Harry and Meghan #183 Invictus donations stopped in their droves after Meg spent 38k on clothes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By that logic you'd be happy to curtsey to Harry given his position!!

As much as I dislike her, I wouldn't blame Meghan for not wanting to curtsey to Catherine.
I disagree with your logic. He is no longer a working member of the Royal family so therefore I wouldn’t consider bowing to him or her. I would only think it appropriate to bow or curtsy if it was a situation that would make it relevant. But as I am unlikely to ever meet those two it’s not something I’d have to even consider.

William didn't wear a military uniform to the ANZAC day event.
Was that because he wasnt in the Army or was it to make Andrew and Harry feel better because they can no longer wear their fancy dress uniforms in public?
I could be wrong but maybe as ANZAC day is primarily an Australian and New Zealand Remembrance Day none of the Royals would wear uniform as I don’t think that any of the Royals have honorary positions within the Commonwealth countries regiments. They lay wreaths as Royal representatives because of the Commonwealth connection so no uniforms.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I have to say I find the bowing and curtsying to anyone apart from the Queen a bit strange. I didn't grow up in a country with a monarchy so it's just not something that's normal to me as a way of showing respect for someone. There are lots of reasons why people might choose not to bow to royalty. Did they change the rules recently so that people can choose whether they bow to them or not?

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Not sure I agree with that. They were both prevented from entering war zones by their positions as heir. Not their fault and both, especially William, made the best of other roles. Arguably hovering a helicopter over rough seas in a storm is almost as dangerous as doing the same in Afghanistan.

And if we apply that rule, we’re basically saying that any member of our armed forces who doesn’t serve in a war zone is less valued than those who do. They serve where they are sent. So many never see hot zones but surely a navy sailor who spends their entire career monitoring the coast of Africa for pirates is no less vital and valued?
Totally agree. There are thousands of people who have served long military careers and never been into a combat zone. Their service is no less valued because they never got that opportunity.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I have to say I find the bowing and curtsying to anyone apart from the Queen a bit strange. I didn't grow up in a country with a monarchy so it's just not something that's normal to me as a way of showing respect for someone. There are lots of reasons why people might choose not to bow to royalty. Did they change the rules recently so that people can choose whether they bow to them or not?
As far as I know the only rule change was when Royalty was no longer allowed to throw you in the tower for disrespecting them but that was a while back now 🙄 It’s an etiquette thing, old fashioned yes but something that has remained with the monarchy. Some people choose not to bow or curtsy, they no longer get beheaded if they choose not too.

Reactions: 26
I think I would curtsey to the adults in direct line of succession, should I ever be in a position where that came up. Not to the others though, but I might make an exception for Anne. Mr Weaver stood on Sophie's foot at a ball once - she was very nice about it and the securiddy did not immediately taser him or anything :ROFLMAO:

From Tina Brown in the Mail tonight:

'Meghan doesn't really have a brand – you feel that she is grasping at the 'Twitter caring' of the moment. Vaccinations, Ukraine, Women's rights, my 40th birthday, let's have a mentoring scheme. Nothing is really going anywhere for Meghan.'

Well cry me a river!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Heads up everyone, twit face Amanda Matta is about to do a reveal of who the racist royal is...she needs suing that one.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
As far as I know the only rule change was when Royalty was no longer allowed to throw you in the tower for disrespecting them but that was a while back now 🙄 It’s an etiquette thing, old fashioned yes but something that has remained with the monarchy. Some people choose not to bow or curtsy, they no longer get beheaded if they choose not too.
Actually the Queen announced a few years ago that no one was required to bow or curtsey to her. The people who do it are the ones that want to. I, personally couldn't do it because my knees would never allow it. I wouldn't be able to get up again :LOL:

Congrats to @Rayne for the title and MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS to @Carpediem69 for finishing the last thread on exactly 1000 posts! I managed it once and as I said at the time - that's class, that is ;):LOL: Also thanks for the thread and recap. Jolly good!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Actually the Queen announced a few years ago that no one was required to bow or curtsey to her. The people who do it are the ones that want to. I, personally couldn't do it because my knees would never allow it. I wouldn't be able to get up again :LOL:

Congrats to @Rayne for the title and MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS to @Carpediem69 for finishing the last thread on exactly 1000 posts! I managed it once and as I said at the time - that's class, that is ;):LOL: Also thanks for the thread and recap. Jolly good!
I don’t remember that but I think I remember Tony Blair and his wife didn’t and some of the papers made a bit of a deal of it at the time. I’m with you, I don’t think my knees could cope either 😆

Reactions: 25
For those interested in the modus operandi of tabloids and Royal ''experts'' I'm going to chose Charles, because chosing Andrew , minimizes the ''chipping away'' effect , because no one would perceive BS, lies or even irrelevant truths about Andrew as a danger for the Monarchy.

Random choice:

Year 2022, Tina Brown:
The Palace Papers
Charles learning about sex from Camilla : Pretend I’m a rocking horse,’ the young Camilla is said to have urged the sexually ‘diffident’ Charles.

The original,- Kitty Kelley 1997 (book banned in UK )the Royals.
The horses mouth which claimed that -Richard Parker Bowles(APB brother)

Year 2007
Tina Brown Diana Chronicles and :
''Pretend I'm a rocking horse.''

One could ponder the profitability of repeating something like the above for exactly 25 years, one also soon realizes that the purpose of the repeat , or the repeat in it self are something which happens when there is a ''change'' going on, so the vultures bring out their copy-pastas in a attempt to profit from turmoil, and to be part of the ''chipping away'' process .

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Thanks for the new thread and title. :)

Did this get posted? Hazza's off on another of his MH virtue-signalling word salad thingies again.

https://archive.ph/Aui43
bleeping moron, we have services that are woefully understaffed and funded, coming from someone who has aligned with betterup, he's made me really angry with this now, I work in a mental health hospital, I bet he's been no where near one and seen the realities for staff and patients.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Harry is actually mentioning ''mental fitness .''
Harry?
''Mental fitness .''
Harry.
It's the Matrix.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Cherie Blair was determined not to curtsey just to make a point. The Queen found this funny and was reported as saying it amused her to see Mrs Blair stiffen her knees each time they came face to face. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.