Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Misfit

OMG, I just made the horrible mistake of googling that spider. 😳 Stupid of me, as I have terrible arachnophobia. I may not be able to sleep tonight.
They're big but relatively harmless. They'll generally just sit there on the wall and then disappear and you never see them again. Leave them alone and they are no trouble.

But that's true of pretty much all dangerous wildlife in Oz. They just want to be left alone and will bugger off as soon as they even hear you coming.

They are mostly harmless, prowl around looking for insects etc, and scuttle away if you throw a slipper or something near them.
Ha! Jinx 😉

Reactions: 10

Murphy Brown

VIP Member
I have no idea. Honestly, we live in big cities just like you. If I saw a mouse, I would be thrilled!

• Haha
  • Heart

Murphy Brown

VIP Member
Lololol that was genuinely very funny. But in general, 'no offence, but' generally precedes a comment that will cause offence.

Albatross

Voted again, who is Dr Fauci?
Anthony Fauci is an immunologist who has been the director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for many years. He is currently the chief medical advisor to the president. Many Trump Sugars and people who think Covid is a hoax hate him.

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Literally never saw either a spider or a snake in my loo. Perhaps if you lived in the outback with an outside dunny? But generally, no. I did have a frog in the loo once…

Also, America has rattlesnakes and black widows etc, as well as bears and coyotes (which Australia doesn’t have) but people don’t carry on about how dangerous America’s wildlife is.
I live in an urban area (outer suburbia) I haven't had big spiders in the loo (as in room not inside it) but small ones. I guess they are on the washing when I bring it in.
I think if I remember correctly black widows and our redbacks are related.
America has some very dangerous animals. I would definitely not like to run into a bear or mountain lion.

• Heart
I saw it more like the 'PG' screen before a movie comes up. I mean no offence. I really don't. I just don't see the point of Australia, that's all. I am sure it's lovely and all the inhabitants are lovely people.
Again, is this your first day on the internet? Or are you just really bad at trolling?

No "offence" but I take "offense" that you spell "offense" with a C, I am a legal proofreader in America so of course my opinion trumps all... 🙄

Evangelina

VIP Member
I want to know what the Australian annual expenditure on antidote is.
I'm just joking, but even the platypus is venomous.
Then the spiders, and the surfer culture is very devoloped.
And there is the box jellyfish.
The above is intended as a joke, however the coolness of the inhabitants (on TV, or in conversation) towards some of these species is both funny and fascinating.

"Ah, it just (insert name of lethal species)
Nature is scary:

• Sick
Reactions: 9

QueenoftheTomtes

Chatty Member
Henry’s wife still number 2 - apt!
Oprah has gone up to 6 places to 43
Gayle has gone up 5 places to 57
Tyler has gone up a huge 34 places to 110.

It would be great if we could have them as the top 4 - it would send out a very clear message!

Keep voting pop pickers!

PS I only use 5 of my 10 votes and it still refreshes each hour.
Question, why Tyler?

Reactions: 9

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
I thought Australia was having a humungous mouse problem atm?

eta: sorry tried a spoiler but didn’t work so removed it. Big story on BBC web site. Thumbnail was rather graphic.
Yes there is a massive mouse plague on the grain farms. I feel so sorry for them. Finally they get a good year after years of drought and the mouse numbers have exploded. Too many for any amount of cats to handle and you cannot have poison near a food source. I think the farmers have had to think outside the box.

It's like saying you have heard xyz about the USA. It's a big country!

Totally. I am completely worried about bushfires this year. That's the real issue.
There are some selfish idiots that have no brains. The things people do in bushfire prone areas is beyond belief.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8