Harry and Meghan #145 Psst, Wanna invest? With a Dook & Dookess? Please feather our nest!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What Bench????? Here comes Ange.

I can hear the sound of all the remaining plates smashing.....

And seeing that she and William Hague are good friends, how long before there's some kind of charitable work team up with the Royal Foundation? :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Thanks to everyone on here that still has the enthusiasm to come up with the goods - posting articles, new pictures etc. I'm still a bit jaded with them all (The Harkles, The Pricey and all the people/ clebs that seem to get away with everything). I accidentally fell into a Shouty Shola blackhole too when I ventured over on Twitter and it left me feeling like I needed to bash my head in with a brick! But (Is it acceptable to start a sentence with a but now?) I've just whiled away an hour here this morning and feel a bit better.
Keep going - your service is appreciated πŸ…πŸ₯‰πŸ₯ˆ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
PC β€œI’m very proud of my son William ….” πŸ‘πŸ»
And it seems that certain bots and sugars on twitter are in a tizzy about it. "what about Harry's amazing statement about drilling?? and elephants??! and Travalarse!"

Well A) This is about Earthshot which is tonight B) Charles HAS talked about how proud he was of Harry, especially in that radio thing they did together and C) Harry has publicly trashed his father several times this year. And every time a BRF member does something the Harkles should be mentioned? I thought they wanted out?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

I think Sunshine Sucks have been reading the thread and have been trawling through Uni friends, or those desperate enough for publicity, to try and negate the rumours of the Duchess of Twuntness being mean at Uni πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ. They obviously think the general public have the IQ of an amoeba!

I have copied and pasted the narrative of the article under the Spoiler for those interested in reading it:

Hollywood actress Lily Rabe - who studied at Northwestern University at the same time as Meghan Markle - said the Duchess was "lovely" when showing her around campus

The Duchess of Sussex studied at top ranking Northwestern University in Illinois - as did American Horror Story actress Lily Rabe.

Meghan was a student between 1999 and 2003, finishing one year before Lily's graduation and was a self-confessed "theatre nerd" before she made her way into television and eventually the Royal Family.

Lily - who spent 10 years playing different chilling roles in the award-winning horror series - recently shared memories of her college years and how she first met Meghan.

She told 9Honey : β€œShe was a few years ahead of me but yes, we had I believe the same acting teacher and met sort of early on when I was a freshman.

β€œI was introduced by our acting teacher that she would show me the ropes and show me around campus a little bit, and she was very lovely.”

Lily said she has seen Meghan since they first met 20 years ago - but said "not in a while".

Meghan earned a joint Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre and international relations at the prestigious college.

β€œI had always been the theatre nerd at Northwestern University", the Duchess told Marie Claire in 2013.

β€œI knew I wanted to do acting, but I hated the idea of being this clichΓ©: a girl from LA who decides to be an actress.

β€œI wanted more than that, and I had always loved politics, so I ended up changing my major completely, and double-majoring in theatre and international relations.

β€œBy my junior year I had finished most of my credits, and I applied for an internship at the US Embassy, so I ended up working in the embassy in Buenos Aires for a few months.

β€œIt was during their economic devaluation and our Secretary of the Treasury at the time, Paul O'Neill, was there.

β€œSo I'm 20 years old, in Buenos Aires, in a motorcade, doing that whole thing."

Earlier this year college friend Lindsay Roth, defended Meghan amid accusations of bullying - which the Duchess of Sussex has denied.

Lindsay - who now works as a producer and author - posted a defence of Meghan on Instagram in March this year.

She claimed that "goodwill runs in her bones" and branded the royal mum-of-two an "altruistic, magnanimous friend".

Lindsay and Meghan studied together at Northwestern.

She accompanied the defence of her best pal with a picture of the pair at their graduation, and another on Lindsay's wedding day.

"Meg's M.O. has always been kindness; goodwill runs in her bones," Lindsay wrote.

"I know this to be true after 22 years of very close friendship. I have seen firsthand how she treats her friends and their families, and her colleagues."

'She's more than just a cover story,' Lindsay argued.

Her comments came after Meghan hit headlines after accusations of bullying and just before her and Prince Harry's tell-all Oprah interview.

It comes after Meghan was warned to limit her "massively extravagant" spending when she joined the Royal Family.

Jennie Bond, a former Royal Correspondent at the BBC, has previously warned the Duchess of Sussex over her spending and said the public "disliked it".

When Meghan became part of The Firm many were hopeful she would help modernise the Royal Family.

Bond appeared to be aware of how Meghan's spending habits would translate to the public.

In 2019, speaking to Yahoo!Life, she warned the mum-of-two over what she described as her "massively extravagant" spending.

Earlier this week, royal sources revealed the couple will not have daughter Lillibet christened in the UK.

There had been suggestions the couple would return to Britain to have their four-month-old baptised at Windsor Castle like their son Archie, two.

Lilibet Diana, affectionately known as Lili and who is named after the Queen and after Harry's mum Diana, was born in a hospital in Santa Barbara, California in June.

But a palace insider told the Telegraph : β€œThere will not be a christening in the UK. It is not happening."

Another source said it would be β€œhighly unlikely”.

Despite renouncing Royal duties, the couple are still keeping busy.

The pair announced the move on their Archewell website and said the roles would help them "put their values into action".

A statement from the couple said: "When we invest in each other we change the world…

"Be it through the investment of time (as with mentoring), investment in community (as with volunteering), or the investment of funds (for those who have the means to), our choicesβ€”of how and where we put our energyβ€”define us as a global community."

One of the accompanying photos was this interesting one:
View attachment 813664

Note, Lindsay Roth is not the actress at the beginning of the article who is saying how saintly the Twuntness was at Uni (barf - looking for exposure much, me dear?) but this delightful female is one of those who accompanied her royal Twuntness to Wimbledon when she cleared the whole area of ticket holders and had her security harass people for taking selfies with players in the background, saying they were taking photos of her. Twunts, the lot of them!!!
These morons fail to make the distinction that, because someone is nice to you doesn’t mean they are nice to everyone.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
To be honest I'm sick to death about being lectured about the planet.
They can all duck off and get on with it.
What the hell am I supposed to do? There's so many misguided cranks around, too many shouty over emotional teenagers and too much ill thought out reactions from politicians.

I'll applaud when someone invents a sustainable non polluting fuel that is cheap to produce and available for everyone (not electricity running everything). The main reason for my hope that will happen is because then we will be free of tyranny from the oil producers in the middle East and the Russians.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Thread suggestion

Harry &Meghan # 146 Faking skills to pay the bills , PC is very proud of Wills

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Travalarse!"
Travelarse :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
To be honest I'm sick to death about being lectured about the planet.
Me too. I don't own a car and I haven't been on a plane in over 12 years (and then it was for work). I'm on disability benefits so can't afford to buy anything other than food and heating. Any clothes I get are second hand. There isn't one single big mouthed activist causing as little damage to the environment as I am. So they can all duck off as far as I'm concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Edited to change to correct tweet

Read the comments
Think original poster is a sugar
I don't post much anymore but I just had to comment on this. Thank you so much for posting this - I remember us discussing her stint at the Embassy about 100 threads ago, and I found it very strange that there were no clips of her speaking Spanish (I was desperate to pass judgement πŸ˜‚).

Anyway, that is not someone who speaks fluent Spanish. You would never switch the conversation back into English like that. What she says is a very basic GCSE level phrase "I love Argentina" and the only other thing she says in Spanish is the name of the place she lived in Buenos Aires. I worked in the British Consulate in Madrid, but haven't spoken Spanish on a daily basis for over 10 years since being back in the UK, but when I do encounter Spanish people, I can easily chit-chat without having to revert to English.

Therefore I call bullshit on her language "talents".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Travelarse :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Me too. I don't own a car and I haven't been on a plane in over 12 years (and then it was for work). I'm on disability benefits so can't afford to buy anything other than food and heating. Any clothes I get are second hand. There isn't one single big mouthed activist causing as little damage to the environment as I am. So they can all duck off as far as I'm concerned.
Yup I'm with you. I do have a car but since lockdown it's mainly used just to go to the supermarket occasionally. I haven't been on a holiday abroad in years. Mainly I'm sitting at home working.

All this crap aimed at people like us is irritating when the real problem is coming from places like China.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.