Harry and Meghan #208 Is there no beginning to their talents?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck I grew up as a snob... complete with a nanny... lol sometimes the snob comes out in me but not very often...lol I can get down and dirty with the best of them just make sure you are wearing shoes while out in public... not like at the beach or something but when you are out shopping or on a night out that sort of thing cos that will wave a red flag in my face...lol friend or not I will walk the duck away from you and pretend I don't know you...lol I think thats one of the reasons I can't stand the Harkles they just have no class what so ever... and they get photos taken with no shoes on...lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
@Chita Always loved that cartoon. That was when we discovered that smegs didn't have 40 friends or acquaintances, wasn't it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
....Two low-emission brains coming together, usually spells disaster ...... we just have to wait...😀😀😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
These companies like amazon ( who are a godsend for millions of infirm people and people who live in outlying areas or on the Islands of Great Britain ) employ a lot of people who pay P.A.Y.E. and then once paid, pay their rent or mortgages etc and also spend their wages in their local area . They also do pay tax on their business, the warehouse buildings local council rates, their electricity and gas bills , employ maintainance staff, and many many delivery drivers all in vans ( paying the VAT tax on petrol or diesel each time they are filled up) & the insurance business for companies ( taxed as well) and the Road Tax , that have been bought and are being paid for ( and serviced and maintained, tyres etc at local businesses) .
I know they get a bad press but that's mainly political , in my opinion.
Ebay is the same ; it's kept The Royal Mail and all its staff in lots and lots of work, and the same applies, etc
I agree.

And back when Bezos was still in the office every day, I watched a docu on amazon.
It said he micro managed and if there was a problem, he was on it personally.

I had suffered a few problems with deliveries and drivers not up to the high standard I had come to expect so I emailed Jeff Bezos.

I got a reply, too.
From Jeff!
He said he was concerned and had asked his deputy to fix the issue.
I got an email from the deputy the next day and the issue was not only sorted, but I got a year's free extension of my Prime membership and the supervisor of the local UK delivery depot put a letter through my door to apologise and enclosed an amazon gift voucher for 20 quid.

So I won't hear a word against them

When I send a letter I expect it to be acted upon immediately.
You got that Camilla and William????
Deal with the fecking Harkles.
Do.
It.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
My beloved MIL (RIP) grew up in a house with servants and a nanny. She was super posh, unlike me, I'm very working class. Though I can pull the accent out if I want to.

When my hubby was about 17, his mum was working in one of the local secondary schools. Hubby was a bit of a wild kid (me too) and he was in a band. One day, one of his friends turned up with four or five of his own friends who were all Black and looked like gangsters. Hubby got a bit concerned because he'd never met them before and they looked like trouble.

Then his mother came home. All four of them lit up with delight and were saying Mrs Cass's MIL, it's wonderful to see you blah blah. She knew them all by name and they adored her. They'd gone to the school she worked in. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I used to work with a guy who used to spray those hair fibre things into his receding hair but it seriously just used to look like he had a magnet on his head that had attracted a load of filaments to it. I reckon H is doing that too. Head like a Brillo pad!

Brilliant title! Great to see another new thread 😁

I’ve ordered THE book on kindle but seriously debating getting a hard copy for posterity, this book could bring about an historic moment 🤣🤣🤣
Maybe he's just using glue and cutting bits off a clown wig and sticking them on...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Afternoon folks thanks for the mew thread and title , I watched the Camilla doc on the itv hub last night as I have given up on trying to sleep thought It was okay

I have too admit I don't care much about the Harkles at the moment It is too hot to get worked up about those two as it makes me feel ill ,

Looking forward to the book tho I am currently flopped out on the sofa with Harry potter and the Deathly Hallows on Alexa with a cold bottle of water lol

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks for the thread.

And thankyou all for voting for my title.

For those asking about the Book Depository, I have had loads shipped from the US to the UK via amazon and Abe books and they have never let me down.
So I'm sure they are just as good shipping to people in their own country.

And yes as @Churchill's Ghost said, amazon also allows small businesses to reach customers who would never visit their actual shop because they don't live in their area.

So is Harry's book delayed or not?
I'm getting confused.
I have bought from Abe books previously, too.

Reactions: 14
I know I’ve posted this before, but I think it bears repeating. The 5% distribution requirement for charities is mandated by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and has nothing to do with the fact that the charitable foundation is formed under Delaware law. See, e.g., https://www.sapling.com/8069385/distribution-requirements-501c3-charities. There are other reasons companies register as Delaware corporations, such as the fact that they have their own chancery courts that deal with corporate disputes, but the charitable distribution requirement comes from the federal IRS regulations.

One of my issues with the Harkles’ foundation is the fact that their website asks people to submit inspiring personal stories or some such BS, but states that anyone submitting a story gives up their rights to said story. So essentially they are grifting for ideas since they can’t come up with any on their own.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I know I’ve posted this before, but I think it bears repeating. The 5% distribution requirement for charities is mandated by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and has nothing to do with the fact that the charitable foundation is formed under Delaware law. See, e.g., https://www.sapling.com/8069385/distribution-requirements-501c3-charities. There are other reasons companies register as Delaware corporations, such as the fact that they have their own chancery courts that deal with corporate disputes, but the charitable distribution requirement comes from the federal IRS regulations.

One of my issues with the Harkles’ foundation is the fact that their website asks people to submit inspiring personal stories or some such BS, but states that anyone submitting a story gives up their rights to said story. So essentially they are grifting for ideas since they can’t come up with any on their own.

Good info.

If I donate to charity I want as much money as possible to go to the actual cause.
Not in "expenses" to Horrid Harkles.

So I give to ones where I know they don't pay mega high wages to their personnel.

I will never donate to archewell.

I have bought from Abe books previously, too.

I love Abe.

Back before interweb I had to send a letter to a little book store who offered a booksearch service for out of print books.
They advertised this service in newspaper supplements and magazines.

You had to send them a letter giving as much info as you could about the book you wanted and enclose a stamped addressed envelope.

They would somehow search worldwide and write back to you ( using the stamped addressed envelope you had sent.)
If they hadn't found it after 6 months they stopped searching.
If they found it they sent you details and you either sent them a cheque or paid by card over the phone.

When Abe books came along, I could do my own search.
I've had loads from the USA and found one precious book in Aus.

Harkles can't seem to run anything and make a success of it.
They are the common denominator. They are the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
@Chita, you are a genius at capturing them so perfectly in every detail. I would say it is a caricature, but, honestly, it is hard to parody people who are already parodies

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Officials warned of ‘serious wildlife incidents’ at Queen’s Sandringham estate | Monarchy | The Guardian

On a pleasant autumn evening in 2007, a wildlife warden at the Dersingham Bog nature reserve in Norfolk took a friend to see two female hen harriers returning home to roost. But as dusk descended, they were startled by the sound of shotgun blasts.

After the first shot, they saw one of the rare birds of prey “immediately fold and drop out of sight”. About 30 seconds later they heard a second blast – and another harrier fell from the sky.

The shots appeared to have come from inside Sandringham, the Queen’s rural retreat bordering the reserve – where Prince Harry, then aged 23, and a close friend were out shooting ducks that evening.

oops!! Not impressed Harry!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.