in Monmouthshire outside
23C indoors with windows and curtains closed no fan needed yet 👏

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Puff the Magic Dragon always makes me cry, but even more so now @wisebutwild. love to you and yours, and may the Cali cunts send you something to distract you for a few minutes of the day xx

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Wise, I am glad that you were able to find such comfort in the precious memories that made Mr. Wise uniquely "him" I agree that it is odd to feel so bonded with "virtual" friends, but that is the best of what the internet can be--a place to expand your world.

My father had us convinced that Puff lived in the Meadowlands swamps outside of NYC (across from Giants/Jets Stadium), so that song has always held a special place in my heart.

I guess we owe the gruesome twosome some small thanks - I have learned so much (some would say too much!) from this group and have been touched by the genuine friendship and community that has grown here. Too many place I have been eventually implode into infighting and personal grudges, but I haven't seen a bit of that here. It's amazing to be among people who can disagree in an adult and friendly manner and move on!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm in a darkened room with an electric fan pointing straight at me. This heat is sending me a bit doo lally 🤪

I think I might stay quiet for a bit and watch Kind Hearts and Coronets. Back later

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Oh my goodness @wisebutwild I didn’t know that. I must have been away from threads when you posted that sad news. I’m very sorry for your loss. Life is hard but it sounds as though you have many happy memories to look back on. It may be painful to do so right now when your grief is still raw but in time I hope you will find comfort in looking back on the happy and fun times.

I don’t have the right words to say to you myself but this poem was read at a dear friend of mine’s funeral and I thought it sounded right for your situation too.

Feel no guilt in laughter, he’d know how much you care.
Feel no sorrow in a smile that he is not here to share.
You cannot grieve forever; he would not want you to.
He’d hope that you could carry on the way you always do.
So, talk about the good times and the way you showed you cared,
The days you spent together, all the happiness you shared.
Let memories surround you, a word someone may say
Will suddenly recapture a time, an hour, a day,
That brings him back as clearly as though he were still here,
And fills you with the feeling that he is always near.
For if you keep those moments, you will never be apart
And he will live forever locked safely within your heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

He sounds like an amazing husband!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.